Bill Walton Quotes Appreciation Post

I just ran past this list on my computer. Got a few good laughs.

The 1 that goes w/o saying: "Throw it down big man!!!!, Throw it down!!!"

1."The only man who can stop cliff robinson is Cliff robinson. The man is unstoppable even at 38."

2."Kenyon Martin is the 2nd best player in the Eastern conference."

3."what was he thinking? was he thinking anything at all"?

4."Greg Ostertag is one of the top centers on this planet"

5."He was wondering how many steps he could take before they would call traveling"

6."Where would you like it NEXT time, Samaki?"

7."Ben Wallace is the Pistons superstar...and he can't get a foul...what a travesty?"

8."They called that a foul... Thats not a foul. This is the playoffs, Let em play..."

9."This is Jason Kidd's world... were just lucky to be living in it."

10."Stephen Jackson can jump out of the building, why didnt he just throw him a lob pass...That has to be the worst pass in the history of Spursbasketball"

11."Robert Horry is one of the top defensive players in his genre"

12."Edddie Griffin has put up the 2 worst shots in the history of the Rockets franchise here tonight"

13."Shaq makes everyone else in the league look like Michelle Tafoya"

14."Rasheed Wallace is putting his fingers over his lips to silence the crowd. Like HE has actually brought his game today to tell them to be quiet!"

15."And THAT'S what they got out of a time-out?!"

16."Send it back, Okur!!! Send it back!!!"

17."Danny Ferry is just a tremendous player..."

18.""What a pathetic play from a pathetic human being"

19.(Kenyon Martin just got a tech for slappin the backboard, yellin, and pullin on his jersey)
Tom Tolbert: "I like it when players show emotion.."
Bill Walton: "Well what would you do if he ripped his jersey off?!"

20."Atlanta needs all 13 lottery picks"

21."A beautiful pass by Tony Parker off the front of the rim."

22."If Anthony Johnson ever gets a jumper, who's gonna stop him?!"

23."The Toronto Raptors are playing ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS defense!!!"

24."Tim Duncan is looking at the referee saying....'What is a foul?!'"

25."What they need is Marv Albert, Bill Walton, and the Czar reffing the finals!!!"

26. Bill Walton: "That has to be a foul!"
Steve "Snapper" Jones: "Against who?!"
Bill Walton: " Against the game of basketball!!!"

27."Dale Davis, pick ONE pivot foot........PLEASE!"

28. Brad Nessler: "And Samaki Walker enters the game."
Bill Walton: "So this is what its come to???!"

29."Raef Lafrentz and Shawn Bradley should start considering a new career"

30."They are going to have one of those nights where they score alot of points (NJ after they had a 4-2 lead on SA 3 mintues into the game)"

31."He's everywhere! Rebounds, Assists... Shawn Bradley is looking like Hakeem Olajuwan"

"Ben Wallace is my MVP, but whats with the cornrows? Pick it out big man, pick it out"On Larry Johnson's lackluster performance in the NBAFinals: "What a pathetic performance by this sad human being. This is a disgrace to the game of basketball and to the NBA. He played like a disgracetonight. And he deserved it."

"Why would the Pacers ever double-team Larry Johnson? He wants to be double-teamed so he can pass. Why is Indiana double-teaming a man who only scores 8points a game?"

"Memo to Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker: Couldn't you wait until at least the All-Star break to have the franchise suffer its worst loss in itsstoried history? Bill Russell just called looking for an address to send his 11 championship rings back to the Celtics because he is so disappointed."

Bill and Marv during the Rockets-Magic final where Nick Anderson became Brick Anderson at the line and Shaq was slightly more successful than usual.
Marv: Anderson misses yet another free throw.
Bill: Perhaps he should take free throw shooting lessons from SHA-quille O'Neal.
Marv: Ouch! What a low blow!

"Tonight the Spurs look to extend their lead to 3-0 over the Lakers. This time, however, they will have to do it on the Lakers' home court. Duncan andShaq have been magnificent for both teams, but so far the edge has gone to San Antonio. However, the real story line that awaits us tonight in Los Angeles iswhether or not Kobe Bryant will actually throw a pass!"

"Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards."

P MAC ONE:
"Memo to Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker: Couldn't you wait until at least the All-Star break to have the franchise suffer its worst loss in its storied history? Bill Russell just called looking for an address to send his 11 championship rings back to the Celtics because he is so disappointed."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Personally I'd give him the stoneface like Melo did here

1ee253edc6d09b4e09a86958178a9d726add8a9.jpg

About Vince Carter "He's one of my favorites in the league, and I think only the cynics, and the depressed don't like Vince Carter."

I love Bill. Haha.

i learned more about the world this summer than i did in my history classes because of bill walton.

i wish i had the exact quote of what he said about kobe on team USA this summer..

something like..

"from what i know of the game of basketball, when there's 3 guys guarding 1 guy, there should be someone else open. i could be wrong though."

10."Stephen Jackson can jump out of the building, why didnt he just throw him a lob pass...That has to be the worst pass in the history of Spurs basketball"

laugh.gif

12."Edddie Griffin has put up the 2 worst shots in the history of the Rockets franchise here tonight"
eek.gif
Rafer Alston begs to differ
laugh.gif

28. Brad Nessler: "And Samaki Walker enters the game."
Bill Walton: "So this is what its come to???!"
roll.gif

29."Raef Lafrentz and Shawn Bradley should start considering a new career"
Preach
laugh.gif

Glad to see the man finally getting some love. People, especially NT, used to hate Bill Walton waaay back in the day.
laugh.gif

My favorite quote came when Olowokandi was still playing with the Clips and Bill was doing their telecasts. After Olowokandi had 8 points in the firstquarter, Bill Walton said something along the lines of "I never thought I'd see the day, but Michael Olowokandi has become a basketball player."

bill walton is pure comedy. i was watching a bulls-heat game last year and someone came out of the game with a cramp or something like that. bill goes:"the lack of V8 juice being drunk in this league is appalling"
marv says something to the effect of: "are you saying that you know that V8 is the secret to prevent cramps and no one else in the league knowsthat?"
bill: "that's not what i said at all."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 255forLife

"from what i know of the game of basketball, when there's 3 guys guarding 1 guy, there should be someone else open. i could be wrong though."

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Walton is the best.
pimp.gif

On Larry Johnson's lackluster performance in the NBA Finals: "What a pathetic performance by this sad human being. This is a disgrace to the game of basketball and to the NBA. He played like a disgrace tonight. And he deserved it."
bill walton is pure comedy. i was watching a bulls-heat game last year and someone came out of the game with a cramp or something like that. bill goes: "the lack of V8 juice being drunk in this league is appalling"
marv says something to the effect of: "are you saying that you know that V8 is the secret to prevent cramps and no one else in the league knows that?"
bill: "that's not what i said at all."
roll.gif

his trivia this summer about the countries team usa played were pretty good too!

Back
Top Bottom