Biden Crime Bill - What's Your Take

Right now the Republican supporting communication teams are throwing out their attack on Biden and his participation in the 1994 crime bill.
After listening to it again for the second time, I see it's a thought-provoking speech, for sure.

My interpretation is that, calling Biden a racist is a Ad Hominem.
This is an old latin phrase that they teach you in debate/argumentation class that means attack the person, not their argument.

His approach to crime in the '90s (which was all the turnt up) is to lock up the youth who commit violent crimes and even junkies with addictions.
He states that American society created issues of the unprivileged youth in the hood. But some are too far gone as uncivilized people without conscious.
So the best course of action is to lock them up.

I think most kids know the rules of the cat-and-mouse, street games they play; you get caught doing xyz, you go to jail. Even if youre desperate for a fix , or desperate for money, you know the consequences. Calling Biden a racist for trying to lower crime is a reach.
Maybe he should have propositioned some kind of "at - risk " youth program, but still.... would it work out the way you think it would?

I think people call it racism because when it comes to crime the numbers are so disproportionate racially. But I feel it class prejudice. The lock me up attitude applies to whites too if they are from a certain class of people.
Either way, the lock em up attitude is messed up. Especially in this case when he says “society created” certain circumstances. It’s like calling a play from his high horse. People with these kinds of outlooks on society shouldn’t be in positions of power.

China and India have less prison inmates than the USA COMBINED....

And they’ve got about 5 billion residents amongst the both of them, and we’ve got 370 million people. Excuses keep mounting in America.

We have the highest number of inmates globally, yet we only have about 6% of the global population. That’s a problem cats like Biden don’t want to address

Last edited:

Biden been hiding behind racist rhetoric his whole career. To make like the 94 crime bill was a response to a crime epidemic is false and alludes to this fictious notion that black crime is normal and black people need to be managed.

China and India have less prison inmates than the USA COMBINED....

And they’ve got about 5 billion residents amongst the both of them, and we’ve got 370 million people. Excuses keep mounting in America.

We have the highest number of inmates globally, yet we only have about 6% of the global population. That’s a problem cats like Biden don’t want to address

America is a prison colony pretending to be a democracy. Much like a lady of the night pretending to be a good woman.

Last edited:

Its a shame.

I always say one issue voters are stupid.

Also politicians on that dumb **** only quicken their irrelevance.
I would argue they don't mind dragging these problems out because it helps politicians maintain relevancy. On e the issue is fixed they aren't popular anymore.

I would argue they don't mind dragging these problems out because not helps politicians maintain relevancy.
I mean it keeps them on their soapbox and tv saying something to say it but thats just illusion of relevancy.

They're never saying anything new in rehashing the same point and issue. Anybody aware can see that once Biden loses or wins suddenly their problem with the crime bill and his involvement goes away and they move on to something else to beat to death for months.

Reactions: wr
It was dog whistle politics, racist, and wrong. Fear based campaigning is great when it's true.......not so much when it preys on white peoples fear of brown people

Only 12 years ago Obama thought marriage should only be between a man and a woman looking real bigoted in 2020..lets not pretend like ethical/political issues don't sway

I think people call it racism because when it comes to crime the numbers are so disproportionate racially. But I feel it class prejudice. The lock me up attitude applies to whites too if they are from a certain class of people.
Either way, the lock em up attitude is messed up. Especially in this case when he says “society created” certain circumstances. It’s like calling a play from his high horse. People with these kinds of outlooks on society shouldn’t be in positions of power.
You sound like gentrification gentrification talking about it isn't race.

You sound like gentrification gentrification talking about it isn't race.
I’m not saying it isn’t about race. Of course the legal system is racist. im just saying class prejudice exists too. Go into court a poor white man or a you g white kid that looks like he’s from the hood. You’re getting treated like all the other poor people. Sorry if I sounded like I was denying racism

We’re still debating stuff from the early 90’s, huh? Biden has acknowledged that he got it wrong. No that doesn’t take away the harm it did, but I can respect someone who can say they ****ed up. Not to mention the current policies he’s running on that would help undo some of the harm he had a hand in...

There’s a lot of nuance involved when discussing that bill. But let’s be honest—the folks that like to harp on it as some sort of “gotcha moment” for Biden don’t really want to hear that.

I dont live in 1994.
We using that logic for reparations too 🤔

None of y'all are stupid, it's just the logic you've been FORCED to use. New math *** presidents.

Biden changed his mind when his son started buying crack. The pictures are online btw. Crack sitting on a scale so you don't have to guess how much it was.

Edit: I have never and will never vote for Donald, but stop with the selective logic.

We using that logic for reparations too 🤔
Nah b, I can't agree with your limited scope and quite frankly stupid reasoning. That logic can't apply to reparations if you know what reparations is a response to.

What exactly is reparations about and for? Cuz I'm not stupid enough to limit it to just slavery.

The logic for reparations is about slavery, discrimination, racism, and the product of it which continues today as we see it in systemically racist institutions like prisons, schools, policing, etc.

The crime bill is just one thing and that's a product of the aforementioned anyway.

The main difference being I don't need to live in 1864 to give a reason for why reparations should be given to the black community every 10 years. I'm living in 2020 and have the same reasons.

Comparing the crime bill to why reparations are due was dumb as ****.

Joe Biden is the perfect candidate to undo the harmful policies he had a big hand in creating. Too bad he's missing out on what would be a certified w for him. He's still a white man from them times.

Back
Top Bottom