bout to get laid off (hopefully not)

yup my company is cutting 4000 jobs and i might be gettin cut Loose... sux man.

btw i work for wyndham vacation ownership

this is really the hot topic these days.................2009 is really only gonna get worse huh?

Especially that the holidays are coming up its gotta be rough. This actually just happened to my mom last week, her last day is friday. It was between her or asingle mother with a young child and my mom asked them to let her go because my dad has a stable income.

I just started with my current company in June of this year and already they have had like 3 rounds of layoffs. some of them mind boggling. These guys havebeen here for ages and just get handed walking papers.

They are also planning on moving my department to another section of the building and its kinda weird considering we will probably be taking over where theformer employees used to sit.

Yep, happened to me at the end of Oct. The worse part is no one is really hiring either. That's why I'm on NT somuch more now. Nothing to do but workout, play Xbox, and drink...
laugh.gif

At first I just read "I'm about to get laid"

My mom almost lost her job a few months back, they got rid of her department and put ONE person in another area. She works for fifth third. She hates her newjob there, but I keep telling her to be thankful she has a job with todays economy.

If you collect unemployment, then kick back until you feel like findin' another job [that's what I did, be smart, don't be a ******].

Thing is, I want a job now 'cause chillin' at my house all day got old about 2 months ago. I been laid off since June/July by the way.

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

If you collect unemployment, then kick back until you feel like findin' another job [that's what I did, be smart, don't be a ******].

Thing is, I want a job now 'cause chillin' at my house all day got old about 2 months ago. I been laid off since June/July by the way.

You sound like a kid I used to work with, he got fired in like April and hasn't found a job since, he doesn't go to school either, so I'm like wahtdo you do all day? I'm friends with one of his roommates and they say he sleeps til about 3, gets up, plays video games, and then goes back to bed... Iwould get so bored and feel so worthless.

Thing is he hasnt even looked for a job.

Make sure you used all you benifits from the company first( ea. Dental, vision, health ect..) before it expired.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

this is really the hot topic these days.................2009 is really only gonna get worse huh?

Some predict a million+ people will be laid off each month next year. I dont know.

SMHatYOuuuU wrote:
yup my company is cutting 4000 jobs and i might be gettin cut Loose... sux man.

btw i work for wyndham vacation ownership
smh.gif
at you getting laid off

Well time to try and get another job, Federal Government FTW

ive been in ultra save mode of late. forget trying to look fly. i work in the corporate office of a well known preppy retailer who is doing decent of late, butin this economy anything is possible and it can go from bad to horrible in the blink of an eye.

Originally Posted by ridikuloz

wyndam eh? are you a telemarketer? they keep calling me
indifferent.gif

na not a telemarketer...but anyways ive been saving like crazy lately for this moment. this is the second batch of lay offs for this year. theyve also beengiving out random drug tests like crazy as well trying to catch people slippin.
indifferent.gif

I got laid off from the railroad today. It usually only last a couple months but I'm still sad. I have about 7k in the bank. That should pay the bills fora while but I want to find a small job asap.

Good luck to everyone out there in my shoes.

damn fam im sorry to hear that....how long had you been at the railroad job? good thing you got 7k saved. ive got enough saved for about 4months of necessarybills. damn its a tough world out there keep your head up

Originally Posted by 718stylez

ive been in ultra save mode of late. forget trying to look fly. i work in the corporate office of a well known preppy retailer who is doing decent of late, but in this economy anything is possible and it can go from bad to horrible in the blink of an eye.

for real though. im really making that a goal for next year.

u guys think theres any good investment out rightnow? seeing all these people loosing there jobs.. gotta be another way to get some income..

Originally Posted by LAzianBoi

u guys think theres any good investment out rightnow? seeing all these people loosing there jobs.. gotta be another way to get some income..

is this the first serious post you ever made my man?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

I got laid off from the railroad today. It usually only last a couple months but I'm still sad. I have about 7k in the bank. That should pay the bills for a while but I want to find a small job asap.

Good luck to everyone out there in my shoes.
i'm sorry to hear that...
frown.gif
...good luck and wish you thebest...hope you find something soon

for those people that got laid off or are lazy, go back to school and get a masters degree.... rather than lying around, at least make yourself useful for 2years and prepare yourself for good pay when things pick up again in 2010-2011, you ain't getting any younger laying around.....

Back
Top Bottom