Black guy hair cuts

i mean, ive just been trying to recoup my hairline

last cut i got, the barber pushed me back some

and instead of keep gettin my **** pushed back, i just stay away from lineups or cuts for about two weeks, three if i feel like its too light 

so i just been rockin da naps, tryin to moisturize em, but thats not really workin like i wanted

:lol: @ recoup the hairline...I be lettin my stuff grow for 2 1/2-3 weeks at a time and just do slight touch ups myself when I go out.

This a cut I been rockin for like over 2 years now so if you see a niqqa with this ish he got it from me

This the from the side: he brought the fade up a lil too high, I wanted the taper to only go as high as my ear and be a diagonal line from the front to the back

Its twists with a fade on the sides if you not black and can't tell lol

This from the front wit a lower taper fade and a curve part instead of straight

And I got 2 parts in the back on the left side, right on the top of the low bald taper but I don't have a pic of it, never even thought to actually

My cut is like a week or a lil less old in both pics, I'll take one when its freshly cut next time

It's rough out here for a brotha in Vegas.

-My first barber didn't take appointments. I work 50-60 hrs a week, I'm not waiting hrs in a shop.

-2nd barber was official. But he charged 30 for a cut. Decided to raise his prices to 40 a cut. On top of that he would never respond to texts. I'd hit him up a week before then he wouldn't respond until an hour before an opening.

-3rd guy was legit. Charged me 25 for a cut. I gave him a 7 dollar tip I thought a 28% tip is good. NOPE.! I text him 2 weeks later for a cut and he tells me not to come back bc I don't tip enough.

-try some new guy and just butchered. Flat out disgusted

-if anyone knows of a legit guy in Vegas let me know. If not I'm about to pull a Kobe, I feel like that cut can't be messed up.

-My first barber didn't take appointments. I work 50-60 hrs a week, I'm not waiting hrs in a shop.

-2nd barber was official. But he charged 30 for a cut. Decided to raise his prices to 40 a cut. On top of that he would never respond to texts. I'd hit him up a week before then he wouldn't respond until an hour before an opening.

-3rd guy was legit. Charged me 25 for a cut. I gave him a 7 dollar tip I thought a 28% tip is good. NOPE.! I text him 2 weeks later for a cut and he tells me not to come back bc I don't tip enough.

-if anyone knows of a legit guy in Vegas let me know. If not I'm about to pull a Kobe, I feel like that cut can't be messed up.

:smh: :x you sure he knew it was you fam? A $7 dollar tip is more than enough, I only give $3-$5 depending on my mood.

Last edited:
What kind cuts ya getting where they charging that much? Granted I've been cutting my own for years, but the last time I went to a barbershop it was only $12, $15 if you want your beard done or using a razor.

:smh: :x you sure he knew it was you fam? A $7 dollar tip is more than enough, I only give $3-$5 depending on my mood.

Bro, I was thinking he had me confused. I told him I gave him a 7 dollar tip. He replied that he has customers waiting who pay more.

Real talk I'm hating what barbers are becoming via Instagram. They are acting like they're celebs. All these dude out this way blow off locals to go cut in the hotels for a selfie with a celeb. I understand they probably pay more but if you have an appt keep it. I miss the old days when you call ask if there's an opening if yes they write your name down. My 2nd barber was telling me he's thinking of hiring a secretary bc he can't handle all the appt inquiries.

What kind cuts ya getting where they charging that much? Granted I've been cutting my own for years, but the last time I went to a barbershop it was only $12, $15 if you want your beard done or using a razor.

Bald fade or a taper. Very few quality barbers, the good one jack up their prices. Makes we wish I was on the east coast

Bro, I was thinking he had me confused. I told him I gave him a 7 dollar tip. He replied that he has customers waiting who pay more.

