Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Last edited:
Never had the og black red vi but held them and the upper was buttery as hell. The 2000 black red vi retro doesnt compare to the og but the nubuck upper on the 2000 retro is so nice damn near shed a tear. Ive maybe wore them 5 times in the last 13 years and today was the first time i wore um in maybe 6 years. That upper deserves better than the paint cracking on the midsole but atleast they are still wearable.

Moral of the story? Wear your shoes. Stop buying two pairs or a pair just to look at. Wear your damn shoes :lol:
View media item 801474View media item 801479View media item 801482View media item 801483View media item 801491

god it makes me depressed knowing the 2014 black/red vi wont even come close to these. :smh:

atleast make the upper respectable nike...

dope pics Noble...get ready for whats pictured above as far as the color & prbly the ashy larry suede for the upper like the "flu game" xii & the blk/v red vi

dope pics Noble...get ready for whats pictured above as far as the color & prbly the ashy larry suede for the upper like the "flu game" xii & the blk/v red vi

I'm afraid you're right on materials, especially if they're widely avail. JB not gonna step up quality without a hefty price increase, white infras for example. I actually like the bright color, will likely be the same but may look a lil darker on the black base.

has anyone ever seen someone customize the white infrared pairs and paint them black? How did it turn out? Please let me know!

I want the black/infrared with the same shade as the white but honestly it would be funny if JB trolled and put actual pink on those.
laugh.gif

I don't care what anyone says, I saw the infrareds in person today and they were def pink 
sick.gif
 the OGs were not that light 

I pray JB doesn't use the same shade on these

Last edited:
Why do I keep seeing a comparison pic between these 2014 infrareds and a shoe that isnt the OG?

Plenty of pics of the OG have been posted, with one side by side with these 2014s. The OG has darkened with age, but this shade is so close to the original that all this back and forth about how pink/salmon/etc it is is just hilarious.

This is infrared. Everyone complains about how JB wont make the shoe like the OGs, but with these they get them almost spot on and everyone is talking crazy about how pink they are. I keep saying it, and it bears repeating. I really hope that there is this much hate when the black infrareds are released. Please, call them pink, call them girly, hate on them and dont buy them, so the old guys like me can easily cop a pair or 2 for nostalgia's sake.

I don't care what anyone says, I saw the infrareds in person today and they were def pink 
sick.gif
 the OGs were not that light 

Lol bringing the white infrared thread debate to the black infrared thread already? Let's just wait and see pics, if it's the same shade and you like it, get em, if you don't like the shoe cause it uses the same shade, don't get em lol.

Not only is it a win-win cause you would save $170 (don't know if they tax where you're at) and the person who actually wants the pair gets them because you passed on them. 
happy.gif

Who am I kidding though, its gonna be hard regardless because even though people will hate, they'll cop "just because" or hop to the "cop side" of the fence once it gets closer to release date.

Lol bringing the white infrared thread debate to the black infrared thread already? Let's just wait and see pics, if it's the same shade and you like it, get em, if you don't like the shoe cause it uses the same shade, don't get em lol.
Why is there always someone that has to do what you just did? I was not the one that brought the shade up, I was just commenting on it. You don't have to tell me to cop or not to cop, I'm pretty sure I can make the decision on my own.

And the shade is still relevant in THIS thread fam. Notice how the title says "Black Infrared", infrared as in the red on THIS shoe.

I really don't get what the point of you're post was.

I don't care what anyone says, I saw the infrareds in person today and they were def pink :x  the OGs were not that light 

Honestly take it how you want but these are basically the closet thing to infrared as we are gonna get. I'm not complaining because I really like the shade as well as the shoe so take it however you want. Idk why people just can't accept that these are the closet shade to OG. Im not coming at you just saying this about everyone that continues to bring up the infrared debate.

