Better Catalog: A Tribe Called Quest or Outkast

Arguably the 2 greatest hip-hop groups of all times.

Outkast
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
ATLiens
Aquemini
Stankonia
Speakerboxx/Love Below
Idlewild

ATCQ
People's Instinctive Travels and Paths of Rythmn
The Low End Theory
Midnight Marauders
Beats Rhyme & Life
The Love Movement

Which group has the better overall catalog and why.

I came in here wanting to say Outkast but then I looked at the list and I got all of their albums except for Kast's Idlewild heard it tho and this is a harder choice than I thought........

..........Damn this is type hard, I dont kno they both got classics ..... ummmmmm @@$+ Ight Imma go with Tribe Kast slightly has a weaker catalog slightly, this aint a easy choice if you a big fan of both

smokin.gif

Tribe . . . I never really got into Outkast . . .

What about EPMD, I'd take their catalog over Outkasts

I gotta give the edge to Outkast. I love Tribe just as much but I never really liked their first and last album. Everything else is classic to me from theircatalogue. As for Outkast, they only have one album that does not get heavy rotation from me(Stankonia).

^ You bumpin Idlewild more than Stankonia??????!!!!!!!!!! I think Stankonia is extremely underrated
As unbelievable as it sounds I just can't get in to the sound of the album. It's not a terrible album but I expected much more when itreleased. I think Idlewild is a slept on album. All the Andre tracks were
pimp.gif

Arguably the 2 greatest hip-hop groups of all times.

Outkast
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
ATLiens
Aquemini
Stankonia
Speakerboxx/Love Below
Idlewild

ATCQ
People's Instinctive Travels and Paths of Rythmn
The Low End Theory
Midnight Marauders
Beats Rhyme & Life
The Love Movement

Which group has the better overall catalog and why.

I love ATCQ but anyone, no matter where your from are lying if they don't go with Outkast.

The first three Tribe albums are timeless as well as flawless while the later two were decent where as Kast has 4 perfect albums, 1 dope joint and a so-soeffort (Idlewild).

Both have ridiculous catalogues.....but I give ATCQ more spins.

So my vote goes to Tribe.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

Tribe
Beats, Rhymes & Life is highly underrated.

underrated?? most people view their first album as their 2nd best behind Low End Theory.

Can i Kick It
Bonita Applepbum
After Hours

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

For me im only going with ATCQ just because the subject matter is a bit more diverse, i mean you got social commentary, fun records, soft type records for thewomen, street anthems and etc.... ofcourse Big Boi and Andre are superior in terms of lyrics.... idk depending on the mood im in one day i may say Kast nextday ATCQ. Tribe has more classic songs when compared to Outkast.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

underrated?? most people view their first album as their 2nd best behind Low End Theory.

Huh????

wow my bad Bscan i don't know how i read that as People's Instinctive Travels and Paths of Rythmn
laugh.gif
. Yeah Beats, Rhymes & Life is kinda slept on.
Tribe Hands Down

Only hip hop group with 3 straight classics
that can also kinda apply to Outkast aswell, maybe even EPMD also.

I think this has to be Outkast...

And Outkast doesn't have diverse subject matter? Those dudes rap about the wildest things, Toilet Tisha
eek.gif

I mean if I'm just vibing with a dutch on a summer day give me ATCQ, but overall catalog for the rest of my life is Outkast no question

Tribe for me. Love Movement was eh, but I could still listen to most of it. I didn't like Outkast from Stankonia and after, though I love the first threealbums.

Back
Top Bottom