Bill O Reily?!?!

I don't wanna make this another NT vs Fox news thread though. I am hearing this from my radio station, and several people I know. This is a serious dilemmawhen people are misinformed that a human being with such a gigantic impact is getting too much press coverage, lets talk about what gets too LITTLE presscoverage, if Fox and CNN replaced this with murders, and kidnappings in the projects in the hood, I wouldn't mind, or if instead of Jackson they would showhow murderous this last week in Chicago was, but no. The media has never been about what is important, but when something big finally happens it gets too muchcoverage?

Michael Jackson should be celebrated. Him selling 750 million + records worldwide shows that people are interested in his life's story and appreciate him.Michael is a giant in music, broken race barriers, and charitable givings. If you can't embrace those thing as a human being or realize the significance ofthem, then you are the reason they needed to be toppled in the first place. Also, go read a book, or turn the damn channel if you don't wanna see it.

Originally Posted by Sugahill19

camron-foxnews.jpg
This was a low point
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I was gonna make this thread after watching the intro to this show...my thing is Fox News decided to take this stance that they will do the LEAST coverage ofMichael Jackson but these guys have done pretty much NO coverage of MJ throughout the past week

I'm sorry but this is not a random celebration of the guy's career...THE MAN DIED! If this was Garth Brooks, or the biggest country star on the planet,orrrrr if Michael Jackson happened to be a COUNTRY star...or....here we go....a WHITE star...would Fox News have TOTALLY blown off covering it by using thesame "idolizing" reasons? I'm not so sure about that...I mean, what is the point of bringing up his child issues when the guy is now dead, acultural icon, and should be celebrated accordingly?

I am getting to the boiling point with Fox News actually being allowed to be aired. O'Reilly starts the show by saying while he was gone MJ died, but Ican't dignify this with the top story lets go to the real top story...SARAH PALIN. I mean, are you kidding me? Then the show starts with an interview witha conservative talk show host defending Palin like she's been wronged by everyone on the planet THE %+$#+ QUIT CMON NOW

I understand that CNN is very liberal minded but Fox News I feel just takes it to another level with their bias. I don't think it would've been toocrazy for Fox News to switch up from their usual style and actually do hardcore coverage of Jackson for a couple of days, but they just couldn't do it.They should be ashamed and embarassed.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

How ironic though.... the same "News" channel that reported on such meaningful and momentous stories as... lapel pins, Bill Ayers, ACORN, Michele Obama's Terrorist Fist Jab, Teleprompters are now lecturing everyone on what is deemed meaningful coverage
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Don't forget labeling Republicans as Democrats when they get in trouble.

Bill is right on this one. The media was glorifying Michael Jackson.

I understand that he was a global icon and I like his music, but it was a bit much. You had very important bills that went through congress REAL NEWS that nobody covered, even Fox News.

We live in a cultural that idolizes celebrities and it is disgusting. There are people that cared more about MJ dieing than probably people in their own family. Those people who paraded themselves on that stage yesterday "claimed" to love MJ, but didn't do a damn thing to help him.

Bill is the same guy who has a body language segment on his show. Let me repeat that for you a freakin body language segment!! He also does segments like"what happened to the babes of baywatch"? This guy can never call out anyone's news coverage on any topic because he covers topics that are justas ridiculous. The coverage of MJ was over done but Faux News was right there with everyone else giving it 24 hour attention but when Faux does it they get apass?

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Bill is right on this one. The media was glorifying Michael Jackson.

I understand that he was a global icon and I like his music, but it was a bit much. You had very important bills that went through congress REAL NEWS that nobody covered, even Fox News.

We live in a cultural that idolizes celebrities and it is disgusting. There are people that cared more about MJ dieing than probably people in their own family. Those people who paraded themselves on that stage yesterday "claimed" to love MJ, but didn't do a damn thing to help him.

Even though I didn't watch the clip ... I feel where you coming from but sometimes you gotta be a disciple of history ..... Celebrities get treated nodifferent than how royalty use to get treated and that's how it will continue to be with all the by products .... arguing over it just seems moot andpointless

When that overrated bum Reagan passed and Fox News did 24/hr coverage on him for a good 4 days it was all good.

Being The President of the United States > Being a pedophile who sold hundreds of millions of recrods.

I dont take Bill O Reily seriously, he always have negative things to say.
I stop watching Fox since they constantly connected Jeremiah Write to Obama being anti-american and an undercover muslim.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

When that overrated bum Reagan passed and Fox News did 24/hr coverage on him for a good 4 days it was all good.

Being The President of the United States > Being a pedohile who sold hundreds of millions of recrods.

u cnt say hes a pedohile if he got acquitted innocent until proven guilty

Originally Posted by MNewYork

Being The President of the United States > Being a pedohile who sold hundreds of millions of recrods.

u cnt say hes a pedohile if he got acquitted innocent until proven guilty

Much like its his opinion that Reagan was an overrated bum, it is my opinion that Michael Jackson touched little boys. So yes, I can say he's a pedophile.

I think his point that the media is overly glorifying Michael Jackson is correct; however, he, Bill O'Reilly is not the right person to make this point,nor is Fox News the venue for this.

Being The President of the United States > Being a pedophile who sold hundreds of millions of recrods.
Selling 100 Million records >>>>>>> Selling weapons to Iran and funding contras

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

How ironic though.... the same "News" channel that reported on such meaningful and momentous stories as... lapel pins, Bill Ayers, ACORN, Michele Obama's Terrorist Fist Jab, Teleprompters are now lecturing everyone on what is deemed meaningful coverage
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
That's Fox News for you. Fox News is definitely becoming trashtelevision. Just look at how they are whoring hot looking (white) females as reporters.

[table][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Misc Fox Women Reporters[/td] [td]Dara Alexander[/td] [td]Julie Banderas[/td] [td]Jamie Colby[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Juliet Huddy[/td] [td]Kiran Chetry[/td] [td]Laurie Dhue[/td] [td]Megyn Kendall[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Page Hopkins[/td] [td]Rebecca Gomez[/td] [td]Gretchen Carlson[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Janice Dean[/td] [td]Amy Kellogg[/td] [td]Alisyn Camerota[/td] [td]Lisa Bernhard[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jane Skinner[/td] [td]Dagen McDowell[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

The same Reagan that was completely out of the media spotlight for a large amount of time? Dying at 94 because of complications and dying at 51 a few weeksbefore a huge comeback tour are different to me.

Back
Top Bottom