Real talk I'm hating what barbers are becoming via Instagram. They are acting like they're celebs. All these dude out this way blow off locals to go cut in the hotels for a selfie with a celeb. I understand they probably pay more but if you have an appt keep it. I miss the old days when you call ask if there's an opening if yes they write your name down. My 2nd barber was telling me he's thinking of hiring a secretary bc he can't handle all the appt inquiries.

That is crazy man, but truthfully if he is getting that celeb clientele then maybe $7 bucks isn't enough. It makes sense now why he would brush you off, damn :smh:

^Chris Douglas Roberts. WOW @ the dude from Vegas though...$40 for a cut ?! $25 plus $7 tip = blacklisted.....

there's no way the fades are THAT clean out there. Just must not be enough black hair to cut for cats to feel that froggy enough to have those prices.

I pay $10 round the way with the homie or $15 at a full blown shop

Yall must live in areas where the average barber has the dexterity of a mule. 

There are so many quality barbers out here. You'd be foolish to charge more than $25 for a cut and this in the Bay Area where cost of living is crazy.  

If my barber all of a sudden closed shop I'd have two alternates on deck in my section of the city alone who I know have bars. 

This is DIGUSUTING! I feel sorry for you man. $30-$40 dollars for a cut? Hell no! I can see a $30 cut but that BETTER include a razor line and a shave. $40 is just too much. The other guy telling you not to come back because you don't tip enough is just cheap to me. He's already getting $25. I live in LA and I pay $20 for my cut (haircut and mustache trim) and that's with the tip included. When I get a taper and line-up it's $12.

its true

but thats the elite barbers

Was just talking about barbers clowning with the prices with my barber, he charges $10 for everything & granted he's not an elite barber but he gives a damn good cut. Dude cuts nearly all the kids in the community & helps out a lot of single Mothers. Whereas the average shop around here is charging $25, its sad. Thought back to this shop I used to go to where VIP cuts were $50 off top to basically get right in the chair. Got no problem with cats getting their hustle on but not about to support these cats money grab.

:rofl: HELL NAW! I trim my shi t every 2-3 months bruh. I like to keep it the way it looks, tight and pristine. Sometimes I let it get a lil longer cuz it looks good with length and my hair hella coils up if I stretch it all the way outs probably 4+ inches. I'm doin the wayans brothers look, i'm really thinkin about lockin it up and trimmin it every couple months...super low maintenace. This cut is already low maintenance as it is. I get it twisted for $30. Get lined and tapered after for $15. That cut is fresh for a week and a half without touchin it. Then i get it lined and tapered with the same twists and all together it lasts 3 weeks on average. Then after that leave my hair out for a few days so it can breathe, wash the dead hair out and throw some grease and moisturizer in it. Then start the whole process over again when i wanna get fresh for an occasion again. I literally get up, take my du rag off, brush the sides comb baby hairs in the front if needed and im good to go. No hair doing at all

Last edited:

Yall must live in areas where the average barber has the dexterity of a mule. 

There are so many quality barbers out here. You'd be foolish to charge more than $25 for a cut and this in the Bay Area where cost of living is crazy.  

If my barber all of a sudden closed shop I'd have two alternates on deck in my section of the city alone who I know have bars. 
You're out in the Bay, you know of a legit barber in West SF? Or SF in general?

Nah bro I don't **** with the city like that. Oakland or Berkeley I got you.

There's gotta be something in SF but the demographics alone tell you finding quality black businesses of any kind is gonna be rare. Don't front on the Asian and Latino barbers though.

Last edited:
My barber I guess would be considered elite. He just went up to 25 to do everything, even though I only pay 15 because he's my family. I don't know how I would react having to pay 30 to 40 for a cut. Yikes :x

Best barber I've ever been cut by was a Mexican dude by the name of Josh. Dynasty Barbershop outside L.A.

$12 for everything including razor blade line. Bruh took his time too.

I couldn't deal with a primadonna *** barber.

I'm tryin to enjoy my cut, laugh, shoot the ****, watch the game.

Back
Top Bottom