Boy Scouts:"We're Keeping Policy Banning Gays"

Meek Mealsy all for gay rights, but Meek Mealsy wouldn't want his future child to be sleeping in the same tent or near a dude who liked the sausage. It's just more likely for incidents to happen when the camp leader likes the peen peen.

They can gets down funky like that outside of the camp site, keep it away from the kids, jafeel me?

Last edited:
no thoughts at all...its the right thing to do...*****exuality is a threat to man for obvious reasons. no debate, no opinions unless your a %!%*!@ with them.

sexual energy is so important. and its just abused in this sick sex soaked culture...it really is the devils business. sex is meant for reproducing. not sense gratification.
There is evidence that people can be born gay:

In fact one of the leading names in so called "reparative therapy" has RENOUNCED his theories and his efforts to understand *****exuality. www.nytimes.com/2012/05/19/health/dr-robert-l-spitzer-noted-psychiatrist-apologizes-for-study-on-gay-cure.html?pagewanted=all

As such there is even evidence that extremely homophobic people have been shown to harbor *****exual tendencies themselves: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/homophobic-maybe-youre-gay.html

In fact the concept of "*****exuality" and "heterosexuality" are fairly new in the first place. Sexual identification hasn't always been as "streamlined" as it appears: http://www.salon.com/2012/01/22/the_invention_of_the_heterosexual/
Their trying to avoid specific behavior from scouts on camping trips, Coming from an ex-scout, a lot of questionable stuff went down and will continue to go down regardless if they allow openly gay males/females or not.
I was an Eagle Scout and never saw anything remotely questionable. We were a big troop with around 30-40 scouts at a time. I look back on how we did things and I'm really grateful for the experience...I'm not religious now (they don't accept open non-believers either) but i'm thankful to had the leaders we did and how involved they were. In fact we were pretty open to many other members and backgrounds. We weren't really that religious OR that excluding towards gays...I don't think. I know my experience was probably rare in comparison to many others. 
well it is a private organization that can do whatever it wants. Its kind like the KKK saying no gays...
Agreed...and looking back I don't know if I would have done it. 
When it's all males, it's a lot easier to relate *****exuality with pedophilia than it is heterosexuality, no? What would a potential heterosexual pedo do with kids of the same gender? Not sure, but I'd take my chances. I say protect the kids, even it offends some adults. 
Protect them from what?

You're making it seem like *****exuals are pedophiles, which you even realize isn't the same thing.
About 10% of the population is *****exual. So in a pack of say 20 boys, 2 of them are most likely gay.

The thing is, sexuality shouldn't be a part of boy scouts, period.

Its funny because the Girl Scouts are actually more tolerant of religions and sexuality than the boy scouts are. Its kinda funny.
Im so tired of this gay @*!*....*****exuality is a phenomena yet *****exuals act like they deserve some kind of formal  rights...nothing is stopping you from being gay other than the fact that *****exuality is an abomination....*****exuals do NOT  constitute  their own class..they do NOT  have their own cultural customs...they deserve nothing formal but they have the ability to secure influential positions for themselves due to closeted *****exual fraternization...and thats actually a disadvantage for heterosexuality...I swear people dont think.

i get even more pissed when people try to align this gay rights thing with institutionalized racism...it couldnt be more far from the truth.
This guy seems angry...

Even if being gay is a choice, do they not deserve the same rights and protection under the law that you enjoy?
All you guys in here are sounding like the 2012 version of...

KKK

Just because someone is gay doesn't mean he's gonna touch your little boy.

This whole thing reminds me of an episode of Penn and Teller's "BS" on Boy Scouts:

There might be some strong language but I think it handles the messages of whats going on pretty clearly

Last edited:
^^^^ But how would a gay gene get passed on if they can't reproduce?
As I understand it, *****exuality, that is same sex attraction, can be either a choice OR induced based on genetic OR congenital conditions. 

Its not about "passing on a gene" as much as it is that gay individuals occur in society. 

Its just a fact.

Most "higher" species tend to also exhibit *****exuality or same-sex relationships too. Humans aren't any different in that regard: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*****exual_behavior_in_animals

There are other physical characteristics that have been observed across *****exual populations:

For example, the Third Interstitial Nucleus of the Anterior Hypothalamus (INAH3) is shown to be different sizes in *****exual men as opposed to heterosexual men. The INAH-3 in *****exual men is smaller than heterosexual men and similar in size to heterosexual women. Another area of the brain called the suprachiasmic nucleus (SCN) is, on average, twice the size in *****exual men than heterosexual men. *****exual men also have higher levels of circulating androgens (a class of hormones including testosterone) and have larger penises on average than heterosexual men. *****exual women are thought to be exposed to higher levels of androgens during prenatal development. 

A major point is that while *****exuality in animals is bad for the propagation of the individual's genes, it appears to create more healthy animal societies overall, so from a larger-scale standpoint it's beneficial.

Also, keep in mind that evolution isn't an arrow (teleological), and not everything that we observe is perfectly suited for the continuation of the species. For example, extreme aggression at this point is both common among human individuals and bad for the species as a whole.

It's possible that, at some point in the future, *****exuality in animals will cease to exist, or, more likely, that more animals will develop bisexual tendencies with loosely-formed familial units.

Also, they're not sure if there is ONE gene that codes for "gay" but rather a multitude of poorly understood conditions at the time.

The fact of the matter is, being gay used to be defined in the DSM but is no longer done because its not seen as a disease or mental disorder anymore.

Plus, who wakes up wanting to be hated by the world for who they love? Thats a hell of a "choice" to make. 

Last edited:
Umm, don't ask don't tell. If someone was gay and wanted to be a boy scout or a troop leader, they could just not tell. You going to run them through a gaydar or something?

And it's a fallacy to assume an openly gay individual is more likely to sexually abuse your boy then a closeted pedo anyways. What about all the Catholic priests and Cardinals who have been booty touching? Jerry Sandusky? Eddie Long?

Of course all the religious zealots will act like gay is the only sin and by being against it they are winning some kind of Jesus points, all the while ignoring the other plurality of sins they commit themselves or how infallible they are not.

The Bible also says to eat seafood is an abomination. Let's see some of you thumpers champion that cause.

Umm, don't ask don't tell. If someone was gay and wanted to be a boy scout or a troop leader, they could just not tell. You going to run them through a gaydar or something?
And it's a fallacy to assume an openly gay individual is more likely to sexually abuse your boy then a closeted pedo anyways. What about all the Catholic priests and Cardinals who have been booty touching? Jerry Sandusky? Eddie Long?
Of course all the religious zealots will act like gay is the only sin and by being against it they are winning some kind of Jesus points, all the while ignoring the other plurality of sins they commit themselves or how infallible they are not.
The Bible also says to eat seafood is an abomination. Let's see some of you thumpers champion that cause.
Actually, in my kinda "age group" we had 3-4+ kids who realized they were non-believers and two gay kids a few years after we graduated high school. Both of the dads of the gay kids were assistant scout masters.

Neither one of the gay kids ever had weird childhoods or anything like that. One's dad was a lawyer and the other worked as a mechanic at a local airline and both were SUPER masculine. The two gay kids were super normal kids...normal in the sense that they had the stereotypical middle class, mom-dad-sibling raising as well. They were pretty normal. One of the kids I wasn't surprised by but the other was shocked me years later. 

I've seen kids grow up in really normal and endowed homes that ended up gay. Having a broken childhood or not having a father figure clearly was not a factor in those kids, nor is it everyone else.

People are quick to scape-goat their problems with *****exuals on religion and then when that fails they invoke the pedophilia. It all comes down to education and tolerance.

fortunately, i think i can say with some confidence that the boy scouts will find themselves on the wrong side of history on this one.

who wants to be a boy scout anyway . play some damn sports

I'm an Eagle Scout and I've played sports my entire life. Don't be ignorant kiddo.

Another thing to think about; picture yourself as a typical, immature American 13 year old kid and you had an openly gay Scoutmaster? Would you feel comfortable being out in the woods alone with this dude? Whether the threat is real or imagined, alot of kids probably aren't mature enough to be tolerant in this kind of situation.

Another thing to think about; picture yourself as a typical, immature American 13 year old kid and you had an openly gay Scoutmaster? Would you feel comfortable being out in the woods alone with this dude? Whether the threat is real or imagined, alot of kids probably aren't mature enough to be tolerant in this kind of situation.

your question seems to operate on the assumption that all openly gay adult males are child molesters....

I'm actually pretty surprised that you guys keep drawing parallels between *****exuals and pedophiles as if they're one in the same.

Now I know why you guys are so homophobic.

The gay man is surely a pedophile and he's after your kids.

You've got to be kidding me :smh:

your question seems to operate on the assumption that all openly gay adult males are child molesters....

Not in the least. Did you miss the part where we are taking this from the perspective of a 13 year old? "Whether the threat [of being touched inappropriately] is real or imagined" While adults know that gays don't equate to pedo's, a child may not make that same connection. Maybe I didn't make that clear but don't put words in my mouth either.

Not in the least. Did you miss the part where we are taking this from the perspective of a 13 year old? "Whether the threat [of being touched inappropriately] is real or imagined" While adults know that gays don't equate to pedo's, a child may not make that same connection. Maybe I didn't make that clear but don't put words in my mouth either.
Actually adults don't know, and that seems to be the problem as well as the basis of this ruling.

was not trying to put words in your mouth... that's why i said your post "seems to" imply a certain thing. in other words, that was my interpretation.

so instead of making a statement of interpretation, i'll ask a question: are you suggesting that children should be wary/suspicious of gay adults?

was not trying to put words in your mouth... that's why i said your post "seems to" imply a certain thing. in other words, that was my interpretation.
so instead of making a statement of interpretation, i'll ask a question: are you suggesting that children should be wary/suspicious of gay adults?

Not that they should, but in reality most probably are. Children are well aware of the numerous derogatory slurs towards gays and the negative connotations that they have. People fear what they don't understand and with kids, that fact is only exacerbated.

I'm an Eagle Scout and I've played sports my entire life. Don't be ignorant kiddo.
if we had decent education, yes, kids would be capable of tolerance in this situation. the problem is that you have people (much like some of the individuals in this topic) who are so incredibly homophobic that they don't want their children to ever be exposed to the concept because they think that being gay is something you can catch like the common cold. i've known about and understood the concept of *****exuality since i was about five years old. i'm not gay, i just accept that some individuals have a different sexual orientation than me.

What a great lesson to teach those Boy Scouts! Hey, we want you to become an upstanding young man, but first you must understand that *****exuals are not welcome in our group.

Last I checked, boys want to join the Scouts to learn how to build fires, canoe, hike, etc. Not be force-fed some bigoted ideals. Way to go, adults!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom