Big Bear

oh damn
they just changed it it's a board up there right now.. but on www.whiskeymilitia.com
189.99 reg price 499.99

it's like woot.com, but more like a woot off.
items change after the previous one is sold out, or if it isn't selling well.
and always changed at 11pm PST (supposed to be midnight but iunno %#* is up haha)

so it's always good to keep refreshing

mammoth looks so dope right now, they got 14 inches over night
mammorht_thehundreds.jpg

Thinking of heading up to Mammoth on Sunday morning (3am) and coming back that evening, but I don't want to get stuck up there. I have to work onMonday.
tired.gif

why you teasing, dEfCoNzErO?
hahah

good luck if you go iron man.
i would never be able to drive 12 hours in a day while boarding another 6+

btw, got a chamberlain today
devil.gif

^
haha, I wish I was up there but I don't have the funds makes me wish we pushed our mammoth trip one week back, dope board do12jet I've been looking tobuy a new board since they're all going on sale and I was looking hard at a LibTech Travis RIce or a Rome Artifact

libtechs are pretty dope boards
and as for the artifact, i'd only suggest getting it if you have another daily board
artifact is pretty much meant for mainly jibbing, and the bronze edges are a little softer,
so it wouldn't be too too good of an all mountain board (edges will be gone within a year, depending on how hard/often you ride and they'll wear outfaster if you ride on ice)

it's a sick rail/butter board though

Crazy...didnt know u shopped WM, too do12jet... I've pretty much bought all my gear from them this season... Scored on some Ronin Combo gloves offbackcountry outlet for like 18 shipped like a couple weeks ago...

Don't forget... snowboard day 2/27 on WM...

Originally Posted by dEfCoNzErO

mammoth looks so dope right now, they got 14 inches over night
mammorht_thehundreds.jpg
Hahahahaha LOOKS dope, but is NOT dope. I was up there from Thurs - Sun (2/21-2/24) and the snow was serious. I headed out of LA at the crack ofdawn cause I knew the storm was coming in and I didnt want to drive through it. It started snowing about 5 minutes after I hit the town and never let up. Theboarding was hit or miss. Because it was coming down so hard they couldnt get the groomers out on all the tracks so some of the runs were a hot mess. I tookthe chair from McCoy Station up (I believe its Chair 14?) and got stuck on the mountain for the better part of an hour and a half. Me and my boys decided tocut right and try to head back towards Canyon Lodge (bad idea). We are riding down for a second before realizing that the run was just unadulterated powder. Although fresh powder looks nice, its an effin biaaaaach to ride in. About 1/4th the way down the hill I cut hard and my board just sunk in. I couldnt evenpush myself up cause my hands and arms would sink into the soft snow shoulders deep. Anytime I got back to standing on my board it would immediately sink in. Ended up having to unstrap and trudging through waist deep powder just to get back down to McCoy Station. Two of the dudes I was with thought they were gonnadie on the mountain (babies) one dude actually broke down into tears, funny stuff.

Otherwise the runs were hit or miss. Because there was so much powder out there, about 80-90% of the runs had pseudo moguls from other riders pushing snowinto mounds as they cut down the mountain.

Driving out of there was a complete mess too. Since I didnt move my car all weekend, by Sunday morning it was buried. The snow came up to about mid-headlighton my car and I had to dig around the car just to be able to open the door (I have a 4runner so its not like its riding low either). It took 6 guys with 1shovel and 4 toboggins 2 hours to dig out 4 cars and get em chained up. Once we got the snow out and the chains moved it was all good though. All in all itwas good, but I prefer Mammoth when there isnt 30+ inches of snow being dumped on me.

Two of the dudes I was with thought they were gonna die on the mountain (babies) one dude actually broke down into tears, funny stuff.

laugh.gif

The storm is the reason I didn't make my "burrito run". Didn't want to get stuck up there and miss work on Monday. Even though with chainsyou don't get "stuck" it does make the commute a lot slower.

It was 75 on Tuesday, had me
smh.gif
, why couldn't Mammoth get dumped on in the middle of the week and have beautiful weather on the weekend.

I appreciate the Whiskey Militia info drop. I will get more gear, I have been checking the deals daily although I havent bought anything. They had a BurtonRonin jacket for $65 the other day,
eek.gif
. I passed though, it is gettingwarm enough, plus I spent a lot on kicks this past week (
smh.gif
@ me), so I usually just rock a hoody or just a tshirt and a thermal underneath.

i'm heading out to Bear either Friday or Monday, depending when I can pick up some tickets.

With this kind of weather, who knows what kind of snow there will be on Monday. lol

finally got some action shots..
not the best, but they're all i've got.

l_329838ee77780365048fb291a80e974b.jpg

l_9bef2d05a25c6f89499fc8ed40486dd6.jpg

l_05e998c7b79ee1d6c85db674bad2c062.jpg

still trying to break the board in. haha

^^^ Sick pics jet. Im hoping to head up to big bear next weekend. Depends if the homie can lend us the keys to his cabin. Lol (he has midterms or something atUSC). Maybe some action photos. lol.

Damn those are some dope pics! I actually tried a jump for the first time last Sunday there at Mt. High...it wasn't pretty... Homie was watching me and hesaid I rotated the board in the air, like I was trying to slow down in the air, which caused me to land on my tailbone. Really got shook... I'm definitelygonna invest in a helmet before I do that again, lol.

Boarded yesterday at Big Bear, it was beautiful.

It was pretty packed for a monday. I might go next weekend depending on the conditions.

Originally Posted by llcooljunr

Damn those are some dope pics! I actually tried a jump for the first time last Sunday there at Mt. High...it wasn't pretty... Homie was watching me and he said I rotated the board in the air, like I was trying to slow down in the air, which caused me to land on my tailbone. Really got shook... I'm definitely gonna invest in a helmet before I do that again, lol.
I effing hate the tail bone spills. For real, every time I think im about to eat a tail bone, I bend in towards my johnson. NH. anyways, thats a wayto keep from it hurting so bad. I remember the last time I hit a jump and I landed on my tailbone, I thought I pooped my dundies... Gladly it was only hotsweaty-ness.
roll.gif
That $*% killed me for the day though!

thanks guys.

but yeahhhh hahaha. it's like your cheeks get ripped in separate directions rofl

helmets are always good.
even if you don't take rails or hit jumps, you can always get lazy and edge by accident.

and if you right at summit or high during the night, there's always gonna be ice. so it's worth the $60+ no matter what

Back
Top Bottom