bout to get laid off (hopefully not)

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

If you collect unemployment, then kick back until you feel like findin' another job [that's what I did, be smart, don't be a ******].

Thing is, I want a job now 'cause chillin' at my house all day got old about 2 months ago. I been laid off since June/July by the way.
Yo, I been thinkin about actually doin this after losing my job at Circuit City
laugh.gif
How was your break? How much did you get from unemployment? Sounds bad, but...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

SMHatYOuuuU wrote:
yup my company is cutting 4000 jobs and i might be gettin cut Loose... sux man.

btw i work for wyndham vacation ownership
smh.gif
at you getting laid off

Well time to try and get another job, Federal Government FTW

i wish it was that easy to get in. im just a contractor now. but im looking to get in asap (federal gov that is)

for those people that got laid off or are lazy, go back to school and get a masters degree.... rather than lying around, at least make yourself useful for 2 years and prepare yourself for good pay when things pick up again in 2010-2011, you ain't getting any younger laying around.....
you must be a young'n. if only it were that easy.

Damn man, i keep comin across these threads...yall who lost jobs, stay up man. Good luck to everyone else too. got a dude worried when i graduate and starttruly lookin for work.

havent got laid off yet, but its pretty expected. never thought i would be in this position. getting my resume ready just in case it happens. def not gonna besum1 who sits around collecting unemployment and hanging out all day. that kinda life seems to boring

Originally Posted by SMHatYOuuuU

havent got laid off yet, but its pretty expected. never thought i would be in this position. getting my resume ready just in case it happens. def not gonna be sum1 eho sits around collecting unemployment and hanging out all day. that kinda life seems to boring
idk if you have answered this but where do you work?

My dad just got laid off yesterday
tired.gif

Larry D. De Shon
Executive Vice President, Operations
November 7, 2008
Dear Colleagues:
The slowdown in the global economy, along with the problems in the credit markets and increasing energy costs, has created unprecedented new challenges formany industries including travel. The impact of this slowdown on the vehicle rental industry is especially severe, as evidenced by the steep declines in ourstock price as well as those of our competitors.
A core strength of the Avis Budget Group business model is the ability to ensure that our fleet, operations and other significant cost items are properlyaligned with our rental volume forecasts. We have the ability to increase the size of our fleet and operations when business volumes have been high, and reducethem during lower volume periods. While we believe that travel will, in time, return to the steady growth of past decades, we currently are forecasting reducedtravel volumes for the fourth quarter of 2008 and into 2009. As a result, we are taking steps to reduce our fleet as well as both Avis and Budget operationalcosts. This, unfortunately, will not be enough; along with other cost savings measures, we must further reduce the size of our workforce.
The Company has decided to offer eligible U.S.-based employees a Limited Voluntary Opportunity Plan ("LVOP") to elect resignation from employment inreturn for enhanced severance benefits. The LVOP program is described in the attached pages. Your participation and your decision to resign are completelyvoluntary. If you wish to participate in this Limited Voluntary Opportunity Plan you must follow the instructions contained in the LVOP Program Description andsubmit the completed Election to Participate by November 17, 2008. Thereafter, you will be notified whether your request to participate was accepted ordeclined. Once you have volunteered for termination, however, you may not change your mind about having your employment come to an end. This decision isirrevocable.
Following the close of this Limited Voluntary Opportunity Plan on November 17, 2008, the Company will assess whether a sufficient number of persons haveelected to terminate their employment pursuant to the LVOP. The Company anticipates that fewer than the optimal number will choose to separate employment, andso the Company expects to announce involuntary layoffs to achieve the necessary workforce level realignment. The exact date of the involuntary layoff has notyet been determined but it can be expected to occur in the first week of December, 2008. The enhanced severance benefits available through the LimitedVoluntary Opportunity Plan will NOT be available in the case of termination due to involuntary layoff.
The Company reserves the right to reject the voluntary termination election of an eligible employee, and to terminate this program or to change its terms atany time, with or without notice, at its sole discretion. Similar offerings, if any, to international employees will be communicated under separate cover.
As always, thank you for your professionalism, dedication and hard work.

AT MY JOB WE GOT THIS LAST MONTH HANDED TO US......ONLY A HAND FULL OF PEOPLE NATIONWIDE TOOK IT AND THEY HAVE ALREADY CUT A LOT OF ANDMINISTRATION POSTITIONSSINCE THEN. AND THIS WEEK WE LEARNED THAT OUR FACILITY IS SAFE FROM THE LAYOFFS AND THEY ARE DONE LAYING FOLKS OFF...... ONE GUY I WORK WITH TOOK THE SEVERANCEAND NOW IS FEELING PRETTY SILLY I THINK. I WAS REALLY STRESSING WHEN THEY HANDED THIS TO US AT WORK AND DIDNT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF LAID OFF. IM GLAD ITS ****OW AND ANYONE ELSE GOING THRU LAY OFF PERIOD OR CLOSE TO IT KEEP YOUR HEAD UP.

THIS IS THE COMPENSATION CHART.........IT SUCKS IMO....

[table][tr][td]
Completed Service Years
[/td] [td]
NON- MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEES

[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Weeks of Severance Pay Added Weeks[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]L1 Year[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1 2[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]0 0[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1 2[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]3[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]0[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]3[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]3 Years 4 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]4 5[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]0 0[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]4 5[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]5 Years 6 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]6 7[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2 2[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]8 9[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]7 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]8[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]10[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]8 Years 9 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]9 10[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]11 12[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]10 Years 11 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]11[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]13[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]12 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]13[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]15[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]13 Years 14 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]14 15[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]16 17[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]15 Years 16 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]16[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]18 19[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]17 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]18[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]20[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]18 Years 19 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]19 20[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]21 22[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]20 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]21[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]4[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]25[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]21 Years 22 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]22 23[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]4 4[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]26 27[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]23 Years 24 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]24 25[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]28 29[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]25 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]26[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]30[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]26 Years 27 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]27 28[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]31 32[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]28 Years 29 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]29 30[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]33 34[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]30 Years[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]31[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]35[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

heres the letter/emal we got at work yesterday
indifferent.gif

December 8, 2008

Dear Wyndham Vacation Ownership Associates:

Over the last several weeks our senior leadership team has been working through a series of strategies to sustain our business in the absence of a fully functioning credit market and in the face of a deepening global financial crisis.

As you know, these unprecedented conditions have already forced us to significantly limit the development of new inventory, slow the pace of our sales and marketing activities, and resize our organization to correspond with lower projected revenues in 2009. These initiatives were developed and implemented in early October with the expectation that market conditions would gradually improve with the approval of a $700 billion rescue plan intended to help recapitalize our financial system and resume the flow of credit to businesses like ours. Unfortunately, neither has been the case and it increasingly appears that the credit markets on which our business has traditionally depended will remain impaired for the foreseeable future.

In light of these circumstances, Wyndham Worldwide today announced an aggressive plan to eliminate its reliance on the asset backed securities markets through further reductions in future timeshare development, sales and marketing activities. This plan will reduce WVO's gross VOI sales to approximately $1.2 billion in 2009 - a 40% reduction from projected gross VOI sales in 2008. This proactive resizing of our business will not only eliminate our need to access the securitization markets during 2009, but will also provide us with the flexibility to continue to run the business without accessing these credit markets in the future, should they fail to recover.

In simple terms, these actions will help ensure that the future of our business is more directly tied to our own performance and much less susceptible to external factors beyond our control. Given the continued state of uncertainty surrounding banking and financial systems both here and abroad, this plan is a critical means to providing long-term security and stability to both WVO and Wyndham Worldwide.

Unfortunately, right-sizing our business to correspond with a considerably reduced level of sales will also require a significant reduction in our workforce affecting approximately 4,000 employees. As with our previous actions in October, these reductions will occur in virtually every area of our business and impact personnel at all levels. In addition to further site closures and the elimination of numerous marketing programs and functions, significant reductions will also occur among our corporate support staff as we narrow the focus of our operations and support a smaller overall organization.

While we anticipate Wyndham Vacation Ownership will remain the world's largest timeshare developer even after these reductions, decreasing our pace of sales by such a significant margin will require much more than a corresponding downsizing of our operations. In fact, we must reshape and restructure the business from top to bottom - both to maximize efficiencies and ensure we can meet the challenges of a changing marketplace. This will take time and I ask for your patience as we work through the complexities of this task over the next several weeks. We are highly sensitive to the unfortunate timing of these actions and the needs of our associates facing an imminent transition, and will notify those affected as quickly as possible.

Although we are among countless other companies feeling the effects of frozen credit markets and an economy in turmoil, these are exceptionally painful steps to take for an organization like ours with outstanding products that continue to sell and extraordinary people who continue to give their best each and every day. And while we cannot change the external events and circumstances that brought us to this place, we can recommit ourselves to overcome these challenges and remain atop the vacation ownership industry for many years to come.

Sincerely,

Franz S. Hanning

President & CEO

Originally Posted by JP310

idk if you have answered this but where do you work?

My dad just got laid off yesterday
tired.gif
sorry about ur pops man
tired.gif

i work for wyndham vacation resorts down in south florida's call center

those of you who got laid off i feel for you. i just got laid off this past friday. supervisor had me come into the conference room late friday afternoon andstraight up told me he had to let me go. i already saw it coming since the HR rep was waiting inside the room. moreover, my workload was too light the past fewweeks and my company chose not to shut down during the holidays like they normally do. looks like im filing for unemployment and starting up the grad schoolapplication process. on top of that im moving back home to the bay. kinda missed home though so i consider that a plus out of all this.

Back
Top Bottom