Boardwalk Empire (season 2) thread Vol. Season 1 Blu-Ray 1/10 *Best Buy 2 per store?!*

Tonight's ep didn't disappoint just like the rest of this season thus far.

Luciano and Jimmy making a deal, will only heat things up more.

Nucky looks like he's going to be done wrong even though he was able to get his way when his trial went out of the state's hands and on a federal level. He will pull through somehow, seems to always make something happen.

And Van Alden's character is still the most interesting in my opinion, the dude is just twisted and it makes for tremendous theater.

Can't wait for next Sunday(as usual).

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Great episode.

"...I brought lemons..."
laugh.gif

Nelson always brings the lulz 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wow. Really surprised there has barely been any posts for the new episode.

Van Alden getting caught by the wife
tired.gif

I couldn't really tell how Margaret viewed Slater. Tonight definitely cleared that up.

This week didn't disappoint at all for me.
Van Alden's character is just amazing at this point, it's gonna be interesting to see if he tries to convert Lucy to a religious woman.

anyone notice how Ohio stays losin in this series?

"Who the F wants to go to Cincinnati?"

Yeah this show has edged out the shows I'm faithful too on Sundays (Dexter n TWD).

Another very good ep. Was expecting more discussion.

I swear Van Alden's story just get better. I'm not even wondering how they'll write him back in to the main plot (since it seems since Nuck got arrested, that new state ADA was kinda taking the reins). Ol prude broad finding out
laugh.gif
Can't wait to see how Van Alden bounces back from all of this and goes after Nucky.

No matter how many times it's said, even though I know the series may not follow history, I just can't see Jimmy taking Nuck's spot as boss in AC. Interesting developments with Philly and Lucky though.

I get the feeling for some reason Slater might just have to end up killing that maid cuz of Shroeder. Maid seems easily jealous and clearly gossips. May say the wrong thing to the wrong person. Looks like Slater puts in some work and smashes Shroeder next ep
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yeah this show has edged out the shows I'm faithful too on Sundays (Dexter n TWD).

Another very good ep. Was expecting more discussion.

I swear Van Alden's story just get better. I'm not even wondering how they'll write him back in to the main plot (since it seems since Nuck got arrested, that new state ADA was kinda taking the reins). Ol prude broad finding out
laugh.gif
Can't wait to see how Van Alden bounces back from all of this and goes after Nucky.

No matter how many times it's said, even though I know the series may not follow history, I just can't see Jimmy taking Nuck's spot as boss in AC. Interesting developments with Philly and Lucky though.

I get the feeling for some reason Slater might just have to end up killing that maid cuz of Shroeder. Maid seems easily jealous and clearly gossips. May say the wrong thing to the wrong person. Looks like Slater puts in some work and smashes Shroeder next ep
pimp.gif
It will be interesting to see how closely they follow history from here until the season's end. On one side Jimmy is teaming up with Meyer and Lucky, two men who ended up becoming successful crime bosses. On the other side he is up against Nucky Thompson, who is based off Nucky Johnson, the man that held tight control over Atlantic City until 1941.

"i did that for us. that child is for you." proceeds to bite hand. 
laugh.gif

can't wait to see how much crazier Nelson will get. oh yeah he was definitely going back to finish him off at the hospital.
laugh.gif
 too bad his superior was there.

Margaret lusting over Owen. Stress from Nucky finally catching up to her or maybe it's just that Nucky's performance is not enough for her.

lol @ Margaret's #+* self. Shes gonna c-block her maid even harder now. She wants that D badly. She's apparently attracted to those bad boys.

Van Alden thought the burnt dude knew his side piece and ratted on himself lol "... I brought lemons..."

Those young boys (Jimmy, Lucky etc) are plotting a come up and bringing heroin into the mix.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

lol @ Margaret's #+* self. Shes gonna c-block her maid even harder now. She wants that D badly. She's apparently attracted to those bad boys.

Van Alden thought the burnt dude knew his side piece and ratted on himself lol "... I brought lemons..."

Those young boys (Jimmy, Lucky etc) are plotting a come up and bringing heroin into the mix.
Probably cause he's off the boat, which is something the two of them have in common.

Yeah I was wondering about what Van Alden was gonna confess to his boss. Since we know the burnt guy thinks Van Alden was a dirty cop running with bootleggers (which is obviously not true) I thought maybe Van Alden was scared about the fact that he killed his last deputy by drowning him not that there was anyway that guy would know unless he attends church with all those black ppl that saw.

I don't think he was gonna confess about cheating on his wife and getting some broad pregnant cuz it's completely irrelevant.

That treacherous swine of a woman Margaret Schroeder!!!

I knew something was bound to happen between her and Slater...

30t6p3b.gif
at the Attorney General...

This dude Lansky always manages to succesfully wiggle him and Lucky out of tight situations too...

And that butcher boss from Philly is ruthless...
pimp.gif

Hopefully my son Chalky bounces back into the scene next week...
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Yeah I was wondering about what Van Alden was gonna confess to his boss. Since we know the burnt guy thinks Van Alden was a dirty cop running with bootleggers (which is obviously not true) I thought maybe Van Alden was scared about the fact that he killed his last deputy by drowning him not that there was anyway that guy would know unless he attends church with all those black ppl that saw.

I don't think he was gonna confess about cheating on his wife and getting some broad pregnant cuz it's completely irrelevant.

The burnt guy and his partner were suspicious of Van Alden because one of them saw him coming out of the Polish dudes office, and driving around with him, and they know the Polish guy is a bootlegger/works with Chalky. Thats why they went to Chalkys warehouse. He was gonna confess to "consorting" with known bootleggers.. and probably consuming illegal alcohol.

The burnt guy and his partner were suspicious of Van Alden because one of them saw him coming out of the Polish dudes office, and driving around with him, and they know the Polish guy is a bootlegger/works with Chalky. Thats why they went to Chalkys warehouse. He was gonna confess to "consorting" with known bootleggers.. and probably consuming illegal alcohol.
Hm, I was wondering if he somehow knew about the drowning
That stand off was 
eek.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

I know that (the first part). I addressed that in the first line.

I'm saying Van Alden doesn't know they suspect that. Nothing points to him knowing they were going to go over his head and accuse him of being a dirty cop if they found anything in the warehouse. That's why I said I'm wondering what Van Alden was going to confess to.

I don't buy that he was going to confess to consorting with those dudes or consuming alcohol. Those dude's going to Chalky's warehouse doesn't trace back to him in any way. So how would Van Alden even be wise to what they were trying to do?

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

show is quickly becoming my fav of all time

this is how I feel also.  
Very interesting part of history, great story lines and amazing actors.  A tv show couldn't get much better for me. 

I'm excited to see the younger crew come up
pimp.gif

I wonder if we will see Frank Costello next season. Wonder if Elliot Ness will find a role in the story line. The show is beautifully shot, written and acted. It's about time steve buschemi doesn't get FARGO'd and lives.

I'm saying Van Alden doesn't know they suspect that. Nothing points to him knowing they were going to go over his head and accuse him of being a dirty cop if they found anything in the warehouse. That's why I said I'm wondering what Van Alden was going to confess to.

I don't buy that he was going to confess to consorting with those dudes or consuming alcohol. Those dude's going to Chalky's warehouse doesn't trace back to him in any way. So how would Van Alden even be wise to what they were trying to do?
My bad, I missed the first part of what you said somehow..

I think they would've made it pretty apparent that they knew something about the deputy's death a lot sooner if that was the case. They always seemed suspicious of him when they were auditing the alcohol and money they confiscated, and you could tell that Van Alden noticed it because he saw them watching him and started acting extra shady and nervous a few episodes ago when he was taking the money...

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Anybody think the priest might snitch to Nucky? He had a look on his face when she told him.
Nah, I think that it'll eventually slip by Margret herself. 

My bad, I missed the first part of what you said somehow..

I think they would've made it pretty apparent that they knew something about the deputy's death a lot sooner if that was the case. They always seemed suspicious of him when they were auditing the alcohol and money they confiscated, and you could tell that Van Alden noticed it because he saw them watching him and started acting extra shady and nervous a few episodes ago when he was taking the money...
I just mentioned the deputy's death as speculation for what Van Alden might be scared of them knowing. There's nothing pointing to them knowing that. I'm just saying that Van Alden may be feeling guilty about it since once again he has another deputy that's about to die. Don't know if he was putting on his routine act but he seemed serious and disturbed when his boss wasn't taking the matter as serious and then went to the whole religious talk and started praying.

I just think there was something about his behavior at the time that wasn't his usual.

Yo...This is why I rail against the Catholic Church.
30t6p3b.gif

eyes.gif
 ...them dudes be getting info for NOTHING 
eek.gif

Look at all the religious pressing they got going on! Nucky warned her about that too... 

That DA is a little punk for that move. He has way less to lose.

Van Alden thinks the wrong thing 
roll.gif
like all the time... and its AMAZING...thats again due to his stupid religion making him see "symbols" in flickering lights etc. Dude thinks people know about his JO being pregnant. 

How they got this chick giving birth...ALONE?! 
eek.gif

That Irish dude got swag out of this world...putting in work for nucky and wooing any chick he comes across. 
eek.gif

pimp.gif
...had Ms. Schroder sprung. I almost forgot she was on that Temperance Movement tip in the beginning. 

This is easily one of my favorite shows...EVER. 

The suspense in this show is crazy. 

"I...I...I brought...lemons..." 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Side note: Does anyone else just LOVE how they dress in this show? I mean damn, even the goons get tailored suits. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

I wonder if we will see Frank Costello next season. Wonder if Elliot Ness will find a role in the story line. The show is beautifully shot, written and acted. It's about time steve buschemi doesn't get FARGO'd and lives.
A great thing about this show is the vast amount of true life characters they can bring in, but that can also be a problem considering it could take away focus from Atlantic City and that whole side. Capone has had a role on the show, but certainly not every week by any means. I'd love to see them bringing in guys like Costello where it fits, and since we already met Masseria that would work along with Luciano's story.

Really liked the last episode. I love Dominic Chianese returning (the old man talking with Jimmy in the beginning, who also played Junior Soprano)... and a great call back to that meeting was when Jimmy said to the Butcher "not every insult requires a response" during the standoff
pimp.gif
Great example of Jimmy learning and adapting to his new role. I also love Harrow saying "I don't *#!#*+% believe this"

About time they brought up Margaret's feelings for Owen, it was clear as soon as they met that would be a story. I also think we see that young DA return, he mentioned his father and we might see it get complicated for Nucky depending on who his dad is. I like Nucky's past dealings with the Senator biting him in the *#+, Nucky's life is complex and he's had a lot of conflict so that was a great roadblock to his trial.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Side note: Does anyone else just LOVE how they dress in this show? I mean damn, even the goons get tailored suits. 
pimp.gif

yeah the style is on point.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Yo...This is why I rail against the Catholic Church.
30t6p3b.gif

eyes.gif
 ...them dudes be getting info for NOTHING 
eek.gif

Look at all the religious pressing they got going on! Nucky warned her about that too... 

That DA is a little punk for that move. He has way less to lose.

Van Alden thinks the wrong thing 
roll.gif
like all the time... and its AMAZING...thats again due to his stupid religion making him see "symbols" in flickering lights etc. Dude thinks people know about his JO being pregnant. 

How they got this chick giving birth...ALONE?! 
eek.gif

That Irish dude got swag out of this world...putting in work for nucky and wooing any chick he comes across. 
eek.gif

pimp.gif
...had Ms. Schroder sprung. I almost forgot she was on that Temperance Movement tip in the beginning. 

This is easily one of my favorite shows...EVER. 

The suspense in this show is crazy. 

"I...I...I brought...lemons..." 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif
I don't know what it is about you, but you just resonate annoyance. You never fail to bring up religion IN EVERY SINGLE POST, regardless of the topic.

Seriously:  http://www.youtube.com/wa...&v=r1AMb65WaR0#t=34s

Back
Top Bottom