BrandBlack

^^^

this is why nw irks me sometimes and why he seems biased, i know beating a dead horse but he always critics shoes when they are budget friendly or they are way too expensive for what you get and i dont remember him saying anything about the $250 price tag of those rm2

if the new lebrons or kds cost that much, he’d non-stop bash is for 5 minutes and keep going back to it

I was going to say the same thing, I feel like I didn’t even get a true review out of this or his true thoughts (especially the cushioning). It seems like he danced around telling the truth of how he really felt.

When he is all in with a shoe, he lets you know it and vice versa (he did say “bad boys” so I guess give him credit there lol)

^^^

this is why nw irks me sometimes and why he seems biased, i know beating a dead horse but he always critics shoes when they are budget friendly or they are way too expensive for what you get and i dont remember him saying anything about the $250 price tag of those rm2

if the new lebrons or kds cost that much, he’d non-stop bash is for 5 minutes and keep going back to it
I know that he commented about the price before but since then we've had David and Billy go on live sessions and talk more about the company and gave some explanation as to their pricing. I know the price tag is hefty for many and it's understandable why some would be hesitant to buy a shoe at that price without being able to test drive it.

^^^

Chris bashed Nike because of the price because of the materials used. When your paying $200 and the materials are crap, he calls them out. I think it's pretty common knowledge now that Brandblack is no longer the brand that made the JC2 & JC3 (LOVED BOTH) being $100 or less on sale. They are an upscale premium brand now. He doesn't harp on BB now as the materials used by then are premium and they are in a different market now (more luxury brand).

I mean who else used a Vibram sole on a basketball shoe? That's premium as most Vibram soles are on higher end boots. He bashes Jordan for crappy build and less than average materials as they rightfully should be harped on.

it doesnt matter, for consistency and your reputation, you do everything the same

$250 for a bball shoe is a lot, point blank, say that for what it is

and i understand the complaint on cheap materials then say the bb has premium materials for $250 but he doesnt bother mentioning the price because it hasa negative connotation on a $250 bball shoes when most brand are going down in price (lebrons and kf used to be about $20 more)

and vibram can be found on $50 boots :lol: other brands do not use em because they can make rubber themselves and make their own pattern (we know nike loves their dumb “stories” on their midsoles :lol: ) and not used recycled soles from another shoe/model (vibrams limited that way)

i dont even care that they are a designer brand now, how about the reviewer mention that? “this brand make designer ish now but this is their $250 bball shoes” but nope, he dances around on his review, “ its good but different” :lol: come on now

all im saying is all the criticisms valid, he sounds like a dude who doesnt mind upsetting the giant conglomerate who wont give hikm his own shoe but dances around on the brand that gave him his own cw

also, its not common knowledge bb is a designer upscale brand now and i aint putting them up there just because they doubled their msrp

Last edited:
I had to come back to this thread to speak about my Rare Metal 1’s. Now that gyms are back open we get to play ball again indoors!

My first day back my feet were killing me! I wore the Kobe Protro 1’s which is a great shoe! The next time I wore a pair of KD 13’s, feet killing me again. Next time Lebron 16’s, then the Harden 4’s and they were all killing my feet to the point that I couldn’t run.

So I decided to pull out the Rare Metal 1’s, and could finally run again indoors!:rofl:

Usually Nike’s hurt my feet the first time I wear them because they need to break in, I’m thinking it’s the arch.

I don’t know what it is but I have many pairs of Rare Metals that I’ve worn and each one is great and don’t hurt my feet!

Even before the pandemic it was a great all around shoe!

all im saying is all the criticisms valid, he sounds like a dude who doesnt mind upsetting the giant conglomerate who wont give hikm his own shoe but dances around on the brand that gave him his own cw

the best example of what you’ve been saying about him can be seen in the first Brandblack basketball shoe That featured a vibram outsole.

I can’t remember the name of it right now (was it the Delta??)but it came out within a year of the JC2 I believe.

He deleted the review of the shoes due to what people were saying in the comments about him being biased. When asked about it later he said that the shoe was trash and that’s why he deleted the review.

And here we were thinking that the purpose of a review is to get an honest take… LOL!

That incident sealed the deal for me as far deciding that I would no longer take his opinion into account.

And speaking of reviewers- I was happy to see that the Kick Genius guys kissed and made up and are back to doing what they do after a long hiatus.

^^^ where? Which channel?

Kick Genius

If you’re asking about your Boss, sea lioning with me ain’t gonna work, Brian.

Oh and not that I wasn’t already aware of how you roll, but it was just brought to my attention by a concerned member of the community that there are larger issues on your plate.

If you decide to take the time to look further into what I’m referencing, please be sure to forward the Link to your fellow Weartesters representative Jalique- the guy you were publicly going back and forth with about why “Black” is capitalized and why “white” isn’t.

Maybe next time instead of trying to turn it into something that it isn’t, just Google it for free.

2A982CD4-F4D8-4FE8-99CA-AA8709BC205D.jpeg

C479D7FB-5AF3-476F-A250-828C04743612.jpeg

Looks like David Jordan tried to point you in the right direction but you plugged your ears and kept talking nonsensically.

Anyway here’s the link:

Explaining AP Style on Black and white

If you want to signal boost how hilariously misguided you are in the opinions you’ve formed on the issue I strongly encourage you to start a thread about it where you will be able to enjoy a variety of takes, probably more links to authoritative articles on the matter etc.

Last edited:
Kinfolk Kinfolk
To start, I have only seen Jay on YouTube lately doing anything remotely about sneakers. I saw him with Friga in Texas playing too, but nothing with Tre like they used to do. I asked because I didn’t know they had a new channel or not.

As for the rest, I have to say, you have truly set me straight. From now on, when writing a review on shows THAT EVERYONE CAN READ FOR FREE, I will ask your opinion and make sure I get my opinion correct. I wouldn’t want to upset anyone by having a wrong OPINION of a shoe.

As for the IG post - again, thank you for setting me straight. I SHOULD never post anything remotely opinionated and give others reason to think there might be different thoughts and ideas out there. I pray that one day soon we can all have group think and come together as one great mind and float off into space as an all-knowing deity. That would be fun.

Last edited:
Kinfolk Kinfolk
To start, I have only seen Jay on YouTube lately doing anything remotely about sneakers. I saw him with Friga in Texas playing too, but nothing with Tre like they used to do. I asked because I didn’t know they had a new channel or not.

As for the rest, I have to say, you have truly set me straight. From now on, when writing a review on shows THAT EVERYONE CAN READ FOR FREE, I will ask your opinion and make sure I get my opinion correct. I wouldn’t want to upset anyone by having a wrong OPINION of a shoe.

As for the IG post - again, thank you for setting me straight. I SHOULD never post anything remotely opinionated and give others reason to think there might be different thoughts and ideas out there. I pray that one day soon we can all have group think and come together as one great mind and float off into space as an all-knowing deity. That would be fun.

I mean I figured that your response would be a deflection instead of something introspective.

Nobody is telling you what to post on social media. I'm not even telling you what to think.

But when you refuse to look at the answers to your questions/confusion, and continue ahead with your baseless and uninformed opinions, you're not really asking a question at that point. You're looking for confrontation or just enjoy hearing yourself talk. Jalique and Jordan gave you answers and you just continued stating your woefully uninformed and low-information opinions which quite frankly are 100% worthless and simultaneously harmful.

If the Associated Press capitalizing "Black" in reference to people is "Group Think" to you or an affront to your sensibilities, or somehow disenfranchising white people as you clumsily claimed then that tells us everything we already need to know.

Kinfolk Kinfolk nah - I would rather deflect than respond to idiots

I know my point has been made once the name calling starts ☺

Incredible how you could even muster up the courage to call anybody that with the lazy takes you consistently make 🤣

Last edited:
We can all agree that NW would’ve murdered Nike had Nike priced Lebron's at $250.

But he has a relationship with BrandBlack and didn’t want to focus on the price for obviously reasons. We also have to consider that BrandBlack is making the shoes now to my knowledge so the manufacturing process is more expensive. Plus they’re trying to attract different consumers.

They’ll eventually all go on sale because no one’s paying that much for them.

I know my point has been made once the name calling starts ☺

Incredible how you could even muster up the courage to call anybody that with the lazy takes you consistently make 🤣

nope, only point you made was to start s hit where it wasn’t to be started. I asked a legit question and you got in your feelings because, I don’t know, nightwing didn’t sign your forehead at a sneakercon?

