BLACK HISTORY MONTH THREAD

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

James_Baldwin_1.jpg

rustin-1.jpg

Also happen to be gay
pimp.gif

who is this?

1st guy is James Baldwin, one of the greatest American writers.

2nd guy is Bayard Rustin, one of the pioneers of the Civil Rights movement

Michael Jackson is known as an innovator in dance, but one of his inventions helped him solidify place as an icon of dance. Jackson received a patent in 1993 for his gravity defying shoes. The shoe includes a cut-out in the heel, which an entertainer slides on and off a nail head in the stage. The nail head grabs the heel and allows the entertainer to perform apparently gravity defying leans as demonstrated in the video “Smooth Criminal

Michael Jackson is known as an innovator in dance, but one of his inventions helped him solidify place as an icon of dance. Jackson received a patent in 1993 for his gravity defying shoes. The shoe includes a cut-out in the heel, which an entertainer slides on and off a nail head in the stage. The nail head grabs the heel and allows the entertainer to perform apparently gravity defying leans as demonstrated in the video “Smooth Criminal

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

not here to start up anything.. but i have a question. why is it that when white people, mexicans or asians have a thing only for their kind they are considered racist, but when black people have it, like BET, black history month, or meetblacksingles.com (or whatever it is called) it is okay to have? and it is not considered racist?
someone please explain

because before the consitution was amended, black people werent even classified as human.

any more stupid questions?

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Not trying to bring negativity in here but.. who gives a crap what color you are? We're all supposed to be equal. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Giving a month a title to recognize the achievements of people based on the color of their skin. lol

this! besides, what are you proud of? for black? did you have anything to do with you being black?

eyes.gif
, youre a moron.

honestly, why arent these idiots being at least suspended?

The accomplishments are fine. That's wonderful. As Americans, we should be proud of achievements made by other Americans. What does being black have to do with it? It's in the past, let it go and move on. Besides, none of the wrongs were done to you. People are screwed up and living in the past.
oh, NOW, we JUST americans? before, we wasnt even human....then we was $%%#@++, not AMERICANS

noooooooooow, when we have a month to celebrate contributions specifically made by black people, its AMERICAN, now?

roll.gif

%#*+ outta here, b

the %#*+ does it matter to YOU if black people celebrate and have pride in being black?

forreal, these maggots should be suspended if not banned for this !#%@....

none of it was done to me?

grin.gif
, log out of breathing, b.

not here to start up anything.. but i have a question. why is it that when white people, mexicans or asians have a thing only for their kind they are considered racist, but when black people have it, like BET, black history month, or meetblacksingles.com (or whatever it is called) it is okay to have? and it is not considered racist?
someone please explain

because before the consitution was amended, black people werent even classified as human.

any more stupid questions?

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Not trying to bring negativity in here but.. who gives a crap what color you are? We're all supposed to be equal. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Giving a month a title to recognize the achievements of people based on the color of their skin. lol

this! besides, what are you proud of? for black? did you have anything to do with you being black?

eyes.gif
, youre a moron.

honestly, why arent these idiots being at least suspended?

The accomplishments are fine. That's wonderful. As Americans, we should be proud of achievements made by other Americans. What does being black have to do with it? It's in the past, let it go and move on. Besides, none of the wrongs were done to you. People are screwed up and living in the past.
oh, NOW, we JUST americans? before, we wasnt even human....then we was $%%#@++, not AMERICANS

noooooooooow, when we have a month to celebrate contributions specifically made by black people, its AMERICAN, now?

roll.gif

%#*+ outta here, b

the %#*+ does it matter to YOU if black people celebrate and have pride in being black?

forreal, these maggots should be suspended if not banned for this !#%@....

none of it was done to me?

grin.gif
, log out of breathing, b.

so because you dont know how to answer that question makes it ignorance? please... i agree with you, it is not about which race is better. im not asking you anything about that. i just want to know why black people stick together? creating a rift between themselves and other races. just cause something that happened 60, 70 years ago.

im not denying slavery, cause i know it happened. but why is it that so many years later, people still have to be remembered about it and still cant let things in the past rest?

yeah, it was horrible, but it happened. and that is the main cause why all of you are here. blacks need to let the past go and stop thinking that they white society owes them anything, cause they dont. slavery didnt happen to you, so stop your whining and make something of yourselves.
you disgust me to the point where i actually feel sick.

why cant we let go and stop bringing it up?

why couldnt white americans not own slaves and systematically oppress blacks all the way till today?

eyes.gif

you sick of hearing about it? i am too, it makes me sick to listen to American history...

but thats what it is, AMERICAN HISTORY

slavery isnt going anywhere....we wont EVER forget, BOY

certainly won't "let it go" to ease the guilt of white america, BOY

its easy, in 2011, for white america to call for letting bygons be bygons...

i mean, white america got off scot free.....yall dudes are complaining about mexicans taking $4/hr jobs....

but we can't talk about 500+years of slavery and 100+ years of systematic oppression, cause it makes YALL feel some sort of way?

roll.gif

why black people gotta stick together?

roll.gif

where the hell are you from, dude?

so because you dont know how to answer that question makes it ignorance? please... i agree with you, it is not about which race is better. im not asking you anything about that. i just want to know why black people stick together? creating a rift between themselves and other races. just cause something that happened 60, 70 years ago.

im not denying slavery, cause i know it happened. but why is it that so many years later, people still have to be remembered about it and still cant let things in the past rest?

yeah, it was horrible, but it happened. and that is the main cause why all of you are here. blacks need to let the past go and stop thinking that they white society owes them anything, cause they dont. slavery didnt happen to you, so stop your whining and make something of yourselves.

why couldnt white americans not own slaves and systematically oppress blacks all the way till today?

eyes.gif

you sick of hearing about it? i am too, it makes me sick to listen to American history...

i mean, white america got off scot free.....yall dudes are complaining about mexicans taking $4/hr jobs....

but we can't talk about 500+years of slavery and 100+ years of systematic oppression, cause it makes YALL feel some sort of way?

roll.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

eyes.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

it sickens me that people that think like this exist on NT
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

eyes.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

it sickens me that people that think like this exist on NT
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Two days in and the only BHM reference I've seen or heard has been about the Nike shoes releasing 
mean.gif

Everyday is black history month for me. I think it is imperative for people of all races to spend time educating themselves about their culture and ancestors.

I do find it insulting that we have to single out one month to talk about it though. Black history is American history!

Back
Top Bottom