Big L is the GOAT

Big L's music is timeless.� My favorite to ever touch the mic.�
pimp.gif

^
Where does he rank in your lists, and why? Prove to me that Nas or Jay or whoever you think is the best is better than L...

Style (do you mean an image? or delivery?) and swag shouldn't be factors in judging the greatest ever. Big L might be the greatest freestylerapper ever, but because he's that type of rapper his rhymes are never really deep compared to Nas or Jay. Big L always seems to talk about hurting you, ortalks about girls, and a good example is Put it On. Great beat, but L doesn't paint a picture in my mind like a deeper rhymer would over that beat. Thatswhy I don't think Big L is the GOAT.

Originally Posted by kiuyt856

Style (do you mean an image? or delivery?) and swag shouldn't be factors in judging the greatest ever. Big L might be the greatest freestyle rapper ever, but because he's that type of rapper his rhymes are never really deep compared to Nas or Jay. Big L always seems to talk about hurting you, or talks about girls, and a good example is Put it On. Great beat, but L doesn't paint a picture in my mind like a deeper rhymer would over that beat. Thats why I don't think Big L is the GOAT.

Style as in delivery... I see exactly what you're saying, it makes a lot of sense. But listen to "Street Struck", there's obviouslysubstance in that song. I think that song alone shows that he had the ability to be "deep" in his lyrics. I guess he just chose to rap aboutkilling people and +@!%!* girls because that's what he thought was appealing or maybe it's just the kind of person he was. Either way, I love thisdude's music, period.

People loved Big L for what he could have done or become, rather than what he did or was. Fans will never admit this, but its the truth. And I dont see howanyone could put a rapper that COULD have been one of the greatest in their top 5 over rappers who actually WERE great. Makes no sense to me.

For the record, I have Lifestylz and the Big Picture...if that matters.

He doesn't have enough quality material to be anywhere near a GOAT conversation...dude is nice though

i woulodnt say he is the GOAT....

not enough material to be even considered

NO BUT HE IS IN MY TOP TEN.. WHY NOT ENOUGH MATERIAL AND I HONESTLY THINK THAT HALF OF THE PEOPLE THAT LIKE HIM WOULDN'T KNOW WHO HE WAS IF HE DIDN'TPASS AWAY

Back
Top Bottom