Bo vs Primetime vol. who you got .....

Anyone who says Deion was better than Bo doesn't know what the *%+$ they're are talking about. Bo was a beast in both sports. Deion couldn't tacklemy grandmother. Deion sucked *+@ in baseball, some of you make it real obvious how old you are with your lame reasoning. Deion hopped on any team that had thebest chance of winning a Super Bowl or a World Series. Anyone who actually watched these 2 players and weren't playing with Ninja Turtles while these 2were doing their thing, knows Bo was better and it wasn't even close.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I'm going Deion and I don't think it's any question. Here's why.

Deion proved more and had much much more longevity. Deion has a ring, Bo doesn't. Bo POTENTIALLY could have been the greatest ever, but like I have said before, potential only gets you so far. If everyone with potential lived up to their careers who knows who we would be talking about. Injuries or not, Bo didn't last and Deion did, and was good/great at the same time.

The thing with Bo, is his stint in the NFL and even the MLB was so short, but filled with highlights that we assume he would have been the greatest athlete of all time. Who knows what could've happened if he was in the leagues longer. We don't know and for all this uncertainty it has to be Deion.

No if he didnt get injured he would have been better than Deion

He was All-Star in baseball and was the game's MVP
He was a Pro Bowler only playing like 8 games
He also won the Heisman trophy

Yeah, read that over again very carefully. He DID get injured so he's NOT better than Deion, and you CAN'T say with 100% Certainty how is career would have panned out without injuries. Making this a moot topic in eyes. You can't assume he would have been the best and you can't take away from Deion because of Bo's potential.

This is what you said in the Kurt Warner post

The only thing that really stopped him in those off years was his hand

How come when we are talking about Kurt Warner injuries are an excuse but for Bo Jackson they aren't?

Bo was a better athlete and if he hadnt gotten injured he would widely be considered better.

What do think would've happened to Bo?

Do you think he would've just forgot how to play football or baseball?
laugh.gif

He's wasnt a quarterback! Most great running backs are good right away and became better til an injury or they get too old.

I'm going Deion and I don't think it's any question. Here's why.

Deion proved more and had much much more longevity. Deion has a ring, Bo doesn't. Bo POTENTIALLY could have been the greatest ever, but like I have said before, potential only gets you so far. If everyone with potential lived up to their careers who knows who we would be talking about. Injuries or not, Bo didn't last and Deion did, and was good/great at the same time.

The thing with Bo, is his stint in the NFL and even the MLB was so short, but filled with highlights that we assume he would have been the greatest athlete of all time. Who knows what could've happened if he was in the leagues longer. We don't know and for all this uncertainty it has to be Deion.

No if he didnt get injured he would have been better than Deion

He was All-Star in baseball and was the game's MVP
He was a Pro Bowler only playing like 8 games
He also won the Heisman trophy

Yeah, read that over again very carefully. He DID get injured so he's NOT better than Deion, and you CAN'T say with 100% Certainty how is career would have panned out without injuries. Making this a moot topic in eyes. You can't assume he would have been the best and you can't take away from Deion because of Bo's potential.

This is what you said in the Kurt Warner post

The only thing that really stopped him in those off years was his hand
How come when we are talking about Kurt Warner injuries are an excuse but for Bo Jackson they aren't?

Bo was a better athlete and if he hadnt gotten injured he would widely be considered better.

What do think would've happened to Bo?

Do you think he would've just forgot how to play football or baseball?
laugh.gif

He's wasnt a quarterback! Most great running backs are good right away and became better til an injury or they get too old.

Because Warner's injuries didn't end his career. Look, Deion proved more in his career. Bo was probably the better athlete, but as far asaccomplishments go Deion is far and away more proven.

^^^Yeah I agree thats basically I said too. I thought you were trying to imply Bo was all potenial.
so my question to you is that you think Bo would be considered the hands down best RB ever. because thas the only way he could be consideredbetter than Deion. Because Deion is hands down the best cover corner ever & is arguably the best CB ever.

primetime....how can any of you say bo?!? he got hurt end of story...quit going off of what WOULD'VE happened.

Originally Posted by yungchamp

primetime....how can any of you say bo?!? he got hurt end of story...quit going off of what WOULD'VE happened.