Actually, the pathetic part about you is- I made that post on May 3. You either dug through my IG to find something you found offensive (glossing over MANY other posts I have made championing black causes and downing white supremacy) or….. you took those screenshots months ago and have been hanging onto them WAITING on me to comment something so you could use them. Either way - kind of sad.

nope, only point you made was to start s hit where it wasn’t to be started. I asked a legit question and you got in your feelings because, I don’t know, nightwing didn’t sign your forehead at a sneakercon?

Actually, the pathetic part about you is- I made that post on May 3. You either dug through my IG to find something you found offensive (glossing over MANY other posts I have made championing black causes and downing white supremacy) or….. you took those screenshots months ago and have been hanging onto them WAITING on me to comment something so you could use them. Either way - kind of sad.

Hey if you don’t want anyone to point out your low-effort lazy talking points, don’t post it publicly anywhere.
Its a simple concept.

Consider that next time you’re tossing and turning (for MONTHS in your own words 🤣🤣🤣)and can’t sleep at night over the fact that “Black” is capitalized by the AP and white isn’t. If that’s not a white supremacist talking point- I don’t know what is.

If you really wanna put yourself on the spot we can go through the laundry list of gross takes that you have on the state of affairs in this country but the result will only be you looking like a complete BOZO.

I’ve also never attended sneakercon and if I did ever decide to waste my time like that guess who the last person I’d be looking for there would be?

In the spirit of staying on topic, Brand Black founder David Raysse is half black and frequently talks about being Black in America. I wonder how he’d feel knowing how outraged you were about private organizations giving guaranteed income to disenfranchised minorities- don’t get his passive interaction with you confused with support for any of your garbage societal takes either 😉

Thanks Kinfolk Kinfolk for mentioning the owner. I forgot about him so I googled him and read an interview discussing Jamal Crawford leaving.

This isn’t for you, just thanking your for the mention…

I had no idea Crawford left for Adidas for more money. He was the face of BrandBlack, only to go to Adidas and no one even knew where or what he was doing.

Money isn’t everything.

Thanks Kinfolk Kinfolk for mentioning the owner. I forgot about him so I googled him and read an interview discussing Jamal Crawford leaving.

I had no idea Crawford left for Adidas for more money. He was the face of BrandBlack, only to go to Adidas and no one even knew where or what he was doing.

Money isn’t everything.

Yeah he talked about Crawford leaving and mentioned that he wouldn’t sponsor or sign any pro athletes to the brand again or something to that effect because of the constant headache that it was- he didn’t say Jamal himself was a headache (general consensus on him seems to be that he’s one of the most likable people you could ever meet).

Money isn’t everything.
In latest pictures of him playing in pro am he was wearing KDs 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hey if you don’t want anyone to point out your low-effort lazy talking points, don’t post it publicly anywhere.
Its a simple concept.

Consider that next time you’re tossing and turning (for MONTHS in your own words 🤣🤣🤣)and can’t sleep at night over the fact that “Black” is capitalized by the AP and white isn’t. If that’s not a white supremacist talking point- I don’t know what is.

If you really wanna put yourself on the spot we can go through the laundry list of gross takes that you have on the state of affairs in this country but the result will only be you looking like a complete BOZO.

I’ve also never attended sneakercon and if I did ever decide to waste my time like that guess who the last person I’d be looking for there would be?

In the spirit of staying on topic, Brand Black founder David Raysse is half black and frequently talks about being Black in America. I wonder how he’d feel knowing how outraged you were about private organizations giving guaranteed income to disenfranchised minorities- don’t get his passive interaction with you confused with support for any of your garbage societal takes either 😉

and again, thank you for the follow on IG and the support. I can clearly see you are a rational, open-minded individual who likes debate and political discussion. Much like Mr. Raysse, whom I have had many discussions with over the years (oh no, we are friends - I must be on the take too). Just like I have discussions with friends all the time on posts like the one you have memorized. I am so glad you follow me so closely and monitor my thoughts otherwise I would have no one to set me on the correct thought path.

Unlike you, I don’t NEED everyone to think like I do. I accept different opinions as difference in demographics, eras, experiences, and attitudes. I don’t feel the need to make, by way of threats, everyone agree with me (I’m going to show ALL of your posts to your employers and get you in trouble!!!). Again, I asked a question and you got stupid all over it. All you have to do is stop it - that’s it. You started it, you stop it - but you can’t, even when it’s gotten so hard for you to grasp that I DON’T CARE if you post everyone of my politics posts on here. But if you do, post them all, not just the ones that fit your narrative and agenda like you did here.

To make it even - what’s your IG? Let’s get to know each other better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom