BrandBlack

Yea so for me, since the rare metals sit so low, my body takes a little bit more of a beating, it isn't terrible though because I feel like Brandblack's cushion blends are pretty resilient. Definitely a trade off type of thing if you want fantastic court feel. I think everyone sort of has to dial in on how much of a balance they want between court feel/impact protection. I usually prefer a little more court feel over the impact protection but I know there are shoes out there with good balance. Typically brandblack shoes give you that, but yeah you may want to give boost a try. I like Adidas Bounce cushion too. A good Micro G setup from UA can be excellent as well. Just some thoughts

Gotcha. Yea it has been tough finding a good pair because when I find a pair I like from a cushioning standpoint, something else doesn’t work for me (usually the way it rubs my Achilles and puts too much pressure on my left one, making it a no go).

I have been wanting to try the Explosive Line but I don’t want to pay anything close to retail when I already have shoes that work. The JC3, my Huarache 2k4, Future Legends, and surprisingly even my Kobe 9s at times still get a good run from me.

I will keep my eye out for good Bounce shoes as well. I remember trying Bounce for the first time when trying to purchase the Rose 6 and trying on the other Rose line (Englewood IV maybe?) and was surprised that I prefered Bounce more than the Boost (didn’t know I was actually trying on shoes with defective Boost at the time, which is something that has also kept me away from Boost).

I love playing the Bounce from Adidas , Lillard 2 sells for as low as 60usd to 70usd but almost feels like boost esque , I have a lillard 2 and cant buy the lillard 3 or the lillard 4 because adidas removed the plushiness on both.

I played with my JC3 and I love it, and surely you will like the lillard 2

I also have my crazy explosive and they are mad comfy

You sir are my hero. Been waiting for this price to pull the trigger all freaking year! I hope the traction isn’t as bad as the people say and that the cushioning is hopefully around the same as the Future Legends or JC3s.

They're a great basketball shoe. Had no issue with traction and I liked the cushioning and feel of the Metal's better than the Future's.

Of course they didn't have my size...and I usually check that website every day or so, of course I didn't check it yesterday.

They're a great basketball shoe. Had no issue with traction and I liked the cushioning and feel of the Metal's better than the Future's.

Of course they didn't have my size...and I usually check that website every day or so, of course I didn't check it yesterday.

Thanks!!!! Might cop another pair based on your thoughts because I got my JC3 from Finishline for around the same price that I got the Rare Metals for and regret not getting 2. The only reason I held back is because I have the JC3 and Future Legend already and don’t want to get greedy and let others get their pairs.

I loved the Future Legend cushioning (still do as it’s my main hoop shoe), but it felt like it got a little thinner and lost some of the bounce. It still has bounce just feels a lot lower to the ground than they did within the first hour or 2 I played in them. How would you compare the cushioning feel between the two, seeing as they’re basically the same?

Thanks!!!! Might cop another pair based on your thoughts because I got my JC3 from Finishline for around the same price that I got the Rare Metals for and regret not getting 2. The only reason I held back is because I have the JC3 and Future Legend already and don’t want to get greedy and let others get their pairs.

I loved the Future Legend cushioning (still do as it’s my main hoop shoe), but it felt like it got a little thinner and lost some of the bounce. It still has bounce just feels a lot lower to the ground than they did within the first hour or 2 I played in them. How would you compare the cushioning feel between the two, seeing as they’re basically the same?

The Future's and Rare Metal's feel totally different to me. Rare Metals sit lower to the ground and have great court feel and cushioning.

The Future's and Rare Metal's feel totally different to me. Rare Metals sit lower to the ground and have great court feel and cushioning.

Are you referring to the Mids or Low Future Legends? I have the Mids and those already sit low to the ground to me and don’t really offer as much bounce as they used to. Hopefully the Metals don’t bottom out lol.

So I just got my Rare Metal Thunders a few days ago. Idk if I am just not use to playing in lows anymore or if it is just the fit, but I feel unsafe in them when shooting for some reason. The outrigger also fell apart after one game so I called Dicks and they’re sending me a pair of Jigsaws for free that will be arriving Tuesday. I went a half size down on those according to maa76ball because he did that for even the Rare Metal Lightning’s.

I really hope I didn’t make a mistake and end up with shoes too small seeing as Dicks is letting me keep the Thunders and just sent the Jigsaws and refunded me for the Thunders.

I just watched this. Lol, they have no clue what they’re talking about when it comes to the cushioning lol. It’s just Jetlon Foam which they don’t have enough experience to know what it is.
They automatically think that if a shoe doesn't have air or tensile fibers in it then it is trash. lol... Ignorant close minded idiots well I ain't surprise since it seems like they are MAGA thumpers from the intro...

So I just got my Rare Metal Thunders a few days ago. Idk if I am just not use to playing in lows anymore or if it is just the fit, but I feel unsafe in them when shooting for some reason. The outrigger also fell apart after one game so I called Dicks and they’re sending me a pair of Jigsaws for free that will be arriving Tuesday. I went a half size down on those according to maa76ball because he did that for even the Rare Metal Lightning’s.

I really hope I didn’t make a mistake and end up with shoes too small seeing as Dicks is letting me keep the Thunders and just sent the Jigsaws and refunded me for the Thunders.

I got the Rare Metal Thunder in my regular size 10 a while back but they were too big. I tried the Thunders a half size smaller (9.5) and they were too tight. I saw that ****'s had the Thunder for 35.98 and bought them in a 9.5 on a whim and they fit perfectly. They fit great and feel great but I see that my outrigger might soon have the same issue as you.

I'm guessing the fit issue may be due to the materials. I'm curious to read about your experience with the fit when you get the Jigsaws.

I got the Rare Metal Thunder in my regular size 10 a while back but they were too big. I tried the Thunders a half size smaller (9.5) and they were too tight. I saw that ****'s had the Thunder for 35.98 and bought them in a 9.5 on a whim and they fit perfectly. They fit great and feel great but I see that my outrigger might soon have the same issue as you.

I'm guessing the fit issue may be due to the materials. I'm curious to read about your experience with the fit when you get the Jigsaws.

So wait, are you saying the first time the 9.5 didnt work and they somehow worked the second pair you got in a 9.5, or that you have them more time and wore them more and they eventually fit fine? According to ma76bball, the Weartesters and Jigsaws fit the same, which he said the Weartesters fit even longer than the Thunders. It is going to be a toss up but I think I made the right choice with a half size down from my Thunder.

They come in today (didn’t come Tuesday like expected) so I will update this thread as soon as I get them. I fully expect them to be tight, but I think with the toe room I had on the Thunders in my regular 9.5 I SHOULD be ok with a 9. I am keeping in mind that the tight fit will go away once the insole breaks in, midsole breaks down a bit, and the materials soften.

I do enjoy the toe room of my original Black white Thunders, however, I think feeling that floaty feeling of my toes and forefoot not having something snug around it reduces my confidence to make hard plays or even the way I would shoot 3s and be afraid to come down and roll an ankle (the outrigger doesn’t feel that sturdy or strong).

I also only got to play in them for around 2 hours so maybe they needed more time to accommodate to my foot shape. I have worn my Thunders casually for a week since then and they kind of seem to be shaping to my foot better, but I also feel like I have to crank the laces kind of tight to make up for the roomy front.

Maybe when I play in them next time they’ll feel more secure, who knows...

So the size 9 is too tight and I am returning them to D-ick’s tomorrow (they’re shipping a 9.5 again). Toe wise, I actually think they’re fine (little snug but would break in fine). The problem is my left foot Achilles. I suffered an Achilles injury years ago and it is a very sensitive area. Because the size 9 pulls your heel into the cup TIGHT (like super tight) these just are a no go in a 9. I am not sure about the Thunder sizing since they gave me the Jigsaws, but feeling the two in hand right now I don’t think I could do a Thunder in a 9 either.

I am really mad I have the wait another 2 days for the Jigsaws because they feel better than my Thunders in every way. The material is around the same as the Thunders, but I like the Jigsaw material better. The traction is definitely better, and the cushioning is literally like 20% bouncier. Not saying that the cushioning is bad on my Thunders, but my Jigsaws initial cushioning vs Thunders initial cushioning is like night and day (mind you, Jigsaws haven’t been played in not broken in). The Jigsaw foam feels thicker, softer, and bouncier (like Zoom).

The Jigsaws feel as if Brandblack heard any complaints of the Thunder that I may have had and fixed them in every way. I cannot WAIT to get my 9.5 in the mail and will cop multiple Jigsaws when they price drop.

For reference:

size 10 in Kobe IXs are too big but still “fit” (able to hoop just fine without feeling unsafe)

Size 9.5 in JC3 and they fit PERFECT

Size 9.5 in Future Legends and could’ve gone down half size but don’t regret my 9.5 either.

Last edited:
So wait, are you saying the first time the 9.5 didnt work and they somehow worked the second pair you got in a 9.5, or that you have them more time and wore them more and they eventually fit fine? According to ma76bball, the Weartesters and Jigsaws fit the same, which he said the Weartesters fit even longer than the Thunders. It is going to be a toss up but I think I made the right choice with a half size down from my Thunder.

They come in today (didn’t come Tuesday like expected) so I will update this thread as soon as I get them. I fully expect them to be tight, but I think with the toe room I had on the Thunders in my regular 9.5 I SHOULD be ok with a 9. I am keeping in mind that the tight fit will go away once the insole breaks in, midsole breaks down a bit, and the materials soften.

I do enjoy the toe room of my original Black white Thunders, however, I think feeling that floaty feeling of my toes and forefoot not having something snug around it reduces my confidence to make hard plays or even the way I would shoot 3s and be afraid to come down and roll an ankle (the outrigger doesn’t feel that sturdy or strong).

I also only got to play in them for around 2 hours so maybe they needed more time to accommodate to my foot shape. I have worn my Thunders casually for a week since then and they kind of seem to be shaping to my foot better, but I also feel like I have to crank the laces kind of tight to make up for the roomy front.

Maybe when I play in them next time they’ll feel more secure, who knows...

I misspoke. Let me try this again.

Got Thunder in a 10. They were too big

Tried the Lightning in a 9.5, they were too tight.

Saw the Thunder for the low, tried a 9.5, they fit perfectly.

So I'm guessing the fit depends on the model. I like the Jigsaw also but I really have my eye on the watercolors

Back
Top Bottom