Boston Celtics: Legit threat for 70 Ws?

Originally Posted by Japs24

lol watch the heat give them their first loss...

Try again next time sir.
roll.gif

The Celtics aren't my team
laugh.gif

The argument that they've had a soft schedule to start the season -- 6 of their first 8 wins are against playoff teams from last season. The point is thatMOST teams in the league can't compete with them and the teams that can, they only play twice. Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Phoenix....even if they lostall of those games, that's 8 losses. I'll just go ahead and call it. 2007/2008 Boston Celtics 70-12.

Originally Posted by tmac360

wait till they play the spurs, mavs, suns, and rox.
laugh.gif
The funny thing is, some of you are acting like those teams are unbeatable or a guaranteed loss for the Celtics when the reality is that those are theonly teams on the Celtics' level.....and that's my whole point.

I dont see the Suns being that big of a problem. The Mavs and the Spurs will be the big test.

I dont know how many of you watched the Nets game from Wednesday, but none of the Big 3 put up more than 20, and we still won by 20. If I was a fan of anyother team, that would scare me.

^Not that impressive. What's the height differential? And what's that...a 4 dunking on a (natural) 2? I'd be impressed if it were the other wayaround.

I say 65 - 67 wins.

But why are you guys saying 70 wins is a dumb prediction? They're 8-0 right now. As of now there's no reason to believe it's impossible becausethey haven't lost.

Plus they only play the good teams (the West's elite) twice each team. Even if they lose them all that's only 8 games. But yes, I agree that Ican't wait to see them play those teams in order to measure how good they really are.

--They blew out the heat by +1 also...
--I give the Celtics 62 wins. Tops. No way they are reaching 70. Let alone 72.

With the East looking both stronger and weaker than ever and the Celtics eating the league so far without breaking a sweat, do they have a real chance to at least tie the record the old Bulls set at 72 wins? What about breaking the record?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ok, can we get some actual thought going into these opinions. Some of you probably said the Patriots would go 8-8 this year. I couldn't care less about Boston, but I enjoy greatness. Somebody tell me why this team doesn't have a real chance to get 70. They have a nearly indestructible player in KG, a pair of 20 ppg scorers in case one goes down, one of the best defenses in the league, great chemistry already, and last I checked they are winning games by an average of 16 points. They play in the east where there is no team they wouldn't be favored against. Anybody?

Agreed. Dudes are talking like the record is untouchable and the Spurs, Suns, Mavs, etc. are unbeatable or automatic losses for the C's. LOL @ dudespredicting "50-53 wins tops"... If this team is healthy they willl easily crack the upper 50's to mid 60's. 70 will be tough, butthere's no question with this talent and the way they've been playing they'll have a legit shot.

SenatorJeffSmith wrote:

Yes, pictures are funny but can you put words together in a sentence and form an argument against facts like this:

[table][tr][th=""]2007-08 Boston Celtics (8-0 Thru 8 Games)[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]On pace to finish: 82-0[/th] [/tr][tr][td]G[/td] [td]DATE[/td] [td]GAME[/td] [td]REC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]11/2[/td] [td]Washington Wizards
W 103-83[/td] [td]1-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]11/4[/td] [td]@Toronto Raptors
W 98-95 (OT)[/td] [td]2-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]11/7[/td] [td]Denver Nuggets
W 119-93[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]11/9[/td] [td]Atlanta Hawks
W 106-83[/td] [td]4-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]11/10[/td] [td]@New Jersey Nets
W 112-101[/td] [td]5-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]11/13[/td] [td]@Indiana Pacers
W 101-86[/td] [td]6-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]11/14[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets
W 91-69[/td] [td]7-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]11/16[/td] [td]Miami Heat
W 92-91[/td] [td]8-0[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th=""]1995-96 Chicago Bulls (7-1 Thru 8 Games)[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]Final Record: 72-10[/th] [/tr][tr][td]G[/td] [td]DATE[/td] [td]GAME[/td] [td]REC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]11/3[/td] [td]Charlotte Hornets
W 105-91[/td] [td]1-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]11/4[/td] [td]Boston Celtics
W 107-85[/td] [td]2-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]11/7[/td] [td]Toronto Raptors
W 117-108[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]11/9[/td] [td]@Cleveland Cavaliers
W 106-88[/td] [td]4-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]11/11[/td] [td]Portland Trail Blazers
W 110-106[/td] [td]5-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]11/14[/td] [td]@Orlando Magic
L 88-94[/td] [td]5-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]11/15[/td] [td]Cleveland Cavaliers
W 113-94[/td] [td]6-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]11/17[/td] [td]New Jersey Nets
W 109-94[/td] [td]7-1[/td] [/tr][/table]

Yes, pictures are funny but can you put words together in a sentence and form an argument against facts like this:
To even compare the Celtics to a championship, 72 win team (with the best player of all time) after 8 regular season games is absolutely absurd.

I think we actually match up well with Phoenix. They don't scare me. They love the pick and roll with Amare and Nash and we have the best pick and rolldefender the league has ever seen. The 70 win talk is way, way too premature, though. I also hate when people bring up the idea that one of the big three aregoing to get injured. That's just dumb. The Bulls wouldn't have won 72 if Scottie or Michael went down.

Pierce is hurting so tomorrow in Orlando will be a test for this team. Orlando's looking good thus far, but how in the world are they going to cover Rayand Paul?

I want to see if the Celtics can keep this up around February and March without a bench and other teams in the league hitting full stride. The Celtics shouldwin 55 games.

Blah blah blah...........who wouldv'e known a thread like this would come up
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

They'll win between 60-65 games in my eyes.

Ah, the annual "can the team with the best record after a handful of games" beat the 72-10 Bulls record thread. NOW it truly feels like a regularseason.

I'm not crowning them or anything but I really didn't understand how anyone underestimated them. Some people on here were saying outlandish things likethey would struggle to make the playoffs or be like an 8 seed. Are you serious?
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom