Bill Walton contemplated suicide :-(

billy hoyle

Banned
By his count, Bill Walton has undergone 36 orthopedic surgeries at various points on his 6-foot-11 frame. But if you know Walton, then you’re aware that he’s never needed an operation on his enthusiasm for life — until 14 months ago, when his pain had reached the point where he seriously wondered if he could go on.

Walton, one of the all-time-great basketball players , a man whose intelligence and enthusiasm enabled him to roll over every pothole in his past and find success in most every endeavor he’s undertaken, admits the incredible pain brought about by a bad back took him to the brink, where he contemplated taking his own life.

“I’m getting back into the game of life,

Sad, Glad to hear he is doing better. Crazy that i never hear anything about this, especially with Luke being on the Lakers and that being his father.

Originally Posted by hymen man

Damn, that's serious. Glad he's doin' well. His son's still a bum though. :tongue:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

man...being a Celtics fan...glad to hear he lived through this....not to mention how much love he has for SD...that's my hometown and birthplace, love that he has so much love for us
pimp.gif
Will never forget seeing him at his Chris' games at SDSU...glad to hear he fought through everything.

damn ... back problems are no joke ... I was in a car accident in Mar of last year, hurt my lower back ... therapy did nothing ... add on top of that i just got a Bone Mass Density test and the levels were extremely low ( elevated risk of a fracture) ... some days i'm perfectly fine ... other days i'm sore as hell and it hurts to sit down ... basically i got a week back and i'm doing everything i can to strengthen it b/c i don't want it to get worse ...

eating on my stomach is something i can never imagine ... i wish Bill the best and i wish back pains on no one ... glad to see his quality of life improve ...

indifferent.gif
@ the dude who low-bridged him ... wow @ playing w/ that kind of injury.

Dudes are ruthless
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But still, the details to his back problems are crazy...having to eat face down on the floor?
frown.gif

I could have sworn that I've read this before a few months back
nerd.gif

wow!! i can feel his pain i had back pains since my college days and went to every doctor also but now i'm trying to keep myself fit and hopefully not feel the pain more often

I read the When the Game Was Ours book about Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. I remember the author wrote that Bird chilled out at Walton's house after the Celtics lost to the Lakers. Few weeks later, Bird stopped visiting his friend, Walton because Walton was depressed all the time. That's really sad. It's good to see Walton getting better now.

Back
Top Bottom