Black Friday & Holiday Deals 2017 Thread - November 24th

I went from an old Vizio to a TCL 4k tv. Huge difference in quality. I'm not the type of dude that really cares about specs, just want a good picture for a good price. It's not like I'm gonna grab a magnifying class to loook at pixels. Lol.

A magnifying glass isn't going to help you see HDR better as it allows for a much wider color gamut (more accurate and a much larger assortment of colors, kinda like going to an 8 pack crayon box and a 44 pack big box and trying to draw the same picture with it) and higher peak levels of brightness for better contrast.

With that being said... if you're happy with your TV then be happy with it, you're not going to know better until you see if, but do make sure to feed it the right content to get the most out of it. I still go to people's houses and see them with an Xbox 360 connected to HDTVs with composite cables. I bring them an HDMI cable and they think they have a new TV. These are the same people saying that DVDs look as good as Blu-Rays... well yeeah they are if you're using the same cables intended for low end DVD players.

The 179 is what I meant to say, how do you like it?

It's pretty dope, good quality picture, sound is good, the Roku is easy to set up and use, but I think I may end up taking it back because I do want the HDR after all, ordered hella 4K blu rays and going to be getting back to gaming more so I want to get the maximum effect. After everything it'll be like a $100 more than what I got the Sharp for so it doesn't seem like to bad of a tradeoff plus the TV is 55" vs 50".

Ya'll takin back TVs people were camping outside for in the cold for hours. Better put that **** on craiglist and make a few extra bucks.

ended up grabbing a ps4 pro off dell for $404 after tax, but was able to take advantage of 21% cashback
comes out to about $313 after credit card and TCB cashback

When I worked at target electronics 10+ years ago, we had BOGO for video games. Some guys copped about $1500 worth of games, straight cash At the end of Black Friday Right before the store closed.

The following week later all the video games got returned. Turned out they were laundering money.

They waited til the cash register in the electronics department was collected and swapped out for a new one so the money wouldn’t be checked until the next day.

I actually found out when I was working at a shoe store about a year later. I just put two and two together.

I have a pretty good photographic memory.

So when I was working at a shoe store, I recognized the same two guys. And the shoe store had 20% off your entire purchase during their grand opening week. they went and bought a boat load of shoes. Well one of the cashiers noticed that the $20s were fake. But the hundreds were real. (They obviously paid in more $20s than $100s) He told the guy “hey you got some fake twenties, someone gave you fake money”. The two dudes just said “oh damn I just got this from the bank, let me go back there and get it fixed” the dudes never came back.

Anyways, he told management what happened how the guys are going to get their money straightened out.

Management knew what was going on, next thing you know he was on the phone with the secret service.

To answer your question, I didn’t snitch.

I actually found out when I was working at a shoe store about a year later. I just put two and two together.

I have a pretty good photographic memory.

So when I was working at a shoe store, I recognized the same two guys. And the shoe store had 20% off your entire purchase during their grand opening week. they went and bought a boat load of shoes. Well one of the cashiers noticed that the $20s were fake. But the hundreds were real. (They obviously paid in more $20s than $100s) He told the guy “hey you got some fake twenties, someone gave you fake money”. The two dudes just said “oh damn I just got this from the bank, let me go back there and get it fixed” the dudes never came back.

Anyways, he told management what happened how the guys are going to get their money straightened out.

Management knew what was going on, next thing you know he was on the phone with the secret service.

To answer your question, I didn’t snitch.

That's a wild story. Usally dudes try rinse out fake money for real money at strip clubs. But these strippers are way smarter than. Your average chase banker. They won't fall for the fakes.

Missed out on that External Hard Drive deal. If anyone sees something similar feel free to send it my way.

Back
Top Bottom