Body Repair help

Hey SoCal NTers. I just got rear ended today thanks to the rain. How much do you think it will cost me to fix my bumper?

frown.gif

Easily a few hundred.

What kinda car? the other driver have insurance? details.

What part of SoCal do you live in?

youre gonna need a new bumper and then get it painted - thats the easiest way (and nicer)
what kinda car? id think the bumper would cost $100 and add another $200 for paint. install should be easy.

ISRAEL and SHA77ER -
its a 02 camry. Yeah I did a little online reasearch and the rear bumper was about $50-$100 now the only problem is the paint job. I know my car is silver andits an easy color (so I think). How long would it take me to wait for the bumper to be painted? I guess I could just leave the bumper at the body shop and getit installed myself after its done.

Very fair price.

What site did you find it on? I also need to fix a possible car that I might be buying, a Celica to be exact.

Gooluck getting it all done soon.
happy.gif

paint takes like 3 days and if you have the color code of you car, granted its stock, then youll be fine. but with the cold weather we have and even more rainon the way, its gonna take a couple days longer to get a good dry finish. the shop would probbaly install it for like $25 lol

ISRAEL- I forgot the site but when I find it I will message you. I think if you buy a bumper from them they treat it with primer so that its ready to paint.

Sha77er- I'm not sure if I have the color code. The color is basically silver and I'm assuming its a pretty common paint color.

So how much do you think I should charge the guy who hit my car??

Get some quotes and go from there.

Ex. 3 quotes...

1. 225
2. 250
3. 200

Average it out and itd be $225

Get a few quotes so the guy/lady or insurance co. will see you didnt just get one.

Obviously charge the highest quote you could get. mind youthat you are getting the bumper as if it was new from the dealership which could easilly run $500+and then add paint and labor ($35+/hour for not only installation but painting time too)

once you get the highest quote (probably $600ish) you're gonna put them in a predicament. quotes are done for free...

why would they want their insurance to pay, in which they would have a deductible of $500 and have their premium up when they could just pay youout of theirpocket and avoid the increased premium.

once you get the money, get it done the cheaper way (which is just as good- buy the used bumper, find a paint shop, and install yourself) and pocket therest...

Back
Top Bottom