Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Great first episode!!!...

Nucky's assistant is comedy!... lol

And the FBI agents in the hotel had me
laugh.gif
 the whole time...

And the dude who got shot in his own restaurant was the guy from the private meeting at the hotel...

I'm a little confused from a business standpoint as to why he was killed and why they set up Rothstein.

I know that Jimmy wanted to find a way to get into some $$, esp from his take on being assigned to Patty's assistant and from his convo with his wife at the dinner table and from his meet with Nucky after the robbery...

Plus the booze factory getting raided at the same time as the truck robbery...

I gotta read up on some of this stuff...

Sidebar:

Does anyone know the significance of Nucky looking through the windows of the stores on the Boardwalk??

The psychic??

The babies in the incubator??

Do these visions serve as a forshadowing of things to come??
The writer for Boardwalk Empire used to write for The Sopranos which used a lot of symbols to tell/foreshadow the story.
I think the premature babies represented a couple of things...

-Jimmy/Nucky not quite ready to make the jump into full fledged gangsterdom

-The baby lost to the woman (character name?) taking a beating by her husband and how that will play out with Nucky getting involved

As far as Jimmy dropping the dime on that moonshine factory, it was his way to stay on the streets and give up a small fish who had crossed him earlier (formaldehyde). He had told Nucky that they didn't need that guy and he, being the more aggressive of the two, decided to get rid of him and the Feds (temporarily), thus killing two

birds with one stone.

laugh.gif
 the whole time...

And the dude who got shot in his own restaurant was the guy from the private meeting at the hotel...

I'm a little confused from a business standpoint as to why he was killed and why they set up Rothstein.

I know that Jimmy wanted to find a way to get into some $$, esp from his take on being assigned to Patty's assistant and from his convo with his wife at the dinner table and from his meet with Nucky after the robbery...

I gotta read up on some of this stuff...

Sidebar:

Does anyone know the significance of Nucky looking through the windows of the stores on the Boardwalk??

The psychic??

The writer for Boardwalk Empire used to write for The Sopranos which used a lot of symbols to tell/foreshadow the story.
I think the premature babies represented a couple of things...

-Jimmy/Nucky not quite ready to make the jump into full fledged gangsterdom

-The baby lost to the woman (character name?) taking a beating by her husband and how that will play out with Nucky getting involved

As far as Jimmy dropping the dime on that moonshine factory, it was his way to stay on the streets and give up a small fish who had crossed him earlier (formaldehyde). He had told Nucky that they didn't need that guy and he, being the more aggressive of the two, decided to get rid of him and the Feds (temporarily), thus killing two

birds with one stone.

BLADE BR0WN wrote:

Sidebar:

The psychic??

Good questions. shows keeping us on our toes after just one episode.
I think the psychic staring at him was just showing that a lot will go on in his life in the next few years.

The babies in the incubator my guess is his wife was expecting when she died and the baby didnt make it. Probably why he had such an instant connection with the woman who was being abused.

Time will tell. 

BLADE BR0WN wrote:

Sidebar:

The psychic??

Good questions. shows keeping us on our toes after just one episode.
I think the psychic staring at him was just showing that a lot will go on in his life in the next few years.

The babies in the incubator my guess is his wife was expecting when she died and the baby didnt make it. Probably why he had such an instant connection with the woman who was being abused.

Time will tell. 

Originally Posted by 1boredzombie

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

This show was f_cking dope. shorty riding the d on the bed was good money and she had that mass....what up NT get me a screenshot lol
Her name is Pas De La Huerta. Busted without makeup but the body is banging.
Sheesh good looking my g
EDIT : you right her face is 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

This show was f_cking dope. shorty riding the d on the bed was good money and she had that mass....what up NT get me a screenshot lol
Her name is Pas De La Huerta. Busted without makeup but the body is banging.
Sheesh good looking my g
EDIT : you right her face is 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 the whole time...

The Italian in the restaurant was killed because he didn't want to get on board with bootlegging. He was convinced the underworld could make a tidy profit strictly off prostitution alone. He was killed, therefore, in the name of profit and progress. If I remember correctly, Capone tells Jimmy this when they're smoking cigarettes  by the truck.

Jimmy and Capone robbed Rothstein's shipment for money and to make a name for themselves (not unlike Jackie Jr. trying to take down Ralph's card game in the Sopranos). Jimmy wanted to show Nucky that he wasn't a 'college boy' there to run errands, but a potentially valuable tool, a killer that 'did stuff' and 'saw stuff' in the war. But Capone got spooked by the deer and started blasting. After he killed the first guy, they all had to go.

I wonder if they're going to write in Jack 'Legs' Diamond.

laugh.gif
 the whole time...

