Bill Polian: "18 game NFL season is a done deal"

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Bill Polian says the 18-game NFL season is a done deal.

During Monday night's weekly radio show, the Indianapolis Colts team president called it a "fait accompli" and said the debate is over. Polian is a member of the league's competition committee and has worked in the league office.

He's concerned that getting rid of two preseason games to expand the regular season from 16 to 18 games will cost coaches and team officials opportunities to evaluate rookies. The solution, Polian says, might be hooking up with nearby teams for combined practices or controlled scrimmages.

League owners and the commissioner have expressed support for an expanded regular-season schedule, but have not said a decision has been made.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Bill Polian says the 18-game NFL season is a done deal.

During Monday night's weekly radio show, the Indianapolis Colts team president called it a "fait accompli" and said the debate is over. Polian is a member of the league's competition committee and has worked in the league office.

He's concerned that getting rid of two preseason games to expand the regular season from 16 to 18 games will cost coaches and team officials opportunities to evaluate rookies. The solution, Polian says, might be hooking up with nearby teams for combined practices or controlled scrimmages.

League owners and the commissioner have expressed support for an expanded regular-season schedule, but have not said a decision has been made.

Weird thing is, people I talk to, I haven't really met anyone that wants a longer season. Waters it down, way to many injuries already, and just seems way to long. The one thing people complain about is the fact that preseason games are as expensive as normal games, not the fact that there are 4 preseason games. But of course owners would never think to cut the price of those

Weird thing is, people I talk to, I haven't really met anyone that wants a longer season. Waters it down, way to many injuries already, and just seems way to long. The one thing people complain about is the fact that preseason games are as expensive as normal games, not the fact that there are 4 preseason games. But of course owners would never think to cut the price of those

thats horrible...i love football and the NFL as much as the next dude, but cmon...leave it the way it is

pimp.gif

thats horrible...i love football and the NFL as much as the next dude, but cmon...leave it the way it is

Having preseason games as "scrimmages" and in smaller venues IMO would be better. You could have TV coverage for it, but you don't need a full stadium.

It should stay at 16, of course the NFL wants to make more money though...

Having preseason games as "scrimmages" and in smaller venues IMO would be better. You could have TV coverage for it, but you don't need a full stadium.

It should stay at 16, of course the NFL wants to make more money though...

2 preseason games, 16 regular season games.

League is about money though, this was inevitable. It's unfortunate though.

2 preseason games, 16 regular season games.

League is about money though, this was inevitable. It's unfortunate though.

Going to mess up records that may possibly be broken. Don't know if il look at a 2,000 yard back the same if they reach that mark on the 17th or 18th game. Dont like the change
30t6p3b.gif

Going to mess up records that may possibly be broken. Don't know if il look at a 2,000 yard back the same if they reach that mark on the 17th or 18th game. Dont like the change
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom