Black Male NTers... does Bump Patrol really work?

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

im bout to cop some t-liners soon... i had to find out years ago the hard way that razor blade shaving isnt meant for black ppl
smh.gif

but yea bump patrol works pretty good... i hate razor bumps
so how is that our grandfathers, great grandfathers, so on and so forth, were able to shave w/o electric razors? that's not a completelyaccurate statement.

It works, but if you're not careful it'll mess up the collars on your shirts. Don't use it and then throw on a good shirt.

dont have facial hair...but after i get a haircut I use Skin tight...Its expensive but it really works

im bout to cop some t-liners soon... i had to find out years ago the hard way that razor blade shaving isnt meant for black ppl
smh.gif

No, many black men nowadays just don't know how to shave properly.

The best way to stop razor bumps is to shave with Clippers and use Tend Skin AND ClubMan Anti Bump lotion together
after you shave.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

smh.gif

No, many black men nowadays just don't know how to shave properly.
Exactly ^^^

Skin tight does wonders, I can shave with a razor on the face clippers on the neck, or the creamshave works for me and I'm baby smooth
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

smh.gif

so how is that our grandfathers, great grandfathers, so on and so forth, were able to shave w/o electric razors? that's not a completely accurate statement.
Pretty sure they had ingrowns/razor bump issues as well

I don't see how anyone could NOT chose to use clippers considering how easy and quick it is compared to using a razor. Less cleanup as well.

Baking soda + water on your skin can help eliminate ingrowns.

I was just coming on NT to start this thread..... glad I searched

I'm black and have very straight hair. I've gotten ingrown hairs on my arms, hand, face, and legs before. When they are on my face they are the worst.Most people have advised me to grow my beard out to prevent this but I'm not so sure about that.

I normally have my barber shave my face and neck area with clippers but I've gotten bumps this way too. I dont know if its him possibly cutting the wrongdirection and hair curling back up or just hair not breaking the skin.

Where can this Bump Patrol be purchased and how does baking soda+water work? Isnt that gonna turn into a pasty mix? What would you do from there?

Originally Posted by illniche22

eek.gif
Lazy B wrote:

Originally Posted by Cartier Urkel

It works wonders.....(well for my step pops, i don't even have facial hair
tired.gif
)
I wouldn't be mad at that at all. Razor bumps are not popping. My barber always says he doesn't know why black men shave because of this predicament. If you do it, get a straight razor on the face. Don't use that Norelco or clippers crap.
Yea do this...and have yo face lookin like

roll.gif
roll.gif

best thing to get is them andis outliners and if you want a close shave witout bumps get one of them braun shavers those are the best brands!

eek.gif

Originally Posted by archnoobie

I was just coming on NT to start this thread..... glad I searched

I'm black and have very straight hair. I've gotten ingrown hairs on my arms, hand, face, and legs before. When they are on my face they are the worst. Most people have advised me to grow my beard out to prevent this but I'm not so sure about that.

I normally have my barber shave my face and neck area with clippers but I've gotten bumps this way too. I dont know if its him possibly cutting the wrong direction and hair curling back up or just hair not breaking the skin.

Where can this Bump Patrol be purchased and how does baking soda+water work? Isnt that gonna turn into a pasty mix? What would you do from there?

nerd.gif

I shaved with a razor for the first time...NEVER AGAIN...everything was gravy at first..anyway someone post a pic of the skin tight %*+%

Back
Top Bottom