BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

Defineatly a pair I'm going to grab. Never owned a pair of these. Feel like they'll look like boots on me though being a sz 12.

I have no idea what your talking about, the 2011 Bordeaux are on point and that's a fact.
Really? The OG materials were piss poor like that? I'll have to take your word for it...
And we know the green was off...

The retro materials are not piss poor. If you think they are then you have no idea what your talking about.
once again I know the shape is different and the green was off but the fact is the 2011 retro is solid.

The retro materials are not piss poor. If you think they are then you have no idea what your talking about.
once again I know the shape is different and the green was off but the fact is the 2011 retro is solid.
Did the 2011s use durubuck?

Nothing wrong with the 11 retro. Mine are great. Not dead on to the OG but good nontheless. Still look great

Piss poor may have been a bit harsh but you said they were "on point." With color, shape, and material issues I don't buy "on point." I said I'd have to take your word for it regarding the materials. My only experience with durabuck or nubuck material on OG's was the Last Shots and those were absolute butter, which leads me to assume the OG Bordeaux material would have been just as good or better. And I can say from my experience that the '11 Bordeaux material is far inferior to the OG Last Shots. I know it's convoluted and a bit of a stretch but so is "on point."

What does age have to do with anything? If an old head like the way the OGs look and a young head head likes the way the OGs look whats the difference? I have very old shoes too and the thing that changed was they may have gotten tan or brown look because of dirt/dust but not completely changed its color.  And I guess you had something different than what was in those photos, or perhaps they were photoshopped? 

That whole Young people shouldn't complain argument doesn't hold. Whether I'm in my 20s or in my 30s or 40s doesn't further validate someone wanting the original. Thats a dumb af argument you older people always try to use to make yourself seem superior. 

I would love to go in but I won't :rofl:

It has a lot to do with it. You have no reference point to complain. You aren't complaining because you had them. You aren't complaining out of nostalgia.

They're a new sneaker to you. You're just complaining to complain. Why do they need to be exactly like the OG if you never had the OG or saw Jordan play in the OG?

That's why it's funny to me to see young dudes whine about colors when you have people even older than me like jumpmanbostic who don't do it. We're happy to have a sneaker to resemble what we had or wanted and the memories behind it.

and a photo doesn't necessarily show actual colors, because of numerous factors, as displayed by the numerous photos on this board of sneakers. Now attach a 25 year old camera on to it.

The irony is you try to use the complaining as a method to feel superior up here when you have no reference point to be disappointed or upset. You're trying to tell people we should care. But when people who actually lived during that era say we don't care that much, you're upset. Which goes back to what I originally said.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess on point is the wrong way to put it. By saying on point I meant a decent retro, I didn't mean they were exactly the same as the OG's because we all know that's not the case. I guess what I'm trying to say is, people just like to complain about every fine detail about a shoe and it's crazy. OG's had flaws and weren't as perfect as people would like to believe, I had OG's if that means anything.I know the 2011's are not exactly the same as OG's but to say they are crap is just not true.

Last edited:
Dudes trying to have they cake and eat it too. I take it for what it is I know these shoes ain't close to the og which I had in another colorway.

Dudes trying to have they cake and eat it too. I take it for what it is I know these shoes ain't close to the og which I had in another colorway.
That's the same way I treat retros. It is what it is and if I don't like it or don't want them due to some lack of quality or change I pass and keep it moving. No reason to constantly sit and complain/whine about it because nothing is going to change that

Last edited:
It has a lot to do with it. You have no reference point to complain. You aren't complaining because you had them. You aren't complaining out of nostalgia.

They're a new sneaker to you. You're just complaining to complain. Why do they need to be exactly like the OG if you never had the OG or saw Jordan play in the OG?

That's why it's funny to me to see young dudes whine about colors when you have people even older than me like jumpmanbostic who don't do it. We're happy to have a sneaker to resemble what we had or wanted and the memories behind it.

and a photo doesn't necessarily show actual colors, because of numerous factors, as displayed by the numerous photos on this board of sneakers. Now attach a 25 year old camera on to it.

The irony is you try to use the complaining as a method to feel superior up here when you have no reference point to be disappointed or upset. You're trying to tell people we should care. But when people who actually lived during that era say we don't care that much, you're upset. Which goes back to what I originally said.
Okay, I was born in 89 and was about 3 when they came out. I can't remember clearly what they look liked but my pops had em and I remember seeing him wit them and I remember very vaguely my pops watching MJ and the Bulls in 92. The sneaker is not new to me, Ive been around it my whole life. Its because my pops had em and trashed em that I want to own a pair of my own. I'm "complaining" because I want what they put out in 92 not in 2011. Further more, the reason why the old heads complain is because of nostalgia as well. There are plenty of older guys who dislike what is released today across the board. Everyone's complaints and opinion comes from nostalgia which is why age does not matter. You act like I was born in 2003 or something when MJ was old. And looking at old pictures, which are very consistent( 92s had a lighter green, darker midsole, and different shape), my point about the differences still stand. 

Also If you read my initial comments, I'm not complaining, I was saying that I expect the 2015s to be a nicer retro than the 2011. 

If I was an old head I wouldn't try to put down younger people by saying they didn't have the original shoe, I would think its cool that younger kids wanted stuff from my era. Like I said you are trying to sound superior because you are older and are only sounding pretentious. 

Last edited:
Okay, I was born in 89 and was about 3 when they came out. I can't remember clearly what they look liked but my pops had em and I remember seeing him wit them and I remember very vaguely my pops watching MJ and the Bulls in 92. The sneaker is not new to me, Ive been around it my whole life. Its because my pops had em and trashed em that I want to own a pair of my own. I'm "complaining" because I want what they put out in 92 not in 2011. Further more, the reason why the old heads complain is because of nostalgia as well. There are plenty of older guys who dislike what is released today across the board. Everyone's complaints and opinion comes from nostalgia which is why age does not matter. You act like I was born in 2003 or something when MJ was old. And looking at old pictures, which are very consistent( 92s had a lighter green, darker midsole, and different shape), my point about the differences still stand. 

Also If you read my initial comments, I'm not complaining, I was saying that I expect the 2015s to be a nicer retro than the 2011. 

If I was an old head I wouldn't try to put down younger people by saying they didn't have the original shoe, I would think its cool that younger kids wanted stuff from my era. Like I said you are trying to sound superior because you are older and are only sounding pretentious. 

And you're trying to sound superior by nitpicking sneakers that you have no reference point to. If I'm not living in the past, why are you living in it?

Why do they have to be exactly like the OG's for you? Why do the colors have to be the same?

The colors being different is supposed to mean they're garbage or do the colors being different just mean that stuff changes.

And you're trying to sound superior by nitpicking sneakers that you have no reference point to. If I'm not living in the past, why are you living in it?

Why do they have to be exactly like the OG's for you? Why do the colors have to be the same?

The colors being different is supposed to mean they're garbage or do the colors being different just mean that stuff changes.
How do I not have a reference point? And what does me being nostalgic have to do with you?

And JB doesn't just make changes because things just change. There are a number of retros with the exact same colors as the originals. People don't like when they re-release things differently because that is not what people are used to seeing. People are more comfortable with what they know or recognize thats basic psychology lol. Thats why people nitpick. A modern example is the Air Jordan 20 being different. Most of the people here were alive and or conscious of things and were familiar with the strap being dark grey not gold like the 2015.

But honestly I feel like you are just trying to drag this on with your weak azzz arguments and points 
roll.gif

Last edited:
When I was a kid and these came out, I always wondered why everyone made such a fuss about this color way...other than to mix and match with their Cross Colours gear. Still a pass for me but hope the quality is good, nonetheless.

These were one of my 1st pairs of Js, 3rd to be exact, in '92. I haven't had another pair of bordeauxs since. I'm going to cop these but I really hope they have green on the tongue this time around. I'm not really one to nitpick, but that color missing really throws this shoe off for me.

I had the original charcoals too, $25.

How do I not have a reference point? And what does me being nostalgic have to do with you?

And JB doesn't just make changes because things just change. There are a number of retros with the exact same colors as the originals. People don't like when they re-release things differently because that is not what people are used to seeing. People are more comfortable with what they know or recognize thats basic psychology lol. Thats why people nitpick. A modern example is the Air Jordan 20 being different. Most of the people here were alive and or conscious of things and were familiar with the strap being dark grey not gold like the 2015.

But honestly I feel like you are just trying to drag this on with your weak azzz arguments and points :rofl: .

You not realizing you defeated your whole argument :lol:

You're not used to seeing it, so exactly why are you nitpicking them again? You were three when they originally came out and they have only been retroed once unlike most Jordan's.

and comparing a complete color change to shades of a color :lol:

These were one of my 1st pairs of Js, 3rd to be exact, in '92. I haven't had another pair of bordeauxs since. I'm going to cop these but I really hope they have green on the tongue this time around. I'm not really one to nitpick, but that color missing really throws this shoe off for me.

I had the original charcoals too, $25.

That would be based on what pair you get. Tongues vary.

Last edited:
You not realizing you defeated your whole argument
laugh.gif

You're not used to seeing it, so exactly why are you nitpicking them again? You were three when they originally came out and they have only been retroed once unlike most Jordan's.

and comparing a complete color change to shades of a color
laugh.gif

That would be based on what pair you get. Tongues vary.
You're still not making sense as to why I can't comment on old shoes 
ohwell.gif
. I hope I'm not an like you when I'm old. 

The waiting game for pics continues.........
smokin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You're still not making sense as to why I can't comment on old shoes :\ . I hope I'm not an like you when I'm old. 
The waiting game for pics continues.........:smokin

At you thinking 30 something is old. :lol: but a 14 year old would call you old.

Waiting for pics so you can complain some more [shrug]

I think you missed a lot in what I've said. You can complain all you want. At the end of the day, what does it get you? Are the colors going to change?

When Columbia IV's came out and I didn't like them. I didn't complain about it, I just didn't buy them. Why, because from my point of view at the time IV's didn't come with leather. I didn't care if other people liked or bought them. I got the Legend Blue IV's, why, stuff changes.

Too many people think Jordan Brand owes them something. They owe me an exact replica. Instead of looking at themselves as consumers. You don't like it, you just don't buy it.

But then again, I guess when you're "old" you don't care about small ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom