BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

Bro WC4s were an easy cop online and there were pairs on shelves the day of release. Maroon 6s sat and collected dust on shelves for weeks after release. Like I said, Nike overestimated demand and produced too many pairs-I think they have addressed this issue with 12s this year (or maybe demand for that particular model is that high) but pretty much every other GR retro has sat or gotten marked down. This would have been unheard of just a few years ago.
WC4 were an easy cop for who? People who happen to live in 1 of the 6 big cities? I seem to recall the SNKRS trail of tears that morning. All the foot sites sold out. Yeah, you had a couple of restocks but those were not only customer rejects but also sold out immediately. There were pairs on shelves day of release??? OMG. 

Nobody wants a maroon 6. 

The fact of the matter is you guys have been abused for so long that a shoe sitting on the shelf on release day is perceived as a failed launch. More pairs manufactured was Nike's way of solving the issue of having to toss the shoe store manager's salad to earn maybe a pair in your size after waiting in the parking lot all night. Something had to be done and they did it. FFS I struck out on royal KOs on NDC. I called customer service that morning to vent and wouldn't get off the phone until she admitted the whole thing (NDC release countdown) was a waste of time. She wasn't allowed to say so nor was she allowed to hang up. It was a 2 hour game of chicken and manager escalation. I remember pleading with them to just make more pairs of shoes people actually want and to chill on the Jordan Superfly's.

Now 2 years later here we are. The SNKRS app is a thing and more pairs are being made. And they're more expensive to thin out the herd.

Last edited:
Like I said, Nike overestimated demand and produced too many pairs.

You actually think that a multi billion dollar company that commands something like 80% of the sneaker market just simply produces too many shoes on a whim? You don't think they spend millions on market research? The reason there are so many pairs out is because in Nikes current position more pairs = more profits. Jordan brand is making MILLIONS of dollars more now than when shoes were selling out morning of release. It's not over production this is exactly how Nike plans it. The technology 90% of jordan Retros is 20+ years old. They've gotten more efficient at making and them and it costs even less to make them now than it did when they first dropped AND retail is significantly higher, it makes complete sense to make as much as possible.

Lets not go overboard here, theres an equilibrium to maintain.

Nike can't make 'as much as possible' because they can easily over saturate the market and damage the right amount of exclusivity it takes to keep the classics desirable over an extended period of time. They had to find the sweet spot between customer satisfaction and exclusivity. Things were severely imbalanced before they switched things up. I think they put too much care into the exclusivity aspect because they thought it was necessary to keep the brand alive. Mark Parker seems too think otherwise.

I think his game plan was to make more of the classics that people grew up with and leave the exclusives to the collabs. 

Last edited:
I think his game plan was to make more of the classics that people grew up with and leave the exclusives to the collabs. 

There are way more retro+ releases and the majority of them sit because they are either boring and uninspired (i.e. NYC 10s, DFA 4s) or utter garbage (orange low 9s, sweater 7s). I will give you that eventually all of these shoes will sell at some price but not after significant markdowns.. Nike still makes money but these releases do nothing to build the brand (not the company), in terms of hype.

Last edited:
When you say they're sitting you're implying that the shoes aren't being bought. If jordan brand is even more profitable now than it was in the past 5 years how is the conclusion you guys are drawing that they aren't selling? If anything it's only taking longer to sell out because the quantity of the products has gone up not because the hype has gone down. It's going to take longer to sell 10,000 shoes than it would to sell 2,000. But that doesn't mean 1. Pairs aren't moving and 2. Jordans aren't popular anymore. They may not have a cult Sneakerhead "exclusive" following anymore but that doesn't mean they're sitting in the sense that some of you are saying.

Last edited:
What insole do these have? Ik some remastered Jordans have an ortholite insole (Cement 4's, Wing it 2's)

Do these have an ortholite insole or just a generic one?

And these available anywhere? I wanna pick up a size 10

Last edited:
The arch is gray, not blue like the cements and chicagos. Unless the blue is further down and the arch isn't cushioned. Im not willing to take the insole out, its glued in like a mofo and the bootie seems like it would cause a nightmare to get it back in.

What insole do these have? Ik some remastered Jordans have an ortholite insole (Cement 4's, Wing it 2's)

Do these have an ortholite insole or just a generic one?

And these available anywhere? I wanna pick up a size 10
I Not Sure The Specifics But the Bordeaux insole isn't the same as the cements. Cements feel like walking on air, Bordeaux feel like standard jb insoles

I Not Sure The Specifics But the Bordeaux insole isn't the same as the cements. Cements feel like walking on air, Bordeaux feel like standard jb insoles

Damn. Is this shoe lightweight? This is my favorite 7 and I want a shoe where I don't really have to worry about paint cracking lol. Although I did put my WC4's through some abuse at Six Flags and nothing yet lol

Last edited:
Damn. Is this shoe lightweight? This is my favorite 7 and I want a shoe where I don't really have to worry about paint cracking lol. Although I did put my WC4's through some abuse at Six Flags and nothing yet lol
Yeah, its the lightest of the classic Js. And I don't know what cements or bordeauxs he has but my bordeaux's cushioning blows the cements out of the water.

Yeah, its the lightest of the classic Js. And I don't know what cements or bordeauxs he has but my bordeaux's cushioning blows the cements out of the water.
you sure about that? my concords are light as hell

Back
Top Bottom