Honestly take it how you want but these are basically the closet thing to infrared as we are gonna get. I'm not complaining because I really like the shade as well as the shoe so take it however you want. Idk why people just can't accept that these are the closet shade to OG. Im not coming at you just saying this about everyone that continues to bring up the infrared debate.
Well I'm done with it, just reminded myself why I don't come to the JB section too often

Thanks for your maturity 

Last edited:
lol its becoming more and more evident to me that people never wanted the OG infrared color but most people just wanted a deep infrared such as the one that released in 2000 or even a varsity red variant. im happy and fine with that,as long as yall dont come changing your mind with these black infrareds come out, which yall most likely will because of the hype that these will have, even though they have that same "pink color" as the whites

Why is there always someone that has to do what you just did? I was not the one that brought the shade up, I was just commenting on it. You don't have to tell me to cop or not to cop, I'm pretty sure I can make the decision on my own.

And the shade is still relevant in THIS thread fam. Notice how the title says "Black Infrared", infrared as in the red on THIS shoe.

I really don't get what the point of you're post was.
Lol, I'm not pointing out you, I just couldn't find anyone else or was too lazy to look back on other comments, no where do I mention you directly. It was just a statement, don't know why you're taking it to heart the way you're doing. Jeez, I didn't tell you how to spend your money or what to cop, I simply stated the obvious, either buy it or don't and if you choose not too (not you personally but you as the general consumer) then "you" would save $170.

As far as the shade, I'm well aware that this is the "black INFRARED" thread just like the "white INFRARED" thread but it's not looking like it cause no one is talking about INFRARED, they're talking about PINK/ORANGE/Whatever shade else is being talked about. All I was getting at, didn't try to make anyone feel any kind of way.

BTW, should've stated that I wasn't going at you in my repost or quoted post, whatever it's called.

Last edited:

lol its becoming more and more evident to me that people never wanted the OG infrared color but most people just wanted a deep infrared such as the one that released in 2000 or even a varsity red variant. im happy and fine with that,as long as yall dont come changing your mind with these black infrareds come out, which yall most likely will because of the hype that these will have, even though they have that same "pink color" as the whites
Thank you for this post lol it's becoming more than evident that people weren't asking for the 1991 shade that I personally think, not from personal experience of seeing an OG model but judging from pictures and realizing that over age the color will get duller and it could have looked just like this shade we're getting. Especially that one picture of the 1991 white infrared's side by side with the 2014 version in the white infrared thread, it looks obvious to me, but what do I know right lol.

Whatever is said about the color won't matter to me, call it pink, call it orange, call it whatever you'd like, just please pass on the black infrareds and make them as easy as the whites when they come around. Please. Lol.

Yeah, I don't really get into the back n forth bc I like the color as well and if others don't it's not my job to make them like it. But when I saw this years white infras, they reminded me of the OGs. I didn't buy the pack or varsity white because they looked off to me. I remember thinking it looked very bright on the whites in 91, the contrast of the black made it a lil more subtle. Plus, I was still in middle school and only got a pair (rarely 2) per school year so went with the black. But now that I can buy my own I'll be grabbing both.. These are both classics. :smokin

On a side note: The bright neon colors were in back in the 80s and early 90s. Reminded me of those 'Hypercolor' shirts that got popular back then.. :lol:

Thank you for this post lol it's becoming more than evident that people weren't asking for the 1991 shade that I personally think, not from personal experience of seeing an OG model but judging from pictures and realizing that over age the color will get duller and it could have looked just like this shade we're getting. Especially that one picture of the 1991 white infrared's side by side with the 2014 version in the white infrared thread, it looks obvious to me, but what do I know right lol.

Whatever is said about the color won't matter to me, call it pink, call it orange, call it whatever you'd like, just please pass on the black infrareds and make them as easy as the whites when they come around. Please. Lol.
def not gonna happen, the hype is gonna be real especially around the holidays. this thread already has 60 pages, whereas the whites had like 40 coming into release date. I need these and i need them more than i need the columbias so im gonna go all out in order to get them.

def not gonna happen, the hype is gonna be real especially around the holidays. this thread already has 60 pages, whereas the whites had like 40 coming into release date. I need these and i need them more than i need the columbias so im gonna go all out in order to get them.

Right there with you, black infrared over just about every other Jordan aside from Hares and Black Cement 4s to me so these are a definite, definite must.

these are up there with the bred 4's as my favorite jordan of all time. as long as JB doesn't troll us with the infrared color i'll be trying for at least 2 pairs.

Back
Top Bottom