BIGGEST game changer in the N.F.L?

061211_hester_vmed_9p.widec.jpg

to me it is DEVIN "HESTERIA" HESTER! this man can single handedly take over a game. He can single handedly steal a teams momentum! Im just glad thebears have him. All he does is return kickoffs and punts and he is one of the top five FEARED men at any position. I know a special teams player will probablynever win an MVP award but if they ever did it would be him.
pimp.gif

A man that touches the ball maybe 4-5 times a game is not the biggest gamechanger in the NFL...

Why haven't they put him out at WR more often, yet?

CurtisCarter23 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this man can single handedly take over a game.
No...

go ask last years Cardinals, Rams, and this years broncos, just to name a few. im sure they beg to differ.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

A man that touches the ball maybe 4-5 times a game is not the biggest gamechanger in the NFL...

exactly my point! hes limited in how many times he gets the ball and he still can do some major damage.
and for your 2nd ? i just dont think they want to get him hurt since he IS our special teams!

Hes doing things in less than 2 years that took good special team players over 200 games to accomplish! and hes not only doing them hes shattering every recordright now.

i dunno about "taking over a game"... to take over a game you need to be demanding the ball alot and making a play every time you touch it.

but if you said he was the biggest gamechanger i wouldnt argue...

Hester is ma boi. He is the %++%. Nuff said. I cant even talk bout him anymore, cause what is there to say? He is just the man. GOAT for sure

Chicago's #23 is special
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: ^^^ and he is DEFINITLEY a gamehcanger. No doubt he is the best momentum chnger. Nothing kills a team more than to go on a tough drive vs the Bears D andscore and than have him run back the folloing kickoff in 10 secs. Or if it is a defensive game and #%$+ and teams cant move the ball and he gets his team onthe board with a punt return. Both these give HUGE momentum to Da Bears. But no doubt he is a game changer. He has won MANY games with himas our scoring, andeven when he is in WR he beat the Vikings on a 80 yd rec TD. Where he just glided down the field on a fly ina play where a safety has NO BUISNESS in letting upa deep ball.

No doubt in my mind that he can/will be a great WR. Yalls just forget cause hes the most dominating KR ever that this is still a 2nd yr player. Mad peoplestake MUCH longer than that to develop as top WRs. If the Bears keep working on him, he has the skills, and there is no doubt he can be a dominat WR. SteveSmith started out as just a KR. No doubt in my mind that Hest can be like that. He jsut needs time. He is basically a rookie WR, cause he was a CB last year.And he has already made contributions. Give him time. Just cause he exploded right away as a KR doesnt mean that he has to explode right away as a WR. It takestime, but he has the tools, just give him time.

HESTER has 77 TOUCHES this season and has 1,434 yds and 6 tds, not too shabby for a guy who mostly plays special teams. When teams have to GAME PLAN for aspecial teams player your obviously out of this +%!*+%@ world.

Hester can't be considered the biggest game changer - because you can just punt the ball out of bounds and squib it.. he's benefitting from thestupidity of coaching staffs that still want to try him. Once they stop kicking to him, his only effect is shortening those kicks a little.. which hurts, butdoesn't completely change the game.

If you guys wanted to make a Devin Hester appreciation post, you should've just done it instead of trying to get people to argue with you over his"game changing abilities"... yes he can steal momentum, but anybody still kicking to him is a moron.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Sadly I think he flat out just can't learn the plays. If you watch him when he comes in on offense either Rex or Moose tell him where to line upand what he needs to do. I heard that was one of his biggest problems in miami that he couldnt learn the plays

Some of you guys responses are mind boggling.

No offense Craftsy but this logic is horrible
Hester can't be considered the biggest game changer - because you can just punt the ball out of bounds and squib it..
Thats like saying Barry Bonds wasnt a game changer because you can just walk him come on now. Having someone give you free field position or beingwilling to kick the ball out of bounds is the same as puttin Bonds on base for free that is called changing the game.

Anyway..Here are the facts. Devin Hester scores a TD just about every 10 times he touches the ball. Who can compete with that? A WR of course. Well then youfactor in that every one of his touchdowns is AT LEAST 50 yards or more and the WR 's seem like mere mortals.

If he ISNT the most game changing player in the NFL then he is definetly in the discussion.