EXACTLY what I'm saying. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

^^^Yeah I agree thats basically I said too. I thought you were trying to imply Bo was all potenial.
so my question to you is that you think Bo would be considered the hands down best RB ever. because thas the only way he could be considered better than Deion. Because Deion is hands down the best cover corner ever & is arguably the best CB ever.

No Bo would've not been hands down the best running back ever but being a possible 6 time Pro Bowler and 5 time All-Star is the better Athlete than beingthe best corner.

A running back has to know plays a little better than a straight man to man. A running back has to know running plays names,protections,Passing routes,verbageetc.

Bo was a better baseball player he was a consistent 20-20 guy. He had the 5th most home runs in the majors in 1989.

so my question to you is that you think Bo would be considered the hands down best RB ever. because thas the only way he could be considered better than Deion. Because Deion is hands down the best cover corner ever & is arguably the best CB ever.
A running back has to know plays a little better than a straight man to man. A running back has to know running plays names,protections,Passing routes,verbage etc.
wait just one moment there... are you saying that RB is a more difficult position to play than CB. please do not even try to start with all that.

but like you yourself said, Bo would have been the best RB ever, so he couldnt have been considered better than Deion

A running back has to know plays a little better than a straight man to man. A running back has to know running plays names,protections,Passing routes,verbage etc.
wait just one moment there... are you saying that RB is a more difficult position to play than CB. please do not even try to start with all that.

but like you yourself said, Bo would have been the best RB ever, so he couldnt have been considered better than Deion

NO I SAID BETTER ATHLETE!!!

Bo allllll day........Primetime was a great athlete, top 5 corners ever, but in baseball he was not amazing he was just super athletic......

Bo on the other hand was both a Pro Bowl player and an all star...and I think he competed in the HR contest a few times....I have seen both of them play bothof their sports and I would have to say Bo Knows how to be the best.....

Bo Jackson, no freaking question.
In 1990, he raised his batting average, but the uncertainty of his two sport loyalties may have swayed Royals management to not utilize him as much as he could have been.
On June 5, 1989, Jackson ran down a long line-drive deep to left field on a hit-and-run play against the Seattle Mariners. With speedy Harold Reynolds running from first base on the play, Scott Bradley's hit would have been deep enough to score him against most outfielders. But Jackson, from the warning track, turned flat footed and fired a strike to catcher Bob Boone, who tagged the sliding Reynolds out.
I need a video of this play.

I remember them playing it during the ALCS this past season.

Bo was a beast at both baseball and football.
pimp.gif

*EDIT*

Found it. Freaking amazing.
pimp.gif

Reynolds
by beisbolct

Bo Jackson... not even close.

Jackson was a MUCH better baseball player than Sanders. We were all robbed when Jackson's careers were cut short by injury.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Anyone who says Deion was better than Bo doesn't know what the *%+$ they're are talking about. Bo was a beast in both sports. Deion couldn't tackle my grandmother. Deion sucked *+@ in baseball, some of you make it real obvious how old you are with your lame reasoning. Deion hopped on any team that had the best chance of winning a Super Bowl or a World Series. Anyone who actually watched these 2 players and weren't playing with Ninja Turtles while these 2 were doing their thing, knows Bo was better and it wasn't even close.
/thread

Originally Posted by JaiJai84

Gotta go with Prime Time, I'm a Cowboys fan...
You also have no clue about the topic and probably were in diapers when they played
smh.gif

i see its pretty much even here as well. i remember seeing bo jackson hit three home runs against the yankees. each one was further than the next. he hit ashot the other way like 470 ft
eek.gif
i wish i could find the video of bo breaking the bat over his helmet
laugh.gif
dude was an animal. i still go with deion but notby much. bo was a better baseball player but deion was'nt horrible. deion stole over 300 bases playing basically half a season every year. it's a goodargument, either way you can make a case for each guy. but i seen both play. i'm 33 and i remember bo in the all star game. i remember him shi**ing on theyanks
laugh.gif
i just feel overall deion got him, just not by much. 1a and 1b ........

Bo Jackson all day

dude = Barry Sanders + power

we havent seen a running back like that since

taking nothing away from Primetime but he pooped on Deion in baseball

I remember being a kid and watching him play baseball and if he ever struck out he would break the bat over his thigh ... i would be all amazed like
eek.gif

dude was truly freak of nature and he was my favorite "Pro Star"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom