BLU & EXILE "BELLOW THE HEAVENS"...MOST SLEPT ON CD OF 2007

43086nhjordan

Banned
CD WAS A BANGER. BLU WON ROOKIE OF THE YEAR ON WWW.OKAYPLAYER.COM. MOST PEOPLE HAVE LOST FAITH IN TRUEHIPHOP, BUT BLU CAME OUT THIS YEAR SPITTING !@$* THAT TOOK US BACK TO THE EARLY 90S. PEEP THE RECORD AND CATCH BLU ON TOUR IN LATE JAN. EARLY FEB WITH ELZHI(SLUM VILLAGE),TARAACH, & DJ HOUSE SHOES...

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BLUROC

yes. thank you NT for putting me on this a couple months ago ...

CD is one that stays in rotation. Blu is so real with it and Exile laid a perfectly mellow soundtrack for him so spit over ...

young dr0- THE CD HAS SOMETHING MOST RECORDS LACK NOW.. YOU SAID IT BEST "CD is one that stays in rotation"
NachoBroadway-"THE WORLD IS" IS NO JOKE.... GREAT SONG...!

Most definitely underrated. Ever since I got it. it's been on constant rotation.
pimp.gif

^its wack how his label didnt give him any type of promo, but word out mouth made this cd.... takes me back to 03 when lb dropped that 1st record....

i didnt know where to cop his cd official...

anyone wana help me out...

this want at best buy... or k mart..

any spots in nyc have it?

^ the record was hard to find due to the label not pushing it... check fat beats NY or any small mom & pop hiphop shop... I think amazon.com is out ofthem... not 100% sure

Definitely not the most slept on of the year, A LOT of people were onto this joint, especially considering it is an underground album
ohwell.gif
a little underappreciated but i wouldn't say the most slept on album of 2007.

I love this joint but Im gettin quite tired of hearin about how slept on it is. Median's Relief, now thats slept on.

smokin.gif

The CD gets a lot of play from me and I kind of appreciate Blu's flow on songs but what bothers me is he's not a special rapper. like there'snothing extraordinary about him, he's pretty average, and Exile clearly outshines him on this CD as far as the beats being better than the MC rapping overthem, but for some reason they mesh so well...

that said I like the record a lot.

And no theyre not "slept on." Dude's been in as many magazines as Wale. Blu's turned down major deals. Just because you didnt know about themuntil last month doesn't make them slept on.

But theyre a solid non mainstream act.

another wack underground/backpack rapper niketalk hypes up..its a reason the CD is not pushed heavy

Median's Relief- was ok half of the songs were old, but median is fresh wish he would put more *+@* out....!

onlineAK Nako-I actually know blu personally quiet good. I have worked with him these past 2 years... So I've been up on game

^ I wasn't talking to you personally, it's more towards, every month the same threads get made " Artist X - ________ - MOST SLEPT ON ALBUM OF THEYEAR!" and the truth is, no the album wasn't slept on. Just because YOU just discovered this artist doesn't mean it was slept on. It got the pubit deserved. If I recall reading right, Blu & Exile's joint was independently released right? It got CRAZY hype for an indie rap album. Theyweren't slept on. People who check for their kinda music, and even some who don't check for artists like them, listened to them. These threads areusually false.

Except for the Joell Ortiz thread. That%@#!$#'s trash
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom