blame da 2013 Black/Blue Jordan I's for current long ONE craze?

is that da collective consensus?

its been 7 yeaaaaaaaaars.

I don't think it's ever been da same after those dropped...i never cared about them so its almost like i feel like im a pre-hype time capsule...my lady friend tried to get da blue toes and her frustrations gave me this epiphany. :lol:

1589272517187.jpeg

is that da collective consensus?

its been 7 yeaaaaaaaaars.

I don't think it's ever been da same after those dropped...i never cared about them so its almost like i feel like im a pre-hype time capsule...my lady friend tried to get da blue toes and her frustrations gave me this epiphany. :lol:

It's between those and the patent 2013 Black/Gold 1s. Alot of people didnt think the Royals would be that limited and were shocked when they couldnt cop. I grabbed mine at DTLR with no problem, even flipped those horrible ASG Chuckposites and only paid $37 out of pocket :lol:

Nah. I give Ye a lil credit for putting more of the masses on but I personally remember seeing hype long before the royals and Ye popped up in various colorways.

Hell I had trouble copping bred strap 1s at one point. I think end of the original sb dunk hype kinda left a void and the Jordan 1 filled that void really well, plus we got improved height, og colorways and nike air.

Nah. I give Ye a lil credit for putting more of the masses on but I personally remember seeing hype long before the royals and Ye popped up in various colorways.

Hell I had trouble copping bred strap 1s at one point. I think end of the original sb dunk hype kinda left a void and the Jordan 1 filled that void really well, plus we got improved height, og colorways and nike air.

I know what you are saying about that release being “difficult” but It wasn’t hyped then bro. :lol: stop it

probably around 2012/2013 is when it started

before that Jordan 1s were pretty much going for retail or pretty close on the resell market or you could pick up most things on sale/easily when they released

09 shadows,that Celtic/bulls pack that was 224 you could’ve caught for $175, 09 metallics, ajko’s I remember regular ty making hype on some Vegas colorway that was like $70 on sale

it was pretty easy cops. No one cares about 1s unless you cared about 1s

hell, even the 2011 banned 1s I was able to get a couple hours after my outlet store opened (I know some cities were a lot more hyped/difficult, but in 2013 that release would have been trouble EVERYWHERE!)
They wouldn’t let one person buy multiples but I should’ve had my girl get me an extra pair. Beat my one pair to the ground. They had a ton chilling when I went. One of the easiest cops ever

Maybe that was the start, but once they reintroduced with the Nike air and everything you seen a little hype but even then most were easy pick ups if you went morning of to HOH or footaction Assuming you couldn’t pick up on nikestore (only stores getting the “OG” 1s at that point)

id say kanye definitely affected things.

but hey.Most posters weren’t around or checking for Jordan 1s at this point

Also SB “dying” down had no affect on Jordan 1 hype at all. I was in and around the SB craze. No one was looking for a void to be filled. And if they were it wasn’t for a Jordan 1. At least not in 2010/2011

I can't exactly pinpoint which release initiated the craze but I feel like the madness really took off after the Shattered Blackboard release.

Yes. By far. There were 2 releases that year before these, the jumpman branded chicago 1s and the nike air Knicks 1s. Both could be had for slightly over retail. Chicago's were available mid day in my area. There was a bit of hype on the royal pair before release but it took off around release day when it was seen how limited they were stateside. My buddy grabbed himself and I a pair from an Australian site, which somehow had one of the largest allotments in the world! Then you had the black gold pair which was pretty much a ny only release with a very few popping up in other cities. People who preordered from sneakerpost (rip) had the ultimate come up as they had then for retail or not much above it. I can't remember the exact price. Since then most of branded 1s have been among the most difficult releases to get, sans some of the odd colorways.

The hype really started with the Banned 1 B grade **** show from 2011. Once OG branding came back into the fold it was a wrap.

We never had the banned 1 release in Canada, so the royal 1 were the first Jordan 1 I saw people line up for more than 12 hours for.

While Nike Air is a contributing factor I don’t think that’s the main reason. We have Jumpman pairs hitting 500-1k.

In ‘14 1s were basically hitting the lithosphere only a few pairs warranting crazy prices. Now they’re in the stratosphere due to Social media, Off-White collab, Travis collab.

Banned 1's kicked it off.....but when kanye started wearing 1's.....it was over! Hype city then! One's used to stay sitting in stores before then

I can't exactly pinpoint which release initiated the craze but I feel like the madness really took off after the Shattered Blackboard release.

This. That year you had those and the Chicago I's and so forth. That train left the yard full steam ahead.

Back
Top Bottom