BHM Spizike 2013.... (put on your sun glasses)

I repeat, what the F do Spike Lee and Jordan have to do with BHM? They haven't done anything of historic significance politically or historically.If anything this mocks BHM. Hell, Nike mocks BHM with all of their special makeups. It always bothered me that they use Black History Month to honor people who gained financially without doing much. Just another silly gimmick in my opinion. And the shoes are usually ugly to boot. :smh:

I repeat, what the F do Spike Lee and Jordan have to do with BHM? They haven't done anything of historic significance politically or historically.If anything this mocks BHM. Hell, Nike mocks BHM with all of their special makeups. It always bothered me that they use Black History Month to honor people who gained financially without doing much. Just another silly gimmick in my opinion. And the shoes are usually ugly to boot.
mean.gif
Huh? I mean the execution is poor but are you really questioning what Spike Lee and Michael Jordan have to do with Black History?

I repeat, what the F do Spike Lee and Jordan have to do with BHM? They haven't done anything of historic significance politically or historically.If anything this mocks BHM. Hell, Nike mocks BHM with all of their special makeups. It always bothered me that they use Black History Month to honor people who gained financially without doing much. Just another silly gimmick in my opinion. And the shoes are usually ugly to boot. :smh:

Huh? I mean the execution is poor but are you really questioning what Spike Lee and Michael Jordan have to do with Black History?

As a matter of fact I am. Present your argument sir. Spike being very afrocentric and overstates his point at times shows he knows his history but feels himself too much and makes it kind of corny when doing so. MJ is/was so apolitical as a player. He never took a stand on anything. I don't see what you're seeing.

Last edited:
Personally I think that volt colorway is just overkill when it's strewn all over the shoe like that

I repeat, what the F do Spike Lee and Jordan have to do with BHM? They haven't done anything of historic significance politically or historically.If anything this mocks BHM. Hell, Nike mocks BHM with all of their special makeups. It always bothered me that they use Black History Month to honor people who gained financially without doing much. Just another silly gimmick in my opinion. And the shoes are usually ugly to boot.
mean.gif

As a matter of fact I am. Present your argument sir. Spike being very afrocentric and overstates his point at times shows he knows his history but feels himself too much and makes it kind of corny when doing so. MJ is/was so apolitical as a player. He never took a stand on anything. I don't see what you're seeing.
Spike Lee is one of the faces of Black Cinema. He has his place in black history as a filmmaker and director.

Jordan's place in Black History is as an athlete.

Pretty simple.

Spike Lee is one of the faces of Black Cinema. He has his place in black history as a filmmaker and director.

Pretty simple.

So that's it? his place in history is an athlete? :lol:. Ok, let's give that POV some more perspective. He has been self serving as an athlete pretty much. Not saying anything is wrong with that. HOWEVER, when you look at the magnitude of his stardom, which is still impactful today, and compare it to those such as Bill Russell (the most winingest player in NBA history over Jordan), Muhammad Ali, and Jim Brown. those gentlemen used their athletic notoriety to stand up for the Black community outside of themselves and their respective sports. THAT'S history. Not promoting some horribly bright colored shoe that is disconnected from anything related to Black history besides slapping a "limited" label and a high price tag. Jordan never spoke out on any real issues whatsovever as a player, let alone any issues witin the Black community. Why? Because he doesn't want any errant comments F up his money flow. It's a shame because even though he has long since retired, he is STILL one of the most popular athletes of not THE most popular of all time, yet he doesn't use that influence to take a stand on anything other than his team or JB sales.
As for Spike, he is the best representation of Black film, but he hits you over the head constantly with repeated themes when he does that. I like some of his movies, but I wouldn't consider him so groundbreaking. I can't stand Tyler Perry with every fiber of my being, but I will credit him for buying his own studio and consciously employing Black "talent" (at least in his eyes). Can't say the same for Spike. Spike also didn't really bring anything new in terms of message, a lot of it was just what we already knew.

Last edited:
mean.gif

Pretty simple.
So that's it? his place in history is an athlete?
laugh.gif
. Ok, let's give that POV some more perspective. He has been self serving as an athlete pretty much. Not saying anything is wrong with that. HOWEVER, when you look at the magnitude of his stardom, which is still impactful today, and compare it to those such as Bill Russell (the most winingest player in NBA history over Jordan), Muhammad Ali, and Jim Brown. those gentlemen used their athletic notoriety to stand up for the Black community outside of themselves and their respective sports. THAT'S history. Not promoting some horribly bright colored shoe that is disconnected from anything related to Black history besides slapping a "limited" label and a high price tag. Jordan never spoke out on any real issues whatsovever as a player, let alone any issues witin the Black community. Why? Because he doesn't want any errant comments F up his money flow. It's a shame because even though he has long since retired, he is STILL one of the most popular athletes of not THE most popular of all time, yet he doesn't use that influence to take a stand on anything other than his team or JB sales.
As for Spike, he is the best representation of Black film, but he hits you over the head constantly with repeated themes when he does that. I like some of his movies, but I wouldn't consider him so groundbreaking. I can't stand Tyler Perry with every fiber of my being, but I will credit him for buying his own studio and consciously employing Black "talent" (at least in his eyes). Can't say the same for Spike. Spike also didn't really bring anything new in terms of message, a lot of it was just what we already knew.

So that's your response huh jhawk? I expected more out of you. I wasn't even coming at you, just presenting a side of an argument. You got upset.Fine.

Back
Top Bottom