Blue Light glasses?

Gonna be working from home a lot and had a few people recommend them to me already. Anyone have experience using them?

Gonna be working from home a lot and had a few people recommend them to me already. Anyone have experience using them?
If you get eye strain from long hours then maybe. you can achieve the same effect by turning on the night mode settings on your computer/phone though.

Yo op, you had some chick in your avy for years. Like a latina looking back. Who was that?

If you get eye strain from long hours then maybe. you can achieve the same effect by turning on the night mode settings on your computer/phone though.
I've always used f.lux on my laptop, gonna get something for my phone as well

I haven't experience any strain, since my job just transitioned into WFH but the blue light glasses were recommended a few times in a short span to me

Recommended them for what?

Basically they’re snake oil for most of the advertised purposes - especially the protecting from disease part - the amount of blue light from a computer screen is infinitesimal compared to what you get in a few seconds outside.
If it’s about a bright screen keeping you awake then there’s evidence of that - but you’re as well using some sort of night shift mode on devices to help with that (and probably better sleep hygiene - but that’s easier said than done).
If it’s about “digital eye strain” or something like that then I’m pretty comfortable saying that that is nonsense too - there’s no evidence that the blue light has anything to do with that. If you’re getting symptoms of strain then you want an eye examination, glasses if you need them and take breaks to give your eyes a rest - 20/20/20 is a completely unscientific rule but works - every 20 minutes take a break for 20 seconds and look at least 20 feet away - if you wait until you’re struggling it’s too late and you want to start early.

There is also some weird anecdotal evidence of other effects - and my personal experience is the same. I got given a pair of the Essilor Prevencia lenses to try - they have the blue filter and a subtle sepia look when wearing them. After a while I realised that when I wore those glasses I felt sort of anxious - and I have 9 pairs so wore them randomly to test it and it seemed more than a coincidence - and there is some evidence of it happening to some people.
I then made a pair of glasses with a blue tint - partly because I saw Johnny Depp with a pair and it looked cool and partly to see what the opposite colour did - and I felt pretty good wearing those.
So, totally unscientific but I found it interesting.

TLDR Snake oil - wear glasses if you need them for PC work, take breaks regularly.

I got some filtering added to my recent pair of glasses but its not that crazy deep yellow tint you see on most people that have it. You cant even tell on mine, once you notice it its minimal.

I use night mode & blue light filter on all my devices if i can and on my work computer. Once i tried it i never went back

just copped a pair of blue light and wouldn't do it again. **** is mad annoying on sunny days and you can't see the actual color of outside.

Back
Top Bottom