Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

Doyle's voice isn't really that way? :wow:

Wow those set and prop ppl need to get some awards. The job they've been doing has been amazing from the wardrobe to the boardwalk.
I never really did talk much how this show really did take you to the early 1900s prohibition days in the tristate area.
That was a real good watch.

Agreed.

I think when it's all said and done, people will go back and watch this as a complete piece, not just episode to episode or season to season and be amazed at the all around quality of the show. I'm definitely going to buy this as a set when it's made available. It honestly feels like something that would have aired on PBS, minus the gore and language, just because of the level of detail. It's a piece of art.

On another note any one else notice that Michael Pitt aka Jimmy Darmody was nowhere in that except for footage of the character and even then, he was barely there? He must have made a real *** of himself if the rumors are true.

Yeah I noticed not a lot of Jimmy but I dunno it felt like it could've been a hr cuz I also noticed a whole lot of Narcisse like he been on the show since the start or something :lol: While other characters didn't get to talk as much; more Lucky, Eli, and especially Margaret and Nucky would've been nice.

Last edited:
Just thought about it, maybe Nucky catches a slug the same way Carlito caught one.
The show skipped over a lot of important things this season.

It's almost like no one in Atlantic City/NY notices that The Great Depression is going on

Things the show skipped/glossed over:

• The 1929 Atlantic City conference: The first major gathering of organized crime figures in the United States, this always seemed like it would be a major focus of one of the show's seasons. Indeed, Winter has talked in prior interviews about how important the conference was to the characters depicted on the show and how he couldn't wait to show it. Instead, the decision to end the show after five seasons means we won't get to see this conference, unless there's a flashback.
  • The death of Arnold Rothstein: As played by Michael Stuhlbarg, Rothstein was always one of the show's most unexpectedly amusing characters. But the series has simply skipped right over his death in 1928, which means that Rothstein — who seemed like he was being set up for a major arc in the fourth season finale — is now a non-entity.
  • The crash of 1929: To be sure, the characters are all dealing with the after-effects of the crash in 1931 (even if it's easy to feel as if the event hasn't impacted most of the main characters — who have plenty of money — at all). But it's easy to imagine a season that featured the one-two punch of the crime conference and the financial crash. That could have been a very good season indeed.

Like yeah, they casually mention how Nucky has no money left and people are coming after the banks, dude offed himself in the premier, but like barely. To the point where people who were actually looking for those things missed them.

And this is why I'm upset about the showing ending and this finale being so rushed. The Great Depression could have been a great backdrop to the storyline. And it seems like it isn't even being acknowledged.

Sad thing is if you gave the show it's usual 12 eps a season or if you want stretch it to 13 or even better 15 you could've covered ALL of that.

Under 12 eps:

1-3 - AR's death and AC conference
4 -1929 stock market crash

If there's more eps then you could flesh out AR's arc and really bring some closure to his character while setting up what Lucky and Meyer were about to do. I mean hell these eps probably wouldn't even need to have a whole lot of the other characters. A dash of Al and check in with Narcisse and Nucky.

Time skip to 1931
5-12 - All this stuff we see now

:smh: HBO wanted to skip and not give them their usual budget :stoneface:

Last edited:

Eddie [emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]
"You ****** breadstick with a bow tie" [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I remember crying laughing during that scene
Gillian as a blonde [emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji]

AR is always going to be my favorite character.

4GRnP58.gif

Sad thing is if you gave the show it's usual 12 eps a season or if you want stretch it to 13 or even better 15 you could've covered ALL of that.

Under 12 eps:

1-3 - AR's death and AC conference
4 -1929 stock market crash

If there's more eps then you could flesh out AR's arc and really bring some closure to his character while setting up what Lucky and Meyer were about to do. I mean hell these eps probably wouldn't even need to have a whole lot of the other characters. A dash of Al and check in with Narcisse and Nucky.

Time skip to 1931
5-12 - All this stuff we see now

:smh: HBO wanted to skip and not give them their usual budget :stoneface:
Great point really sad this show got did dirty like Rome... :smh:

Eddie [emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]
"You ****** breadstick with a bow tie" [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I remember crying laughing during that scene
Gillian as a blonde [emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji]

:rofl: The creeper dentist with the ether always got me. That **** is kinda true and scary
AR is always going to be my favorite character.

4GRnP58.gif
yo man wtf i thought i was buggin when i saw the hand move :lol:
AR cracks a smile long enough if you watch too.

Son couldn't take losing for **** deep down :lol:

Yea gyp was goin in on everyone at that table :lol:

Why dont you go sit in the corner shortpants

Ill **** you out like yesterday's sausage

To name a few :lol:

Gyp set the record for the number of ethnicities insulted in one episode by one character :lol: no one was safe

Agreed.

I think when it's all said and done, people will go back and watch this as a complete piece, not just episode to episode or season to season and be amazed at the all around quality of the show. I'm definitely going to buy this as a set when it's made available. It honestly feels like something that would have aired on PBS, minus the gore and language, just because of the level of detail. It's a piece of art.

On another note any one else notice that Michael Pitt aka Jimmy Darmody was nowhere in that except for footage of the character and even then, he was barely there? He must have made a real *** of himself if the rumors are true.
I noticed Jimmy's absence too. I totally agree that he was not invited for a reason.

Hearing Lansky, Micky, and CApone's real voice was a trip too.

That 'Final Shot' HBO vid :frown: :pimp: . Makes me want to re-watch Seasons 1-3.

Nice to see them bring Harrow in to speak. Surprised they didn't bring in Michael Pitt to; would have liked to have heard from him. Same goes for Cannavale.

Gonna miss this show so much.

Last edited:
Enjoyed watching that :smokin

Had no idea there were so many Brits on the show....good *** actors lol

During the preview for the final episode the tagline, 'The end of an empire' I feel implies that Nucky is either retiring or dying at the end. I just have a gut feeling that the ending isn't going to be anti-climatic.

That 'Final Shot' HBO vid :frown: :pimp: . Makes me want to re-watch Seasons 1-3.

Nice to see them bring Harrow in to speak. Surprised they didn't bring in Michael Pitt to; would have liked to have heard from him. Same goes for Cannavale.

Gonna miss this show so much.

My favorite thing to do is to rewatch entire series when the series is over. I did it with the Sopranos atleast 5 times since the show ended. I feel like I'm going to be re watching Boardwalk within two weeks after it ends.

Glad I held off on buying the DVD sets each season.

Now I can buy the complete series one time.

Gyp, IMO, was the single-best villain that's ever been on HBO.

As far as the episode from Sunday, I wonder if it's a bit of foreshadowing that the boy that's helping out in the club (that some of us think is Darmody's son) said to Nucky "there are things I can help you with...." This is right before nucky called him a hick and kicked him out. I gotta think he's going to have a huge part in the finale...

Bobby Cannavale killed it with Gyp Rosetti. Winning that emmy was rightfully deserved and earned.

On a side note, it was interesting to get a glimpse of his home life and see how no matter how capricious and explosive he may appear at any moment, he can be contained and diffused with the quickness by one single person - his wife.

Gyp, IMO, was the single-best villain that's ever been on HBO.

As far as the episode from Sunday, I wonder if it's a bit of foreshadowing that the boy that's helping out in the club (that some of us think is Darmody's son) said to Nucky "there are things I can help you with...." This is right before nucky called him a hick and kicked him out. I gotta think he's going to have a huge part in the finale...

When Jimmy can back from the war he said something similar to Nucky. He saw things at the war that changed him and to give him a chance. Really hope that character is Tommy-regardless of how it affects Nucky.

gyp was a boss. he was easily the best enemy nuck had. he really fit the role perfectly. dude legit looked like a psychopath

Back
Top Bottom