BREAKING: Marlins Trading Everyone to Toronto VOL: Reyes and Johnson + More

Bluejays finally spending some money. Al East already strong now even stronger. Going be an interesting year next year

seems like each year the bluejays are becoming a revelant team :rolleyes

Yep, Florida is tax heaven and going to Toronto is gonna take about half of the salary :lol:

I think it's about the same tax rate if not slightly less than new york so everybody needs to chill with this whole tax nonsense. I believe Toronto is the 13th lowest tax rate in the NBA, it annoys the **** out of me when people bring this up tryin to make Toronto seem like some northern out post with igloos and insanely high taxes. It's the greatest city in the world, especially in the summer, Jose Reyes will be fine.

Last edited:
I think it's about the same tax rate if not slightly less than new york so everybody needs to chill with this whole tax nonsense. I believe Toronto is the 13th lowest tax rate in the NBA, it annoys the **** out of me when people bring this up tryin to make Toronto seem like some northern out post with igloos and insanely high taxes. It's the greatest city in the world, especially in the summer, Jose Reyes will be fine.

Don't know the exact numbers, but I'm fairly certain the marginal tax rates are relatively higher.

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: at OKB being upset.

It's Canada , no one gives a **** about Canada , stick to hockey and bacon.

Don't know the exact numbers, but I'm fairly certain the marginal tax rates are relatively higher.

Point is im fairly certain that they are lower or in right in line with any California or New York team. Jose Reyes paid taxs in new york, if he could deal with that he can deal with this. Unless you are a florida or texas team, I don't the tax differences are not significant.

Point is im fairly certain that they are lower or in right in line with any California or New York team. Jose Reyes paid taxs in new york, if he could deal with that he can deal with this. Unless you are a florida or texas team, I don't the tax differences are not significant.

Okay...but the point you're making is irrelevant. He signed the deal leaving NY to go to Miami and would generally have netted much more money in FL. It's one of the reasons teams in NY have to pay more for players: cost of living. Salaries are adjusted for the most part to accomodate that.

Yes, Jose can "deal with it" and it's part of business but there's no doubt it'll impact how much money he nets. He's still making money and living comfortably, it's just a point being made that the ****** Marlins ownership who sold a lie to the city and the players (the injustice is really to the city) have also impacted players expected incomes with the bulk of their contract remaining.

Yep, Florida is tax heaven and going to Toronto is gonna take about half of the salary
laugh.gif
I was with you until that last sentence...
laugh.gif

:lol: where in the hell did I say any of that in my post? All I was saying is that going from Florida to Toronto is going to kill his pockets with taxes. Has nothing to do with NY. He left NY for Florida partially for that reason. I think he'd be ******g stupid to demand a trade from Toronto.

The tax difference between Miami and Toronto is 35% to 49.53%. If they do not taking up residence in Toronto, there is only a 5-7% increase instead of the 14.53%.

Reyes will be paying about 3.5 million more in taxes over his career.

Last edited:

No, it isn't.

3.5 mil on such a big contract is not a big deal. Ya'll making it see. Like they were taking half his salary

Back
Top Bottom