The Italian in the restaurant was killed because he didn't want to get on board with bootlegging. He was convinced the underworld could make a tidy profit strictly off prostitution alone. He was killed, therefore, in the name of profit and progress. If I remember correctly, Capone tells Jimmy this when they're smoking cigarettes  by the truck.

Jimmy and Capone robbed Rothstein's shipment for money and to make a name for themselves (not unlike Jackie Jr. trying to take down Ralph's card game in the Sopranos). Jimmy wanted to show Nucky that he wasn't a 'college boy' there to run errands, but a potentially valuable tool, a killer that 'did stuff' and 'saw stuff' in the war. But Capone got spooked by the deer and started blasting. After he killed the first guy, they all had to go.

I wonder if they're going to write in Jack 'Legs' Diamond.

I've read books and watched stuff on tv about this gangster stuff, and this show follows everything to a great extent, things that really happened during prohibition. See, the guy killed in the restaurant was Big Jim Collosimmo, and he was pretty much boss of Chicago. He dabbled in booze, but he really didn't wanna get too deep, because his other businesses such as gambling and !%*#@ houses made him plenty of money, and he didn't want that added heat from the liquor enforcement agency. He was killed so bootlegging could really take off in Chicago and it was gonna be overseen by Jonny Torrio, , and Capone and his boys would be the muscle and underbosses. That's why when Capone pulled into the warehouse with the booze, Torrio was happy and smiling and in the concurrent scene, big Jim was about to be killed. Jim had to go so Chicago could completely wet with no interference, and so Torrio could rise to power.

If HBO does this right, this show could grab us how the Wire and the Soprano did. Another thing, just like all the other great HBO shows, you can't be busy while you watch this show, you have to pay full attention to completely understand and not get lost in the story, side stories, and meanings of little things. Cause one little thing that happens in episode 1 could have a huge meaning in episode 7 or even season 2

I've read books and watched stuff on tv about this gangster stuff, and this show follows everything to a great extent, things that really happened during prohibition. See, the guy killed in the restaurant was Big Jim Collosimmo, and he was pretty much boss of Chicago. He dabbled in booze, but he really didn't wanna get too deep, because his other businesses such as gambling and !%*#@ houses made him plenty of money, and he didn't want that added heat from the liquor enforcement agency. He was killed so bootlegging could really take off in Chicago and it was gonna be overseen by Jonny Torrio, , and Capone and his boys would be the muscle and underbosses. That's why when Capone pulled into the warehouse with the booze, Torrio was happy and smiling and in the concurrent scene, big Jim was about to be killed. Jim had to go so Chicago could completely wet with no interference, and so Torrio could rise to power.

If HBO does this right, this show could grab us how the Wire and the Soprano did. Another thing, just like all the other great HBO shows, you can't be busy while you watch this show, you have to pay full attention to completely understand and not get lost in the story, side stories, and meanings of little things. Cause one little thing that happens in episode 1 could have a huge meaning in episode 7 or even season 2

If anybody cares, the broadwalk set for the show is built in brooklyn. And although the characters are real, some of the stories are fictional

If anybody cares, the broadwalk set for the show is built in brooklyn. And although the characters are real, some of the stories are fictional

Just watched the first episode and I was pretty impressed. One thing though is I dont think I have the heart for all the blood and gore that was shown in the first episode...dudes getting blasted with shotguns from close range, women getting beat down...this show is gonna be rough y'all.

Steve Buscemi is the perfect actor for the lead role...dude is the perfect villain...he just looks like an evil person to me
laugh.gif

Just watched the first episode and I was pretty impressed. One thing though is I dont think I have the heart for all the blood and gore that was shown in the first episode...dudes getting blasted with shotguns from close range, women getting beat down...this show is gonna be rough y'all.

Steve Buscemi is the perfect actor for the lead role...dude is the perfect villain...he just looks like an evil person to me
laugh.gif

Two days after the premiere of HBO’s much-anticipated seriesBoardwalk Empire, the premium network announced it has renewed theProhibition-era drama for a second season.

After garnering a number of breathless reviews, Boardwalk Empirebowed to 4.8 million viewers Sunday at 9 p.m., making it HBO’smost-watched series premiere since 2004. (Leading out of the thirdepisode of season five of The Sopranos, Deadwood drew 5.79 millionviewers on March 21, 2004. By comparison, Big Love opened to 4.56million viewers in March 2006, while HBO’s proven vampire hit, TrueBlood, took wing with a rather anemic 1.44 million viewers inSeptember 2008.)

Two encore presentations of Boardwalk brought the combined deliveryto 7.1 million total viewers, per Nielsen.

At $18 million, Boardwalk is quite likely the most expensive TVpilot ever produced, and the money hangs all over the screen.Created by Sopranos vet Terence Winter––among other highlights, hewrote the script for the celebrated season-three episode “PineBarrens,â€

Back
Top Bottom