Brand Jordan=Politician-esque???

well at least the guy can write and spell correctly. I'm not going to knock his situation but that retro sniper pic was wicked funny. as far as thequestion at hand... NO I do not believe Gentry and anything he says. In that regard, guess he is a bit like a politician. and my question is, do you reallythink HOVKid was serious?

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

well at least the guy can write and spell correctly. I'm not going to knock his situation but that retro sniper pic was wicked funny. as far as the question at hand... NO I do not believe Gentry and anything he says. In that regard, guess he is a bit like a politician. and my question is, do you really think HOVKid was serious?

He does sound intelligent, your right. However, the "k" on his computer must not function.

RetroSniper,

Where do I begin in my response...hmmm? Let's see if I can make this as brief as possible. Well, I will at least try to make it brief.

1). I find your avy offensive because it promotes a negative stereotype. The general public already associates the Air Jordan line with gangsters, drugdealers, etc. While I definitely don't agree with this line of thinking your avatar is only helping to support what the general public already incorrectlyassumes.

2). Even with the avy I would have taken you and your post seriously had you not made the comment "Hate the avy all u want...Iget money, I got guns, I gotJordans". In my eyes and in the eyes of many others on this sight comments like that are just foolish and reflect an immature mind state. Again, just myopinion. Take it or leave it.

3). You said in one of your recent responses "When in possession of an elevated mindstate such as my own I don't deem it necessary to respond to whatappear to be teenagers in upper middle-class suburbs poking fun at the degradation of inner-city culture and control". Let's get a few thingsstraight. In no response that I have read so far has anyone poked fun at inner-city culture. People have poked fun of you, but not the culture. Secondly, thereis more to the inner-city culture than just crime, violence, and drugs. You just foolishly choose to glorify that aspect of the culture. Jesse Jackson said itbest during is bid for the 1984 Presidential nomination, "I may have been born in the ghetto, but the ghetto was not born in me". Regardless of whereyou grew up, ultimately you are the master of your own destiny. Go ahead and marinate on that for a moment.

4). While I believe my response was a statement of fact (you did get clowned pretty badly, lol), you on the other hand respond with a bunch of assumptions. Howdo you know where I grew up? How do you know that I'm not offended by avatars with half naked women? To answer the questions for you, you don't. Let meset you straight so you know who you are dealing with. I am a black man who grew up in the rural dirty south. I was exposed to some of the same ills thatplague the inner-city. I too had plenty of exposure to drugs, gangs, and violence. Unlike you, I didn't allow that crap to define who I am and raised aboveall of that to graduate from college, get a good paying job, and become a positive contributor to society.

5). Lastly, you obviously don't recognize sarcasm when you see it. HOVkid was actually making fun of you like everyone else.

Originally Posted by nickfairclough

He does sound intelligent, your right. However, the "k" on his computer must not function.

That would be a Crip/Blood gang banger thing.
eyes.gif

RetroSniper, First my dude, let me say that there was no hate or sarcasm in my initial post. I asked legit questions, that were answered by a fellow NTer(thanks by the way). I was simply stating that, and since you have been on NT you should know, Alot of dudes on here will flame hard when it comes to the wholegun play. All I said initially was "your avi will get hate.." I did not assign any type of value judgment to it, good or bad, I just stated a"NT fact" and low and behold, your avi is getting mad hate. Secondly, as you appear to be an extremely intelligent black man I respect what you saidand how you said it. But just as you would not like people attacking you, lets try use the golden rule and not hate on me regarding my legit questions. Withthat said, Keep doing your thing, you want the avi, keep the avi, if you dont want the avi, get rid of it. Either way DO YOU

laugh.gif
Retrosniper, I got so much amusement out of this thread that I want to thank you. You may think I am just some rich snotty white kid, but I'm not, andyour gun/gang mentality is still hilarious.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Don't listen to the haters RetroSniper.

When I got my Stealth XX3's the first thing I did is take some cash out of the bank, make a stack of cash, pull out my 9mm and take a pic.
i thought everyone did that????? lol

Originally Posted by nick0lis

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Don't listen to the haters RetroSniper.

When I got my Stealth XX3's the first thing I did is take some cash out of the bank, make a stack of cash, pull out my 9mm and take a pic.
i thought everyone did that????? lol

i no i did

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

P.S. I don't have a problem with your avy. It's yours and it's not disrespecting me, so keep it running. As far as I know, in your hood, you might need the gun to keep your kicks and your money.
Real recognize real...
smokin.gif

I'm going to speak once more on my avatar and then hopefully I can get some decent answers to my query. I like guns, I like money, I like Jordans.That's pretty much where it ends. In MY opinion, anyone offended by it has no real grasp or concept as to why or where those three things would cometogether in one person's identity/personality.

