Branching off from my parents.

Went today to go get some new clothes since I am fresh out. My clothes either get messed up in the wash or just plain old.

Anyways, bought a couple of things and then when my mom said no to a certain something because she didn't like it.

I put the items back and said thank you for what she got me and left. The whole ride home we got into it.

All I said was, I am not mad at her, I am mad at myself for where I am financially in life. I am 19 and now realized I need to start saving. I want to havecouple g's saved up before I start spending. I just got a job and it opens on the 28th. I am going to completely cut myself off from my family. I do notwant to take any more money from them. Anyone done this? I'm to old to be taking my mom to the %$*@$%! mall for clothes etc. I feel like this will alsohelp me for the future.

You're 19. I think you still need them, unless you're hardcore devoted to the whole independent thing. I mean, we all wish that...but some don'teven come near it

eek.gif
you're 19 and getting clothes from your rents
laugh.gif
smh.gif

but you're kinda doing the exact opposite of what you want to...

if you're trying to save money, why would you cut yourself off from your family? that's not work...

Whoa!
eek.gif

19 fam? No offense but my mom stop paying for my stuff at 16.
Now a days she just see boxes from ups and usps stacked in my room and she just shakes her head.
smh.gif

I be
roll.gif
. Like you mad cause Im styling on you ma?

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

eek.gif
you're 19 and getting clothes from your rents
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
i understand if they buying you something here and there. but if they still buying your whole wardrobe like you in grade school, theres aproblem b.

man the %#%% up and buy your own $**%

Originally Posted by GTEK

Whoa!
eek.gif

Now a days she just see boxes from ups and usps stacked in my room and she just shakes her head.
smh.gif

I be
roll.gif

I'm the same way, but everytime a box shows up she asks what it is and I say I don't know.

Branching off my parents?

lol dude im 17 and living on my own

my parents stopped paying for my clothes when i was 14

Exactly the point of my thread. The thing is I never buy clothes but I finally needed some stuff. And having her tell me what to buy is just not working. Theydid not want me to work because they just wanted me to focus on school... But now I am going to pick up mad hours and stack up. Gonna go a semester bummin itand then spend lavishly while still having money saved up. I feel bad for my moms though cuz she still wants to support me.

Exactly the point of my thread. The thing is I never buy clothes but I finally needed some stuff. And having her tell me what to buy is just not working. They did not want me to work because they just wanted me to focus on school... But now I am going to pick up mad hours and stack up. Gonna go a semester bummin it and then spend lavishly while still having money saved up. I feel bad for my moms though cuz she still wants to support me.

Oh there's a lot of people with this situation. For me I branched off completely when I was 17-18.

Originally Posted by The Harlem Shake

Exactly the point of my thread. The thing is I never buy clothes but I finally needed some stuff. And having her tell me what to buy is just not working. They did not want me to work because they just wanted me to focus on school... But now I am going to pick up mad hours and stack up. Gonna go a semester bummin it and then spend lavishly while still having money saved up. I feel bad for my moms though cuz she still wants to support me.

This is not making any since kid.
I kinda get the part about you needing clothes.
But that doesnt mean the women has to "take" you shopping. She couldnt just hand you the money?
A 19 year old arguing with his mom about an outfit... sorry but
laugh.gif

Nonetheless though you seem to be heading in the right direction.
Sooner or later you gonna need help with BILLS.

That used to be me, but then i got greedy and fell in love with money. Started getting random jobs, hustling everything lol.

Your "supposed" actions seem a bit extreme to the point where it's looking alot like a kid throwing a tantrum ..... On some "I'll cutyall off just to show i could be my own man" ..... It's also really weird for your moms to be going clothes shopping with you at this age, which makesme think yall are real close ..... and you might also be very spoiled ........... Either way do you fam, and your plan/goal would prolly work best if you do itin increments ... Very little can be achieved from extremes

You're too old to be shopping with your mom

but not too old to get some money from them, just some

Originally Posted by THE FAME

This is not making any since kid.
I kinda get the part about you needing clothes.
But that doesnt mean the women has to "take" you shopping. She couldnt just hand you the money?
A 19 year old arguing with his mom about an outfit... sorry but
laugh.gif

Nonetheless though you seem to be heading in the right direction.
Sooner or later you gonna need help with BILLS.

That what I'm saying. When I need clothes and I ask my parents, they just give me their credit card. They don't physically go with me,and approve of myoutfits. I ain't 10 years old anymore....
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm not trying to say anything bad, but lets say your mom only allowed you to buy 120 dollars worth of stuff, why couldn't she just give u that much,instead of having to go with you?

Originally Posted by GTEK

Whoa!
eek.gif

smh.gif

I be
roll.gif

eek.gif
lol I seriously just laughed out loud

Oh, Now I see what ya'll mean. lol NAW. We both wanted to go to SF today. She needed to be their since it was her credit card. That's when it happened.She doesen't go around with me shopping. But since we were both there today she saw what I wanted. I live out on my own when school starts and stuff todaywas just a different situation.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]21 and still need them...being in school made it harder to find a great paying job, so as long asi'm enrolled as a fulltime student....i'll be paying rent[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]EDIT: i buy my own ++$*, with the money i make at my own job...housing is the only problem in wherei need help[/color]

OP you seriously went to the mall with your mom? you have balls dude
laugh.gif

i can understand living with your parents... but clothes? your mom shouldn't be taking you shopping and picking clothes for you anymore, the hell

i started buying my own @!+% when i was 16.

Back
Top Bottom