The only knock you can give Hester is his return average but this is a direct result of teams gameplanning to minimize his effect on the game. Seems like a lotof work for someone who doesnt change the game
eyes.gif

Thats like saying Barry Bonds wasnt a game changer because you can just walk him come on now. Having someone give you free field position or being willing to kick the ball out of bounds is the same as puttin Bonds on base for free that is called changing the game.

I think that's a poor analogy, considering the sports are very different.... success in baseball is 30 percent, that alone makes for a complete differentset of rules that keep it from being comparable in this situation.

And I didn't shy away from the fact that kicking OOB or squibbing IS changing the game.. but you're telling me by forcing teams to do that, you are theBIGGEST game changer in the league? Nah.. don't think so.

A guy like Moss or Owens literally affects half the game, as the entire defense can be centered around stopping them on every single play they're on thefield. Then you have QB's like Brady and Peyton who are going to go down as two of the greatest of all time - they have a MUCH greater impact on the gamethan somebody who forces you to shorten the field a bit every posession.

Is Hester affecting the game still? Of course... and field position does matter.. but not more than some of these other guys i've listed, and the questionwas about the number one guy at changing games. I didn't mean to sound like I wasn't letting Hester in the discussion, but it's pretty open andshut considering how easily he's taken out of the game (even if that means you've gotta forfeit 20 yards everytime you punt.. it's the equivalentof having a bad punter that game... probably something that only costs you 1, maybe 2 games a year)

I didn't mean to sound like I wasn't letting Hester in the discussion
As long as you say this then I agree with you.

I just got the notion from your post that it was blashpemous to even mention him and to that I would say is ludacris.

But out side of a handful of WR's his touches to TD ratio is unmatched. He is at least top 5 for me
Moss, Owens, Braylon, TJ whoisyourmomma, and then Hester as far as TD to touch ratio goes.

And of course Mike Vrabel
roll.gif

Edit...out of curiousity I looked of Brady because he is having such a ridiculous season and he is on approximately the same pace as Hester that is IMPACT.

Tom Brady is my answer, Hester didnt change or affect anything the second half of the superbowl last year, and what good is the field position he gives you ifrex grossman is quarterbackin that short field... Until hester does something when it counts and not against the CARDINALS, or RAMS in the regular season Icould care less...

Originally Posted by daiernchef

Tom Brady is my answer, Hester didnt change or affect anything the second half of the superbowl last year, and what good is the field position he gives you if rex grossman is quarterbackin that short field... Until hester does something when it counts and not against the CARDINALS, or RAMS in the regular season I could care less...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

THIS DUDE AND TOM BRADY!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Tom Brady is my answer, Hester didnt change or affect anything the second half of the superbowl last year, and what good is the field position he gives you if rex grossman is quarterbackin that short field... Until hester does something when it counts and not against the CARDINALS, or RAMS in the regular season I could care less...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

THIS DUDE AND TOM BRADY!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
This dude AND DAIERNCHEF!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif

quit following me loser...

roll.gif
roll.gif

Sorry, I heard some strange sucking noise coming from this thread and had to see what it was... I'll let you get back to what you were doing.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

roll.gif
roll.gif

Sorry, I heard some strange sucking noise coming from this thread and had to see what it was... I'll let you get back to what you were doing.
smile.gif
sooo, strange sucking noises attract you, Huh??? Noone asked to hear about your personnel life, or what sort of sucking noises you follow. Nothing tosay about the topic as usual, huh stalker>?

i agree with crafsty

Hester is THAT dude, but its something as simple as kicking the ball outta bounce or not kicking to him and he will be useless. it wont be long until teamsrealize they cant kick to him and when that comes he wont be a factor in the game

The biggest game changer in football IMO opinon would have to be a Q. simply because down the line the game depends on them making the right decisions andplays. So someone like Manning or brady would be it easily

I gotta go with Pacman Jones. His return abilities and his cover skills are amazing. I can think of at least 4 games we wouldn't have won without him lastyear. He hasn't been able to show the best of his abilities yet, im just hoping he gets back on the field in 08.

Id take Peyton, Brady, Adrian Peterson, Randy and TO over Hester just because its so easy to make him a non-factor in any game by not kicking to him. Theproblem is all these NFL coaches (i.e. Mike Shanahan) have such big egos that they want to prove something to the rest of the NFL by stopping him instead ofjust being smart and avoiding him.

Hester doesnt get that much time a WR cause he's not the brightest player....i'm a UM fan and everything....it takes time for him to learn plays

Back
Top Bottom