Boyle Heights Gangs

i work in commerce. a lot of my co-workers are from east la and we hang out at their houses and party late at night. it's not dangerous as long as you mind your own and be smart just like any other town. people here are ignorant or just exaggerating a bit. now compton or richmond are cities where i'd feel unsafe

Like everyone said just mind your business and be chill you should be ok.

Like everyone said just mind your business and be chill you should be ok.

I grew up in Highland Park/Eagle Rock area, one of the first Asian families in that area.  One of like 7 total. Not really a super dangerous place but not Brentwood or Malibu either.

I think you survived your 1st week and you should learn quick.  As long as you dont draw attention to yourself.  Dress like a college student and mind your business.  As long as you dont LOOK like anything or anyone (gangster, tagger, tourist, target) you should be fine.  Just stay real casual and the more the homeboys see you the better, they just dont like others coming in their area.

It is sort of a weird "protection" bubble living in high gang areas.  Think about it..the gangsters all grew up there, they all know each other, they know who lives where and who belongs there and who doesnt.  They def protect their own. 

I grew up in Highland Park/Eagle Rock area, one of the first Asian families in that area.  One of like 7 total. Not really a super dangerous place but not Brentwood or Malibu either.

I think you survived your 1st week and you should learn quick.  As long as you dont draw attention to yourself.  Dress like a college student and mind your business.  As long as you dont LOOK like anything or anyone (gangster, tagger, tourist, target) you should be fine.  Just stay real casual and the more the homeboys see you the better, they just dont like others coming in their area.

It is sort of a weird "protection" bubble living in high gang areas.  Think about it..the gangsters all grew up there, they all know each other, they know who lives where and who belongs there and who doesnt.  They def protect their own. 

From my experiences out there...if your black you dont have any business out there...everyone else is fine long as your not drawing attention to yourself

From my experiences out there...if your black you dont have any business out there...everyone else is fine long as your not drawing attention to yourself

Originally Posted by will sterile

nt'er "OG2345" lives out there in East LA

hes a cool dude, hit him up

haha, thanks for just putting me on blast there making me look like I run the streets out in ELA/ Boyle Heights
roll.gif

Actually, I live in East LA, which is seperated from Boyle Heights, BUT, I did grow up in Boyle Heights and work in the area and very familiar with pretty much the whole BH area.
Again, thanks for making me look sooooo HOOD!
indifferent.gif

haha, thanks for just putting me on blast there making me look like I run the streets out in ELA/ Boyle Heights
roll.gif

Actually, I live in East LA, which is seperated from Boyle Heights, BUT, I did grow up in Boyle Heights and work in the area and very familiar with pretty much the whole BH area.
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

hahahaha!

are you tutoring at midnight?! are you going to drive-up in a lowrider?!

Honestly, just go to work and you'll be fine.

hahahaha!

are you tutoring at midnight?! are you going to drive-up in a lowrider?!

Honestly, just go to work and you'll be fine.

Almost all my fam graduated from Garfield, every generation up until mine grew up in East LA (not BH, but close), and a few of them still live around there. Spent almost every summer as a kid around there with my grandma, have tons of good memories.

Just be cool and you'll be fine. Most people are nice, down to earth, etc; me and my fam are Japanese, never been hassled once.

Almost all my fam graduated from Garfield, every generation up until mine grew up in East LA (not BH, but close), and a few of them still live around there. Spent almost every summer as a kid around there with my grandma, have tons of good memories.

Just be cool and you'll be fine. Most people are nice, down to earth, etc; me and my fam are Japanese, never been hassled once.

Back
Top Bottom