BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

So what are we complaining about today? The lightness of the grey on the Bords?

Luls.

Cats never seen OG VII's in their life other than google images, but they NEED their retros to be exact matches of the OG.

Sorry but i bought ogs the first day they came out so stop with the assumptions

Some people need to stop being jordan sheep and defending every got damn release they do

If its remastered how hard is it to get the colors right?

Its supposed to be remastered after all

The ones in that pic have to be samples by the way. I doubt they release these with oval laces. Unless they had too many oval laces that they had to put them on these

Last edited:
The midsoles need to change tho, og has that near flat finish and the 15' are looking semi glossy

I didnt mind the shiny finish. The lighter colored midsole was the worst out of everything of the 2011

If its not a white or black midsole nike will probably make it glossy nowadays

Last edited:
One thing i will say is the flash on my phone makes the panels alot lighter, as you can see
I'm thinking the look we got of the '15 was in similar light & it's not that dark either. I hope.

It seems like the original tongue pattern didn't have much green. I guess my particular pair as a kid just happened to have one of the big green "pieces". I remember it as such a big part of the shoe.

I could care less about them looking spot on to the OGs. I Just love the shoe period, no matter what shape or shade of grey. However..... Those glossy mountain peaks on the midsole :smh: looks so out of place.

Not a deal breaker though.

I'm thinking the look we got of the '15 was in similar light & it's not that dark either. I hope.

It seems like the original tongue pattern didn't have much green. I guess my particular pair as a kid just happened to have one of the big green "pieces". I remember it as such a big part of the shoe.

Yes i think that the green on the tongue and that bright blue makes the tongue so important

Everyone talking about people who never seen the OGs up close or held them/owned them needs to shut up. 

Everyone can want what they want without having had the OGs. 

The shape of the 15 reminds me of the 2001 raptors, until you had a chance to try on any og seven you will know that the shape matters to

It does look pretty lame trying to make a comparison to an original model you've never seen in real life.

I'm only speaking to those that have never seen OG bordeaux's unless through a computer screen

It does look pretty lame trying to make a comparison to an original model you've never seen in real life.

I'm only speaking to those that have never seen OG bordeaux's unless through a computer screen
I don't think people are comparing, people just want the OG. If you never had something and the chance arises, why would you want something different? 

You can't truly want a replica of something that you never had to begin with. How would you even know the difference?

Last edited:
The thing is that most of the nitpicking of subtle details doesn't add comfort or may not even be aesthetically pleasing but it takes those who own it back to a certain time and moment. That's the thing with a lot of these air Jordan's. When we had them back then, we didn't even care about half of the stuff we do now. They were just really fresh kicks that looked good with our starter jackets and Mike was the man and the ladies thought the shoes looked good on us. When people complain about these minor details it's all because they want to recapture that time period and place of life they were in when these shoes were out. If you've never owned the OG's what's your attachment to the shade of green on the tongue and heel? Because that's the way they're "suppose" to be? Oh.....

Funny part is I've never been a fan of the bordeaux's and won't act like I am now for nostalgic purposes. They were tacky looking in the 90's and are still. Charcoals>>>>>

Last edited:
I think the 15's look good I also think the 11's were fine, and I own a few pairs because no one wanted them in Green Bay. I picked a pair up also 2 monthes later in store, but the 11's the sizing was a pile. The green on the back could have been brighter. I have heard there were pairs with green in tongue but never seen them. They also look great beat up. I have worn one pair 100+ times still look nice and darker . But the ogs I have owned also are 20 some years old and it may harder to get shoes closer to them cause of the materials and factories may not be maybe the glue too. New laws and regulations. Just don't like the price but I ll try to get one after I know how they fit.

Im a 90s baby and i grew up SEEING most of these shoes but never owning them, just because i didnt own most of these shoes dont mean i dont have a attachment to like the person who did own them, we could have seen our older siblings or relatives wearing them and remember them that way. Personally I remember all the OG 13s from TV to ppl wearing them and i could tell you every detail about them except how the insole looked, i grew up around most these and thats why i want them the same way i seen them when i was younger

The colors I want on the tongue are gold, the blue, and green; if they make the green lighter then its would be great.  I want these regardless because there is no way i'm paying $300 for '11s if I could get the '15s for $190.  I wish JB would stop bull******* and just make a decent retro of the shoe.

The thing is that most of the nitpicking of subtle details doesn't add comfort or may not even be aesthetically pleasing but it takes those who own it back to a certain time and moment. That's the thing with a lot of these air Jordan's. When we had them back then, we didn't even care about half of the stuff we do now. They were just really fresh kicks that looked good with our starter jackets and Mike was the man and the ladies thought the shoes looked good on us. When people complain about these minor details it's all because they want to recapture that time period and place of life they were in when these shoes were out. If you've never owned the OG's what's your attachment to the shade of green on the tongue and heel? Because that's the way they're "suppose" to be? Oh.....

Funny part is I've never been a fan of the bordeaux's and won't act like I am now for nostalgic purposes. They were tacky looking in the 90's and are still. Charcoals>>>>>
the attachment comes from seeing the OGs, whether it be online(for most people) or in a magazine. Anyone can nitpick because anyone can purchase these shoes and has the right to prefer one detail to another. Just because you had the OGs, that doesn't mean that your critique is better(unless you are talking about how the shoe feels not looked). I'm sure they don't look too different online in pics than they did on your feet or in your hands. By your logic, if I didn't meet Martin Luther King when he was alive, then I can't have an appreciation for him and his words, or I even criticize him. Or if I didn't hear Thriller or Bad when it was on the radio or MTV, I can't say that they are my favorite MJ albums.

All people young and old can form attachments to things whether they experienced them when it happened or years after in a photo.

I saw pics of Bordeaux's with a brighter green tongue and a certain shape, they are coming out again and I want what I saw in pictures.

Stop being arrogant and elitist y'all.

Last edited:
Release date on these? July 4th or July 18th? I have seen both dates, trying to get clarification. Thanks in advance.

I still don't see these on the kicksonfire app but I see shoes releasing in August,September,October, and November

the attachment comes from seeing the OGs, whether it be online(for most people) or in a magazine. Anyone can nitpick because anyone can purchase these shoes and has the right to prefer one detail to another. Just because you had the OGs, that doesn't mean that your critique is better(unless you are talking about how the shoe feels not looked). I'm sure they don't look too different online in pics than they did on your feet or in your hands. By your logic, if I didn't meet Martin Luther King when he was alive, then I can't have an appreciation for him and his words, or I even criticize him. Or if I didn't hear Thriller or Bad when it was on the radio or MTV, I can't say that they are my favorite MJ albums.

All people young and old can form attachments to things whether they experienced them when it happened or years after in a photo.

I saw pics of Bordeaux's with a brighter green tongue and a certain shape, they are coming out again and I want what I saw in pictures.

You can have a strong appreciation for MLK, I'll just find it weird if you cry on MLK day as if you knew him if you never did.

You can love thriller and bad, but I'll find it weird if you complain about the Quincy Jones remastered edition leaving out the tambourines and high hats in "wanna be starting something" if you weren't around to being accustomed to the original sound of the beat when the song first released.

You can want 2015 bourdeaux's, I'll just find it weird if you complain about the color shade of green when you've never seen that color shade on the shoe in person....

I always like the og vs retro debate and there are great points to both side but IMO i find it weird when dudes want the shoe to be like the og even though they never held or seen it in person. I mean you really have to be studying a shoe hard on computer to notice these subtle differences.

you have to hold/see something in person in order to like/want it? im pretty sure that makes no sense.

Last edited:
That's the thing with a lot of these air Jordan's. When we had them back then, we didn't even care about half of the stuff we do now.

QFT, I remember as a kid doing yardwork in my Bourdeaux OGs.

You all are damn right! We didn't care about them like that back then. It could have been cause we all were kids/teens and didn't put them on a pedestal like people do now. I understand the collection aspect of it and I'm not knocking that but I've always been about wearing my shoes like they're supposed to be used

You can have a strong appreciation for MLK, I'll just find it weird if you cry on MLK day as if you knew him if you never did.

You can love thriller and bad, but I'll find it weird if you complain about the Quincy Jones remastered edition leaving out the tambourines and high hats in "wanna be starting something" if you weren't around to being accustomed to the original sound of the beat when the song first released.

You can want 2015 bourdeaux's, I'll just find it weird if you complain about the color shade of green when you've never seen that color shade on the shoe in person....

So if I owned a pair as a kid and seen OGs literally dozens on times in person I got the right to complain brah?

-And I it funny that in one thread dudes will say it is only the ole heads complaining about shoes not being like OGs, then in other it is younger dudes that have never seen OGs in person.

Dem goal post always seem to be moving to defend JB

Back
Top Bottom