I thought the little pics and PS and stuff was funny also...but in poor taste. I CAN read and write, quite proficiently if I must say. I AM an intelligent manof color, although speaking quite personally my decisions as a teen and young adult have closed the door on many an opportunity to benefit from such blessings.So to the man who went to college and overcame and what have you, congrats to you bro, not all of us make it out...

HOV was making fun of me in the gentlemanly manner, quite lawyer-like, and I appreciated his wit in the matter you numbskulls
eyes.gif

Might I point out again that SOMEONE ELSE chose to make my avy the topic of discussion so all the "NKETLK Gangster" stuff was generated by someoneelse's response, not my attempt to glorify a lifestyle that has instigated genocide among Blacc Americans...I know what's up in the hood...

Lastly, I'm a gang member. It's part of who I am. Though I do not presently subscribe to the mantra of an "Active" member (shooting,fighting, all around "gang-banging") it is definitely a part of my personality and to a certain degree contributes to my depth of character. I do notcondone or encourage any of the "common" behaviors of gang members nor do I advertise it as a positive or acceptable way of life. It is something Ichose to involve myself in as an adolescent and have since transcended to an upper echelon of existence, though I never forget who or where I'm from...

CAN WE PLEASE GET ON TOPIC I WANT TO KNOW WHO CONCURS THAT GENTRY AND BRAND JORDAN LIE LIKE THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT ANDIT'S LEADERSHIP...

Originally Posted by samchris

RetroSniper,

Where do I begin in my response...hmmm? Let's see if I can make this as brief as possible. Well, I will at least try to make it brief.

1). I find your avy offensive because it promotes a negative stereotype. The general public already associates the Air Jordan line with gangsters, drug dealers, etc. While I definitely don't agree with this line of thinking your avatar is only helping to support what the general public already incorrectly assumes.

2). Even with the avy I would have taken you and your post seriously had you not made the comment "Hate the avy all u want...Iget money, I got guns, I got Jordans". In my eyes and in the eyes of many others on this sight comments like that are just foolish and reflect an immature mind state. Again, just my opinion. Take it or leave it.

3). You said in one of your recent responses "When in possession of an elevated mindstate such as my own I don't deem it necessary to respond to what appear to be teenagers in upper middle-class suburbs poking fun at the degradation of inner-city culture and control". Let's get a few things straight. In no response that I have read so far has anyone poked fun at inner-city culture. People have poked fun of you, but not the culture. Secondly, there is more to the inner-city culture than just crime, violence, and drugs. You just foolishly choose to glorify that aspect of the culture. Jesse Jackson said it best during is bid for the 1984 Presidential nomination, "I may have been born in the ghetto, but the ghetto was not born in me". Regardless of where you grew up, ultimately you are the master of your own destiny. Go ahead and marinate on that for a moment.

4). While I believe my response was a statement of fact (you did get clowned pretty badly, lol), you on the other hand respond with a bunch of assumptions. How do you know where I grew up? How do you know that I'm not offended by avatars with half naked women? To answer the questions for you, you don't. Let me set you straight so you know who you are dealing with. I am a black man who grew up in the rural dirty south. I was exposed to some of the same ills that plague the inner-city. I too had plenty of exposure to drugs, gangs, and violence. Unlike you, I didn't allow that crap to define who I am and raised above all of that to graduate from college, get a good paying job, and become a positive contributor to society.

5). Lastly, you obviously don't recognize sarcasm when you see it. HOVkid was actually making fun of you like everyone else.

I am the master of my destiny and anyone I choose to interject myself on. Miss me with that "I moved up and out the ghetto and made something ofmyself." What are you an Uncle Tom??? You brown-nose the Anglo-Saxons in your "good paying job" so you can attempt to seat yourself above theghetto-class blaccs that struggle and toil in the projects and run-down parts of town??? Samchris, if you "made something ofyourself" what are you doing to contribute to your culture who you are evidently so proud to have left behind??? I speak in middle-schools to childrenadvising them of the pitfalls of guns and gangs as well as volunteer in an organization that assists men and women re-entering society from incarceration. Youpunks on here think you're so smart and have it all figured out...you don't know a thing about me or who I am or what I represent.

I KNOW HOV WAS MAKING FUN OF ME...HE KNOWS HOW TO DO IT WITHOUT STEPPING ON TOES SO HE ACTUALLY IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit:SOMEBODY ELSE BROUGHT UP MY AVY WITH A COMMENT TO THE EFFECT OF "YOUR AVY IS GOING TO GET HATE"

That's actually an accurate analogy in my opinion in that Gentry/JB will say anything at any given time to manipulate people and get what they want- justlike 99% of politicians. Whenever someone makes a "Gentry said..." or "New Gentry interview..." thread, I don't even open it becauseit's pointless to sit there and listen to this man lie to me. Gentry/JB/Jordan's credibility are laughable at this point.

As far as the avy, leave that man alone, he didn't come here threatening people or nothin like that. My own real life experiences with guns make me anadvocate of gun control but that's not the topic of discussion at hand, lol. Some of y'all dudes come off as very insecure.

RetroSniper, since you were looking for someone who has been in the game since 1986, and a board viewer since start (new post count when Yuku started), I cansay I have NEVER believed Gentry on ANYTHING. He seems to me to be someone who fell into the job and started listening to advisors who wanted personal favors,not the heritage of the name or brand. Anyone who would make a shoe like the Dub-zero or 6 ring has no interest in the legacy of Air Jordan. He, to me, is thedefinition of HypeBeast.

Now, as an old timer, I also have to try to see where some of your points are leading you. Mind, I have no personal knowledge of your lifestyle or where youcame from, and I won't pretend to. You describe yourself as a very intelligent Black man, but then make some comments that are questinable to an outsiderlooking in. You are a gang member, although not practicing in some of the petty stuff. As someone who has been through it, you know more than most that thatlife leads to two places most of the time. As part of your upper echelon of intelligence (no insult, just quoting), shouldn't you be able to overlook pastdifferences and at least type with a K? Little steps. AS for the avy, I have no problem with it, but you have to know what persona that puts forth on yourname, and by default any post you make here will be seen as "e-thugging", regardless of your G status. I agree, I have guns, money, and Jordans, butby putting them together you are helping perpetuate the stereotype that I assume you tell the school kids you speak to to avoid. I have not been involved inany gangs in years (I am 34), but I have had a brother shot in the face and a best friend shot in the back, along with numerous friends and hangers-on in thegrave or jail for anything from theft to murder, as I assume you have, and we both know it is not the life to be glorifying, regardless of the street glory wecan get at the time. A question I saw in a movie one time asked "How many retired bangers do you know?" Just think about your future, and how youwould be letting an educated, personable, community-minded life be going to waste if something happened to you. And thanks for coming to NikeTalk; I really didenjoy reading your posts, and look forward to talking to you some more.

You go do your thing, RetroSniper. You are what you are, dont let anybody change that. NT is full of haters and whiners.
Pretty amusing thread.

Originally Posted by RetroSniper

I like guns, I like money, I like Jordans. That's pretty much where it ends.
smokin.gif

In all seriousness though, I've been through 4 years of college, 3 years of law school and my job is to draft contracts. No joke, I giveRetroSniper serious credit. The man is a more eloquent writer than I am.

Look, if the dude likes to put a gun is his avatar, its his business. Would I do it? No. If the dude was some ******ed gangster-type talking trash abouteveryone on here that's one thing, but the guy has come on here, was open about his past, defended himself properly and does not in any way seem to be thetype that would ever do something horrible to someone (at least not anymore). Respect where he came from and the education he was able to give himself.

Honestly, I'm considering using RetroSniper's avy if he'll let me. The man deserves some respect folks.

RetroSniper,

You once again you have responded to my comments with a bunch of assumptions and non-facts. Based on your writing you appear to be an intelligent andarticulate man. It is because you seem to have some intelligence that I have chosen to even continue this back and forth for as long as I have. Unfortunately,our debating is taking away from the purpose of this post and this site. Therefore, after this post I am done with using this forum as a vehicle to explainthings to you. If you have any further questions or comments that you would like to direct towards me, feel free to shoot me an email or IM and we can continuethis debate offline. If instead, you choose to continue using this post to further challenge me or make inaccurate assumptions about who I am, then that isfine too. I know what's really up and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

You posed some questions of me in your latest rebuttal and I will answer those questions just to set the record straight.

What are you an Uncle Tom???
LOL! Far from it. I know who I am, where I came from, and I always acknowledge the people that came beforeme who made it possible for me to enjoy the life I have today. I by no means seek the approval of another race to validate myself. I am a proud black man andwear my skin color/race as a badge of honor.

You brown-nose the Anglo-Saxons in your "good paying job" so you can attempt to seat yourself above the ghetto-class blaccs that struggle and toil inthe projects and run-down parts of town???
I partially answered this above. I fail to understand how having a good job requires me to have to brown nose another race. I havegotten where I am based on my own merit and not by kissing anyone's backside. In fact, I would say that I have missed out on some career advancementopportunities because I refuse to belittle myself to brown-nose. As for seating myself above ghetto-class blacks (note: it is black, not blacc), give me abreak!!! I am very active in the black community and I involve myself with several community service projects that seek to educate and help uplift thedisadvantaged.

Samchris, if you "made something of yourself" what are you doing to contribute to your culture who you are evidently so proud to have left behind???
Again, as I mentioned above I am actively involved in my community. I have participated in community outreach programs through mychurch, I am involved in habitat for humanity, and I am a Big in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. I am also currently seeking to become even moreinvolved in my church through youth mentoring. I shouldn't have to state all of this, but since you asked....

Look, man. For what it is worth I don't have any ill will towards you. I applaud you for what you are doing today intalking to school age children. I also understand how past mistakes in life can hinder future opportunities. What I hope you one day realize is that despitethe road blocks you have in life, you can still rise above that. Again, you are the master of your own destiny. I hope you also one day realize that theglorification of guns and money do nothing to help benefit the urban community you appear to be so passionate about.

Peace!

RetroSniper, I must apologize to you and let you know that I can respect where you have come from and if you truly have succeeded despite struggling that isadmirable. I've just seen too many "fall from grace," and into the vicious cycle of gangs, violence, drugs, and poverty. It needs to stopsomewhere. Its terrible and a dangerous lifestyle to embrace.

On a side note, to answer your question, its true Gentry speaks with a political tongue in the sense that he dances around the truth and drop hints withoutconcrete evidence or backing. Nothing is official unless its a month or two prior to release.

On another side note, HOV, I got serious questions about law school and your career. I'm in the process of preparing for law school and any help andguidance I can get for those that have been through it would be greatly appreciated. PM or something please if you have time, thanks.

RetroSniper,
YO! I want to apologize if I offended you with the poor attempt of a joke (photo shopped images). My photo shopped images were of poor taste. I am sorry.
I do not look at the image avatars when browsing NT and was only made aware of yours in a response from a fellow NikeTalker. I have read your posts and amimpressed. You have an intelligent writing style. It is also commendable you are open with your past and what you are presently doing with youth. I am alsoinvolved with the youth of my church and community as a Boy Scouts of America Scout Master.
Again, for what it is worth, I apologize for my bad attempt at humor.

-NF

This is a very interesting/entertaining thread. My 2 cents on this is that Gentry hypes us up. I had my mind set on xx3's,cdp all year.nowquickstrikes.lets not even go to the fusions. ''Run out and buy all the countdown packs,its the only retro ull get in 08.''everyone runsout,buys them and then he changes. He either dosent kno whuts really going on or dosen't give 2 spits about the consumer(I think the latter)

Now to the second issue.ur avy. I'm from the inner city(DC STAND UP) and I understand whut ure sayin. I been shot and ur avy doesn't offend me.That's ur thing.I don't condone guns in any way and I don't own one but as a young black man from ''the hood'' I do know how lifeis around here. I also agree with SamChris.Preach my brother, PREACH! Smart black men,still living,shoe collectors are hard to find. Keep it UP.Both ofyou.......

''Run out and buy all the countdown packs,its the only retro ull get in 08.''everyone runs out,buys them and then he changes.
That's what I meant by the "CDP Retro-only theory"...in response to samchris final defense, I am in accordance with much of what yousay and simply threw some scraps of insensitivity to you in response to you doing the same to me...with that the "conflict" between us is at anend...I am here to participate and encourage discussion about the topic I started, and very much appreciate some of the REAL NT'ers coming in to comment onthe topic, not just kids looking to poke fun at someone.

Speaking on the avy (I'm kinda tired of it but
ohwell.gif
) It was early inthe morning, I had just copped my Stealth XX3. I set one on the table and emptied my poccets out. In those poccets were a pistol and a couple thousand dollars.I thought to myself, PHOTO OP, and the rest is history. Without splitting hairs or "reaching" is that picture really a"Glorification" of anything? I would say no moreso than once again, half naked females in various displays and/or positions of sexual overtures. Withthat, I feel secure with my avatar pending intervention from mods or admins.

I appreciate the realization that I'm not an "e-thug" and appreciate doubly the respect given by members of the board...HOV, I wanted to be alawyer or work in law once upon a time but for several years I couldn't stop finding myself with the need to BE defended rather than vice-versa
embarassed.gif
I am not proud of the life I led. I wasted over ten years of my life andcountless opportunities and relationships to prove my worth in the streets to a bunch of guys who could care less about me in the end...but it is important toremember who I am, to stay focused and get where I need to be...I anticipate more talk on Gentry the Serpent or any other Brand Jordan figurehead whointentionally misleads and misinforms all in the interest of draining our capital. And speaking on the double "C" it is a Crip thing and it is aboutlittle steps, but I'd be lying if I said seeing the letters "CK" doesn't irk me just a bit...of course I don't double C on any officialdocuments or anything of that nature, but it's something I'm still grappling with...
tired.gif

^^^ Know that I will be praying for your little steps in your struggle everyday. I have no evidence you are a believer, so this may be little consolation, butjust know there is a like-minded person in Fort Worth that is thinking about your life and praying for you to get to where you need to be.

Hovkid I had no idea you were a lawyer. Where did you get your JD, and where do you practice? I myself just graduated from lawschool about a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom