Bootleggers using NT to make fake Jordan shoes.

A year ago, I had a well respected customizer on the board, C2 customize some jordan 4's pures into a laker colorway for me...

He e-mailed me yesturday. I was sick when he showed me the pic.

The bootleggers took our idea and are now selling them. My question is how do site's like this continue to run? I thought JB wanted to stop fakes but thissite has every jordan under the sun, plus nikes. Its a damn shame

It is sad. They've done that to quite a few of his customs from what I remember.

They've also done it to emmanuellabor. Remember the AF1's with the Jumpman logos all over it? Then JB did that same design on a Nu Retro 1.

Fake are just a part of life... I don't really think JB is in a battle they can win... or if they even want to win. I mean let us not forget the Black CatIV t-shirt JB released with fake IV's on it. 1 site gets taken down 5 more get put up, just the way it is. I think JB is doing just enough to convince thesmall percentage of sneaker buyers that are really sneaker heads like us, that they are cracking down... but it's not a battle they can win so really howmuch money can they put into stopping it?
eyes.gif

I remember fakes were something to be ashamed of... now everyone is wearing them and don't care if they are fakes or not. I mean celebs have been caught inthem, it just bananas.
mad.gif

I applaud your originality but I'm not feeling those IV's at all.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Kid LeBron

dont forget the air force 1 x xx3...... some many fakes now...

Yes....
It was only about a week and a half after we posted those that we got an email from someone showing us that the bootleggers were making them. The bottom line is that they read sites like ours (even though we have blocked a TON of Chinese ISPs), NikeTalk, and a ton of other sneaker sites because theyare trying to trend forecast with their garbage.

I remember when JorOne's entire line of customs were knocked off. You just have to take it as a compliment. Like the line goes, "imitation is thesincerest form of flattery."

Originally Posted by JStar25

I mean let us not forget the Black Cat IV t-shirt JB released with fake IV's on it.

Is that the shirt that they "recalled" and then about 6 months later had it back on the shelves? What a joke.

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Originally Posted by JStar25

I mean let us not forget the Black Cat IV t-shirt JB released with fake IV's on it.

Is that the shirt that they "recalled" and then about 6 months later had it back on the shelves? What a joke.

yessir indeed. I remember that the shirt was a Finishline only item and though I am not 100% confident, I think that with their buying power they have theability to create some ideas for clothing. Either way, someone at JB had to put their stamp on it.

How the items ended back at the outlets I have no idea. A week or two after we posted this story our local outlet no longer had them so either a ton of pplthrew down $19.99 for the shirts or Nike "Did The Right Thing".

Recalled to Resell? "Fake Jordan4" T-shirts at Nike Stores

Is there anywhere we can report the site to?

To be honest I don't see why JB just doesn't have a small department of people who sit on the internet all day and shut down sites like these. Some ofthe fakes on there are so bad. Its like people know they are buying fakes and don't care.

^^ Well people buy fakes because:
1. They think they are real
2. They can't afford real Jordan's
3. They think they are getting "exclusive" sneakers
4. They don't want to have the new pair of "G-Unit's" so, they buy fakes, with colors that were actually made by JB.

If a person is poor, don't look at them in disgust, but if they are rollin' in the mall with a Bentley, and they come out the car with some Jamaicacolored 4's then you should be disgusted. That is just my thought on why people wear fake Jordan etc.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Is there anywhere we can report the site to?

To be honest I don't see why JB just doesn't have a small department of people who sit on the internet all day and shut down sites like these. Some of the fakes on there are so bad. Its like people know they are buying fakes and don't care.
Theres a disclamer on all major fake sites that says something along the lines of

"If you are affiliated with or working for (many companices listed including Nike) or any other related group, or were formally a worker, you CANNOT enterthese web pages..."

for every person that gets taken down for fakes, two more will spring up. its unfortunate but I doubt fakes will ever be completely eliminated, and the factthat more people are increasingly wearing fakes by whatever logic, it even helps spread them
smh

Fakes will continue to exist especially since most of the kicks they put out are highly like by the new generation of kids with their funky !+% colors...

tupac003, how much did he charge if you dont mind me asking? I wonder if he can make some true blue 3's out of some pures

Originally Posted by SneakerNoob791

Fakes will continue to exist especially since most of the kicks they put out are highly like by the new generation of kids with their funky !+% colors...

Back
Top Bottom