Black guy hair cuts

so i twisted my hair up...
i plan on doing a twist out so should i untwist them before going to the barber or untwist them after?

Leave them twisted up and undo it after.

Last edited:
Andis > Bevel

This guy actually compares the two trimmers.

Keep in mind, I think he has his clippers 0-gapped with a custom blade.
It should be like $100 max. That's still $40 more than the Andis liners but you can justify that by the fact that its wireless and can be zero gapped in seconds. Unless you are cutting the hair of babies, I still don't know why you don't want your blade zero gapped. I still haven't seen it in stores anywhere but the fact that I can get two andis clippers and two pro-mate blades for under $200 is enough to avoid it.

I've got this nasty outbreak where my taper is on the back of my neck :x Any suggestions for getting rid of it?

Go to akricuts in downtown silver spring they have a cream for that...I forget the name but it's has a blue/green/yellow container

Andis > Bevel

It should be like $100 max. That's still $40 more than the Andis liners but you can justify that by the fact that its wireless and can be zero gapped in seconds. Unless you are cutting the hair of babies, I still don't know why you don't want your blade zero gapped. I still haven't seen it in stores anywhere but the fact that I can get two andis clippers and two pro-mate blades for under $200 is enough to avoid it.

Y'all don't know what they put into it but keep saying what the price should be. Innovation costs. I think they're on to something, just need to keep fine tuning and listening to barbers. Price should come down eventually.

Y'all don't know what they put into it but keep saying what the price should be. Innovation costs. I think they're on to something, just need to keep fine tuning and listening to barbers. Price should come down eventually.
Everyone understands that innovation costs. Being one of the first to own a product typically cost more as well. The issue is when you set the price for your product and it constantly gets beat by a significantly cheaper product (Andis Outliner). This isn't just ordinary joes that think the Andis is better, experts in the field who can justify the high price and would use it every day, chose not too.

This is the first version of the clipper, so of course it will be expensive. I wouldn't be shocked if they sit on the shelves at $200. I also I expect these fly off the shelves once they are discounted to $100. Only time will tell. I do respect what the company is doing and I want to support them. If I purchase the trimmer at retail price, I know I'm not getting $140 more value than what the Andis would provide.

Since I've gone away to school in August I haven't been brushing/ragging like I'm supposed to. Only got em on top now...barely . Need to get back to where I was this summer

Mannn I lost all my motivation to brush lol once I get home from work then hit the gym the last thing I be thinking about is brushing. How do y'all still stay motivated lol

I'm gonna support the homie Tristan once  the price come down a bit man. I just can't justify paying $200 plus for trimmers man. I use both the Andis T Outliner and the Andis slimline and they get the job done in giving me a perfect dry shave(Bump free). And they cost me a fraction of the Bevel Trimmer's price.

Last edited:
I wold be all for supporting as well, but it would have to provide substantial value at that price point. I recently replaced the blade on my T-liner and it feels like a brand new machine. 

I'm gonna support the homie Tristan once  the price come down a bit man. I just can't justify paying $200 plus for trimmers man. I use both the Andis T Outliner and the Andis slimline and they get the job done in giving me a perfect dry shave(Bump free). And they cost me a fraction of the Bevel Trimmer's price.

How are those slimlines on course hair and does it hold charge good?

I contemplated on gettin em but passed cuz i just felt like theu would give out after a year or coarse hair.

Last edited:
Mannn I lost all my motivation to brush lol once I get home from work then hit the gym the last thing I be thinking about is brushing. How do y'all still stay motivated lol

Just move all of your brushing to when you take a shower, if you haven't tried that already.

How are those slimlines on course hair and does it hold charge good?

I contemplated on gettin em but passed cuz i just felt like theu would give out after a year or coarse hair.
They're really good on coarse hair. I had a thick beard for awhile and I used them to completely cut my beard off and they worked fine. They can be hella sharp depending on the guard you set em at and the charge capped out for me around the 30 min mark.

I wold be all for supporting as well, but it would have to provide substantial value at that price point. I recently replaced the blade on my T-liner and it feels like a brand new machine. 
Exactly. I'm not even mad at him for putting it at that particular price point. I recognize that at it's current price it isn't marketed towards me, but a niche market that has the money to spend. I can feel that. My Andis works just fine and get's the job done.

I usually spend 45 mins a day brushing my hair [emoji]127754[/emoji] [emoji]128513[/emoji]. I consider myself pretty lazy after work, the gym and washing the car but I usually get the brushing in while watching tv, listening to music, or chilling having a conversation. That makes brushing seem less like work and just something I do automatically.

Man brushing waves frequently use to be natural to me. Stayed with my brush in my pocket no matter where I went .

Now a days I'll brush a few days after I cut my hair .any longer than that and I'll do it when I remember to :lol:.

Andis > Bevel

Look like they cut real nice but I ain't spending over 80 for no damn clippers. Plenty of good clippers out there.

Back
Top Bottom