BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

What size? I am still waiting on 2 9.5s.

Also, I just snagged a pair of 11 locally if anybody needs an 11...would like to use them to get the size I need somehow. If I get mine from FNL, whoever wants em for retail..
LoL Mannnnn i told you i Had you.  Chu going out gettin other shoes for?

I stopped watching as soon as I heard "it's bad enough they gave us this cheap as durabuck/nubuck"

Some of you need to start doing reasearch on MJ and his shoes (OGs) before you start investing money into this hobby.
Dude what are you talking about? I'm 36 years old - I had these in 1992 and they did NOT have the "cheap dura/nubuck" that the 2015 Bordeauxs have. That's a fact not an opinion. The OG Bordeauxs had a soft suede-like upper like the 2015 Hares and the 2011 Bordeauxs have. Maybe YOU should do some research.

:stoneface: You're right man these things had that high quality "suede" back in the day :rofl:

View media item 1638972

Last edited:
indifferent.gif
You're right man these things had that high quality "suede" back in the day
roll.gif
You can post all the pics you want - but I actually had them and remember what the upper material felt like. And looking at the pic you posted more closely - you can see scuffs on the tip of the toe box which usually happens to genuine materials. I doubt the 2015s would get scuffed like that. 

OG materials were better but not premium folks. Maybe on the 2s which where made in Italy and the 12s( :smokin ) but not all OGs.

I'm sure compared to the retros they may seem premium but let's be honest

No worries bud. You know what, you are right, the 2015 Bordeauxs have fantastic materials and are exactly like the 1992 release :smile:

And I don't have to do homework - like I said before I had these in 1992 and I remember the soft upper like it was yesterday. It was nothing like what the 2015s have. 

I refuse to be content and give Jordan Brand $200 for mediocre sneakers. 

I had OG Bordeauxs too and the dura buck was okay, not as luxurious as you're making it out to be. It definitely didn't feel like suede at all. And durabuck from back then creased easily. For a durable material, it was far from it

OG this OG that, these guys are really killing me! I've been wearing Js for years and I can give two whether my shoe has a Nike Air or the mold isn't the same! If I like the shoe, I buy it plan and simple! Sometimes I have feelings of nostalgia picking up a pair I owned as a kid and now I'm picking a pair up as an adult. It doesn't bother me one bit about being an OG mold, color way, or Nike Air Branding. I've been lucky enough to grab pairs I-XX (1-20) and ran every last pair into the ground. Now I wish there weren't eBay around in the early 2000s or you can send shoes back to Nike before three years were up (they would accept anything and give you a voucher back when). Those were the days.

Carry on

Last edited by a moderator:
I had OG Bordeauxs too and the dura buck was okay, not as luxurious as you're making it out to be. It definitely didn't feel like suede at all. And durabuck from back then creased easily. For a durable material, it was far from it
I never said it was luxurious or that it was suede. All I said was that it was softer than what the 2015s have and that it was suede-like. 

Can I use this on these? If I can which part of the eraser the nubuck part or suede part?
2015 Bordeauxs have nubuck upper so the brush is definitely safe to use and the the grey part of the eraser is for nubuck. Personally, I havent had success with suede/nubuck erasers but I may be too stupid to use them
laugh.gif

:stoneface: You're right man these things had that high quality "suede" back in the day :rofl:

View media item 1638972

You can post all the pics you want - but I actually had them and remember what the upper material felt like. And looking at the pic you posted more closely - you can see scuffs on the tip of the toe box which usually happens to genuine materials. I doubt the 2015s would get scuffed like that. 

As you can see the durabuck 1991 Black Infrared 6s have similar scuffs to the toe box. The 2014s Black Infrared are made from that "suede-like" (nubuck) material you're referring to.
View media item 1639049
Here's some more durabuck Jordan's
View media item 1639050
View media item 1639051

2015 Bordeauxs have nubuck upper so the brush is definitely safe to use and the the grey part of the eraser is for nubuck. Personally, I havent had success with suede/nubuck erasers but I may be too stupid to use them
laugh.gif

Guess I'll use the Grey part and then brush them afterwards.

OG this OG that, these guys are really killing me! I've been wearing Js for years and I can give two ***** whether my shoe has a Nike Air or the mold isn't the same! If I like the shoe, I buy it plan and simple! Sometimes I have feelings of nostalgia picking up a pair I owned as a kid and now I'm picking a pair up as an adult. It doesn't bother me one bit about being an OG mold, color way, or Nike Air Branding. I've been lucky enough to grab pairs I-XX (1-20) and ran every last pair into the ground. Now I wish there weren't eBay around in the early 2000s or you can send shoes back to Nike before three years were up (they would accept anything and give you a voucher back when). Those were the days.

Carry on
EXACTLY.  lol how old are these dudes, seriously.  No way I'm attempting to prove what I had or didn't have to anyone, what's the point? lol, this is hilarious

I find it kinda hard to belive people can remember how a shoe felt they had in 1992. I had the OG's myself, maybe it's just my fried brain but there's no way I can remember how they felt. You guys have some great memories :lol:

I find it kinda hard to belive people can remember how a shoe felt they had in 1992. I had the OG's myself, maybe it's just my fried brain but there's no way I can remember how they felt. You guys have some great memories
laugh.gif
Maaaan they remember how they felt, the exact colors, EVERYTHING lol, coincidentally, no one (I could be wrong) started caring about the OG materials and such until sneakers started retroing, and I'll venture to say the last 6 or 7 years or so.  Suddenly dudes are vividly remembering details about OGs in an attempt to impress lol

Back
Top Bottom