big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

As a big Drake fan dude sounded mad salty, mainly in the Angie interview. I took it as him saying Kendrick shouldn't of gave props to anybody, he should of just said **** everybody. He's saying dude did it for attention and tweets and now nobody cares about the verse, can't remember how it even starts. Dude feels like he got stabbed in the back (he shouldn't). He's not seeing it as just healthy competition (he should) I get why though, drake is always talking about Loyalty and stuff and is big on that and feels betrayed (he shouldn't) I agree dude is taking it wayyyyyy too serious. I'm not getting the whole he's trying to blackball him though, I mean he says I'm looking forward to his future projects,dude is very talented etc.

Basically I agree he's being too sensitive but I do see why.

Drake is such an emotional man and takes everything to heart, so why should we not view this situations in the same way?

I don’t know if it was worth it you know, because there’s a lot of people that were mentioned that I feel like can’t really go back and f**k with that guy after that.

He is saying he feels as though those artists shouldn't work with Kendrick.

How does he know what the other rappers are feeling? Or...is it just how he is feeling and expects others to follow suit since he is Drake?

Last edited:
At first I kind of understood what drake was saying about having Kendrick not having the same agression face to face...

Some people take things on wax as how you should carry yourself in real life. I give him that....

But as the other interviews(CRWN, Angie, Big Boy) surfaced and he began to show emotion (Tone of speech changing, swearing) every time this question was asked it became clear...

Drake honestly feels betrayed more than anything. (Feels) He let kendrick get his own track on Take Care, then played a part in Kendricks 1st radio single...only to be called out (Is how drake sees it).

We all know it (Control) was a call to his rap peers to step it up...but not to AUBREY.
mean.gif

I saw someone a few pages back say he was about to distance himself from rap... I agree.

He'll do some movies and then start singing and say rap is beneath him to avoid the challenge (Kendrick).

I'm calling it.

That whole I expect no one to work with him bit in the CRWN interview was out of line. He desrves whatever Kendrick gives him for that.
Drake is such an emotional man and takes everything to heart, so why should we not view this situations in the same way?
He is saying he feels as though those artists shouldn't work with Kendrick.

How does he know what the other rappers are feeling? Or...is it just how he is feeling and expects others to follow suit since he is Drake?
That is exactly what he HOPES will happen. I doubt it though.

Last edited:
At first I kind of understood what drake was saying about having Kendrick not having the same agression face to face...

Some people take things on wax as how you should carry yourself in real life. I give him that....

But as the other interviews(CRWN, Angie, Big Boy) surfaced and he began to show emotion (Tone of speech changing, swearing) every time this question was asked it became clear...

Drake honestly feels betrayed more than anything. (Feels) He let kendrick get his own track on Take Care, then played a part in Kendricks 1st radio single...only to be called out (Is how drake sees it).

We all know it (Control) was a call to his rap peers to step it up...but not to AUBREY. :smh:

I saw someone a few pages back say he was about to distance himself from rap... I agree.

He'll do some movies and then start singing and say rap is beneath him to avoid the challenge (Kendrick).

I'm calling it.

EDIT: That whole I expect no one to work with him bit in the CRWN interview was out of line. He desrves whatever Kendrick gives him for that.

He wasn't on The Recipe which was the lead single for the album... He wasn't on Swimming Pools which was the second single for the album...

Either a lot of people are in these rapper's ears or they're too dense to see what his real purpose was with that verse. either way its sad.

He wasn't on The Recipe which was the lead single for the album... He wasn't on Swimming Pools which was the second single for the album...

Either a lot of people are in these rapper's ears or they're too dense to see what his real purpose was with that verse. either way its sad.
My bad...where I live I didn't hear K.Dot on the radio till he dropped Poetic Justice.

So I watched the CRWN interview and although verbally Drake's response was a lot more tame than the Angie Martinez interview and he gave props to kendrick, etc...His body language and mannerisms were completely different. It seemed like he chose the words that he did because it sounded politically correct but the body language and his reactions to the crowd gave off some of that saltiness that was interpreted during the Angie interview.

Could've sworn Poetic Justice was like the very last single released from GKMC. I only listen to the radio like once a month and still knew dude was very much every where before that single dropped

Drake won't step down from rapping because of this lol. We will eventually have a full on K. And Drake sparring Match soon...... Wait on it

Sorry to grave dig but did anyone catch what drake had to say about the verse? Dude really caught feelings over it:lol:   Cant say I'm suprised at his response tho

Sorry dont know how to embed 

wow :rofl:

really wants kendrick to get black balled though, mentioning it every interview :x :smh:

That's really the craziest part of the entire interview. Calling for his peers not to work with him anymore, and really having the power to lean on mogs behind doors about it due to his status. That's beyond wild :smh:

So lame but it would never happen, Kendrick's movement is too large at this point. How spooked, jealous or whatever do you have to be to wish this on someone? All he had to say was he wasn't a big fan of "the moment" and move on, keep making the music his groupies love and nobody would care about this anymore.

His first reply was his best reply

"Kendrick isn't killing me in any arena, its a good goal to have and he's welcome to try but he's a long way away from that" or something similar to that.

Should've just left it there.

exactly

laugh.gif
I really think y'all taking drake comments the wrong way and out of context. But I guess that's what happens when a man gets asked the same question over and over.
Bruh you already said that before and nobody cared. But since you wanna repeat yourself please tell us how you view his comments as not being salty/sensitive

You okay my g? My bad. Didn't know I already said it. Too many threads, same topic. :lol:

Regardless of what I say you will think what u think and well just go back and forth so I'm good on explaining.

My bad...where I live I didn't hear K.Dot on the radio till he dropped Poetic Justice.

I live in Dallas, TX and kendrick did numerous shows throughout TX during Section 80. And like Cake said, I remember hearing pools on the radio prior to poetic justice, ****... ***** dont' kill my vibe even. Where you at in TX :lol:

Man I want kendrick to get blackballed, I only want him ******g with TDE ****** anyway...

Wouldn't say I want him to get blackballed. But I agree, he doesn't necessarily have to mess with anyone outside of TDE.

Drake won't step down from rapping because of this lol. We will eventually have a full on K. And Drake sparring Match soon...... Wait on it

Not from this but from more situations like this, Kendrick won't be the last talented artist calling out rappers in the next 3 years.

Last edited:
Drake is so lame, but it makes since drake want respond as if kendrick gonna stop making good music, like nobody on earth believes kendrick isnt IN
for the next 5 years, drake better relax.... DR.dre artist bomb on artist all the time, they built for war at interscope.

Yeah, y'all ran with the blackballing thing too far. :lol:

Everybody else gets what the verse was about.
But Drake was all in his emotions on Angie...
The way he was talking makes it appear that he wants this dude "black balled"....
I just don't see how the "Control" verse was harsh...
"I ain't got no ************ friends, that's why I ****** your ***** you fat ************"

"But here's a jimmy joke about your mama that you might not like
I heard she was the 'Frisco ****"

Now those are harsh words...

Last edited:
Yeah, y'all ran with the blackballing thing too far. :lol:

Everybody else gets what the verse was about.
But Drake was all in his emotions on Angie...
The way he was talking makes it appear that he wants this dude "black balled"....
I just don't see how the "Control" verse was harsh...
"I ain't got no ************ friends, that's why I ****** your ***** you fat ************"

"But here's a jimmy joke about your mama that you might not like
I heard she was the 'Frisco ****"

Now those are harsh words...

Yeah I hear you. Even if he was tryna get K blackballed it would never happen cuz he's the only dude that's crying about the verse.

I agree with your last point too. I was tryna tell dudes that in the Drake thread but those dudes don't know the difference between a real beef and a normal rap battle.

Last edited:
K. Dot has Jimmy Iovine in his corner, ain't no way he's getting blackballed in this industry :lol: unless he does something to cross Interscope. Drake doesn't have power like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom