Braces Vs Strapping

So just wondering, for the people who ball with weak ankles, what do you currently wear? Do you tape your ankles, or do you wear braces/wraps. Personally, i used to roll mine quite often, switched to McDavid ankle braces 4 years ago and never done it since. 

So just wondering, for the people who ball with weak ankles, what do you currently wear? Do you tape your ankles, or do you wear braces/wraps. Personally, i used to roll mine quite often, switched to McDavid ankle braces 4 years ago and never done it since. 

Originally Posted by wildcat1451

Which ankle braces that you use ? I haven't rolled my ankle for at least 6 months but sometimes I feel like I need to wear ankle brace for some shoes

Originally Posted by wildcat1451

Which ankle braces that you use ? I haven't rolled my ankle for at least 6 months but sometimes I feel like I need to wear ankle brace for some shoes

When I saw Derrick Rose' Adidas Speedwrap on the internet more than a year ago, I knew it's the one for me.
I always play ball with high tops sneakers. And as a matter of fact, I've never own any low cut sneakers.
Getting that Adidas Speedwrap was the best decision I've ever made! I got a pair for both of my ankles, coz there's no point of only having to wear one.
What's great about it is that you don't even have to wear an extra bigger sneaker, because it fits right in!

When I saw Derrick Rose' Adidas Speedwrap on the internet more than a year ago, I knew it's the one for me.
I always play ball with high tops sneakers. And as a matter of fact, I've never own any low cut sneakers.
Getting that Adidas Speedwrap was the best decision I've ever made! I got a pair for both of my ankles, coz there's no point of only having to wear one.
What's great about it is that you don't even have to wear an extra bigger sneaker, because it fits right in!

Man, i wish i didn't have to wear the bigger sneaker. I have to go .5 size up and with the new lebrons it is a major struggle to fit without cutting off the circulation to my legs! So what are the Adidas Speedwrap like?? i've never seen them before. Had a quick google of them but i'd love to hear some impressions

Man, i wish i didn't have to wear the bigger sneaker. I have to go .5 size up and with the new lebrons it is a major struggle to fit without cutting off the circulation to my legs! So what are the Adidas Speedwrap like?? i've never seen them before. Had a quick google of them but i'd love to hear some impressions

Oh and i wear the McDavid Ultralites on both feet. But thinking about getting a pair of ASO ankle braces and see how they compare.

Oh and i wear the McDavid Ultralites on both feet. But thinking about getting a pair of ASO ankle braces and see how they compare.

It gives you freedom to be able to do what you want to do without having any doubt on breaking your ankle, etc.
To some they say it reduces your movements because your feet can't breathe with that thing added to your shoes, but to me and my cousins who got it, it gives us better performance on court.
One thing I did for sure though when I got it, I used it around the house to break 'em in coz I have to get used to them while playing on the court.
I was able to jump and land without thinking of a cramp happening (it's pretty cold up here in Canada so this is common), thanks to the speedwrap.
Although it cost me $100 for two of those Adidas speedwrap, I never regret buying it.
It's hard to get from here in Canada though, coz they're only in U.S.
I had to ask a friend from Seattle if he's okay with me sending the speedwrap at his place and then he'll send it down here after.
But other than that, you'll love it. Coz it's not as stiff as everyone else says.

It gives you freedom to be able to do what you want to do without having any doubt on breaking your ankle, etc.
To some they say it reduces your movements because your feet can't breathe with that thing added to your shoes, but to me and my cousins who got it, it gives us better performance on court.
One thing I did for sure though when I got it, I used it around the house to break 'em in coz I have to get used to them while playing on the court.
I was able to jump and land without thinking of a cramp happening (it's pretty cold up here in Canada so this is common), thanks to the speedwrap.
Although it cost me $100 for two of those Adidas speedwrap, I never regret buying it.
It's hard to get from here in Canada though, coz they're only in U.S.
I had to ask a friend from Seattle if he's okay with me sending the speedwrap at his place and then he'll send it down here after.
But other than that, you'll love it. Coz it's not as stiff as everyone else says.

Yeh i'm in Australia. We have an Adidas store but haven't gone and checked it out. Hoping they'll carry them. But if not def gonna try get these online somewhere and see how they go. Hopefully they are as good or better than the McDavids.

Yeh i'm in Australia. We have an Adidas store but haven't gone and checked it out. Hoping they'll carry them. But if not def gonna try get these online somewhere and see how they go. Hopefully they are as good or better than the McDavids.

Based on what I've seen on Google, the Adidas Speedwrap is much more padded and much safer that the McDavid Ultralights.
You're better off ordering online in Adidas website. I was in Seattle last Summer, checked out Adidas Outlet and they didn't have any, none at all.

Based on what I've seen on Google, the Adidas Speedwrap is much more padded and much safer that the McDavid Ultralights.
You're better off ordering online in Adidas website. I was in Seattle last Summer, checked out Adidas Outlet and they didn't have any, none at all.

I've recently purchased the adidas speed wraps and they are def the best braces that I've had in years. 
I broke my left ankle 3 times (football) and tend to roll it every so often while playing ball. 

These were my previous braces, which I loved but ive had them for over 5 years now so it was time to get a newer pair. 

nike-soft-structured-ankle-brace.jpg

I've recently purchased the adidas speed wraps and they are def the best braces that I've had in years. 
I broke my left ankle 3 times (football) and tend to roll it every so often while playing ball. 

These were my previous braces, which I loved but ive had them for over 5 years now so it was time to get a newer pair. 

nike-soft-structured-ankle-brace.jpg

Oh yeh, definitely gonna have to give these a shot! I just got my ASO ankle braces off ebay. Definitely better than the McDavid. A lot more comfortable and very happy with them. May have to retire the McDavids.

Oh yeh, definitely gonna have to give these a shot! I just got my ASO ankle braces off ebay. Definitely better than the McDavid. A lot more comfortable and very happy with them. May have to retire the McDavids.

i also wear the adidas speed wrap, and though it is a little costly, if you have bad ankles, its well worth it...u wont wear anything else...as far as finding them, **#@% usually keeps them, and so does eastbay

i also wear the adidas speed wrap, and though it is a little costly, if you have bad ankles, its well worth it...u wont wear anything else...as far as finding them, **#@% usually keeps them, and so does eastbay

when you guys are talking about the adidas speedwrap. are you talking about the one's with the laces or the adizero speedwraps?
The adizero speedwraps do not have laces where as the speedwrap does. I just bought the adizero speedwraps (cost $30 each) and will see how they feel when I get them in the mail. I believe the one's rose are wearing right now is the adizero speedwrap.

when you guys are talking about the adidas speedwrap. are you talking about the one's with the laces or the adizero speedwraps?
The adizero speedwraps do not have laces where as the speedwrap does. I just bought the adizero speedwraps (cost $30 each) and will see how they feel when I get them in the mail. I believe the one's rose are wearing right now is the adizero speedwrap.

Originally Posted by dinternetman

wow, I'm definitely behind in the news here.
So far I only knew about the Adidas Speedwraps, as the ones with the laces, and now there's a new one without the lace?
I haven't tried the new ones yet, but I probably won't bother getting them as I still have my Adidas Speedwraps from last year.
Thanks for clearing that out though.

Back
Top Bottom