Breaking News : Bowlen says Broncos will try to trade Cutler

JPZ I doubt the Vikings, since they brought on Sage.

I think it could be Detroit or Chicago.

Anyway, the Broncos say they want 2 first round picks in any deal, and they're not interested in Detroit's #1

Bring my Jason Campbell to Tampa !

Or Cutler.. A Cutler ******** would look official though..

Originally Posted by franchise3

JPZ I doubt the Vikings, since they brought on Sage.

I think it could be Detroit or Chicago.

Anyway, the Broncos say they want 2 first round picks in any deal, and they're not interested in Detroit's #1
I don't see any teams giving up two first rounders for the guy. Denver either really doesn't want to trade him, or they are just playinghard ball.

They ain't gettin 2 first rounders..........

Jason Campbell has played behind a very mediocre O-Line his whole career. And all of a sudden Cutler is supposed to fix that problem?

If Cerrato gives up that 1st round pick, I swear to God. But at the same time I honestly believe that this team doesnt even know how to draft which was provenlast year. So I can't even blame Cerrato/Snyder at this point.

im hearing on local radio that it will be this years first rd pick, the 2nd rd pick they get for jason campbell, and a future first rd pick..................................................... as much as i dont want them to have cutler, i must admit its intriguing to wait for the failure thatalmost surely follows a ******* free agent signing lls

edit ... IF YOU THINK JASON CAMPBELL IS ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS JAY CUTLER YOU SHOULD STOP WATCHING FOOTBALL

DoubleJs07 wrote:
Originally Posted by Proshares

DoubleJs07 wrote:
franchise3 wrote:
Reportedly the Skins are going hard for Cutler.

Already offering Jason Campbell to an undisclosed team for a 2nd rounder, that would be part of a package for Jay.
[h1]******** Trying to Land Cutler (Update 2)[/h1]

The Washington ******** are actively pursuing a trade for disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler tonight, according to NFL sources.

One source said the ******** are trying to complete the deal as quickly as possible although at least two other teams, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets, are also reportedly interested in acquiring Cutler. The two-year starter became available today when the Broncos announced they would trade him. Denver officials could not be reached for comment tonight.

The ******** declined comment.

The source said ******** owner Daniel M. Snyder has been pushing for the trade in an attempt to finally solve the team's decades-long pursuit of a franchise quarterback.

Another NFL source said a high-ranking ******** official contacted one NFL team today about the possibility of trading quarterback Jason Campbell for a second-round pick in the upcoming draft. That source said he interpreted the ********' overture as an attempt by Washington to put together a package to acquire Cutler.

Link

smh.gif
there we go giving up a pick....
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
You think if this doesn't go through Campbell will start complaining and demand a trade?
I just have a feeling that he isn't in the Skins long-term plans anyways....he's in the last year of his contract, but no extension has been offered. That says a lot in the grand scheme of things as far as what many in the Skins FO think of Jason Campbell. I think Campbell should get this last year to show what he can do with NO EXCUSES. I'm just not a believer in Jay Cutler succeeding in the Skins system, especially behind the current O-line (which may be hurt even more if we give up a pick to get Cutler). He (Cutler) had the luxury of playing behind one of the best O-lines in the NFL, but it's like a 180 when you compare the Broncos line to the Skins. He's not going to have that time to get rid of the ball like he did with the Broncos. Also, the 18 INT's is real high considering how good the people were in front of him. His #'s would take a huge hit assuming he was traded to Washington.

Maybe the Broncos view Cutler as a "system" guy, and I hate that term. Yeah, he's talented...but I guess he's easily replacable in the system that they run and also the the O-line that they have. If Campbell is traded for him, they must not feel like there is going to be a huge drop-off in production if #17 is under center in Denver. They've traded Portis becuase they can get production from other RB's in their system, and I guess they feel the same way when viewing Cutler....

If Cutler is brought into DC...great. I wish him the best of luck. However, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high as far as what he's going to do with our current O-line and contrasting passing system (compared to Denver) that is run here in DC....

Man its like here we go again the skins are chasing a big name...Because they arent sure what Jason Campbell can do. How about yall stop changing the offenseand let him settle in for a couple of years and see what he really has. If we got Cutler I really wouldnt approve of it, because I know we are going to give upway to much for a slightly better upgrade the Jason Campbell. Turnovers are big when playing in the NFC East , I'd rather take a sack then an forced INTanyday. I hope the ******** understand with Cutler he will be on the move constantly playign against the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys. If he throws 18 int'swith a time just imagine how many he is going to throw when pressured.

Man I'm behind Jason Campbell in this one...at least you don't here him coming out in the media complaing about where he wants to play. Jason Campbellhas the perfect attitude of a young NFL QB not to high on himself and not to low. If Jay Cutler sensitivae *+# comes to DC you think he will be able to dealwith are media? he cant even take Denvers media
smh.gif

The ******** should stay content on what they have...We know Jason has damn near the same arm as Cutler and he improves every year he gains experience. GiveJason this last year...and if things don't work out let him walk. The skins have plenty of options for next year. Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy are going tobe in the Draft plus you have "dare I say it" Colt Brennan
smh.gif
laugh.gif
on the roster. If Zorn can transform him into a satarting caliber QB then give him a shot or let him run the show until we can get somewhere better.

I just don't have a good feeling about Jay Cutler under center for the Skins!

LilStarZ07 wrote:
im hearing on local radio that it will be this years first rd pick, the 2nd rd pick they get for jason campbell, and a future first rd pick ..................................................... as much as i dont want them to have cutler, i must admit its intriguing to wait for the failure that almost surely follows a ******* free agent signing lls
so you are saying that we are going to trade the broncos are

-1st round (13th overall)
-2nd round (which we dont have...because of that dacing bum Jason Taylor)
mad.gif

-Jason Campbell
- And a future 1st rounder

G-T-F-O-H!!!!

If they give them Jason Campbell and our 1st Round Pick
laugh.gif

The ******** would be getting the short end of the stick like the Memphis Grizzles (Kwame for Pau)
smh.gif

what type of robbery are the Broncos trying to accomplish?

Two first rounders is a lot, but, the Broncos are saying they don't want a QB in return. A lot of previous scenarios had them getting back a QB..

If they don't want a QB in return, who are they going to roll with?

no ... youre trading jason campbell to some team that needs a qb for a 2nd rd pick ... then youre taking your first rd pick (13th) and that 2nd rd pick youjust got from trading campbell, and a uture first rd pick ... for cutler ...

the broncos dont want jason campbell, they want all picks ... im hearing the 2nd for campbell could be a 3rd as long as the two firsts are included

^
I think at this point it's just a bunch of bloggers putting our reports and local medias are following them.

Last night in the car, the local station here in Portland said they were close to a deal with the 9ers for their first round pick, a third round pick, a safety(can't remember his name) AND Alex Smith.
laugh.gif

That's what I went to bed hearing last night. Then I wake up and I haven't even seen that rumor on here yet, and we're talkin about all kinds ofother deals.
laugh.gif
So who knows, the deal will get done when it gets done. But imo anyone who gives up 2 first rounders is going to suck for the next 5 years, Cutler or not.

LilStarZ07 wrote:
no ... youre trading jason campbell to some team that needs a qb for a 2nd rd pick ... then youre taking your first rd pick (13th) and that 2nd rd pick you just got from trading campbell, and a uture first rd pick ... for cutler ...

the broncos dont want jason campbell, they want all picks ... im hearing the 2nd for campbell could be a 3rd as long as the two firsts are included

I pray these are just rumors and speculations or my whole weekend is going to me #*#!@% up
mad.gif

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

edit ... IF YOU THINK JASON CAMPBELL IS ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS JAY CUTLER YOU SHOULD STOP WATCHING FOOTBALL

I don't think anyone is saying that but with the difference between the Denver O-Line and Washington's O-Line then factor in how much better the D isin the NFC East than the AFC West I don't know how much of an upgrade you're actually getting with Cutler. Not saying he's not a better playerthan Campbell.

Last night in the car, the local station here in Portland said they were close to a deal with the 9ers for their first round pick, a third round pick, a safety (can't remember his name) AND Alex Smith.
Wasn't that the April Fools rumor too?
laugh.gif

After seeing the back of the Daily News, I'm starting to feel even more indifferent as a Jets fan in regards to trading for Cutler.

gal_back_04_02.jpg

If you can't read it, the bottom caption says "Jets are putting together a game plan to land Jay Cutler, and it appears they would be willing to tradefirst round pick - and maybe more - to Denver to disgruntled QB."

They are definitely going to have to trade away the first rounder, but the more part worries me. I feel like it could be a key player, or it could just be moredraft picks.

bkmac wrote:
After seeing the back of the Daily News, I'm starting to feel even more indifferent as a Jets fan in regards to trading for Cutler.

gal_back_04_02.jpg

If you can't read it, the bottom caption says "Jets are putting together a game plan to land Jay Cutler, and it appears they would be willing to trade first round pick - and maybe more - to Denver to disgruntled QB."

They are definitely going to have to trade away the first rounder, but the more part worries me. I feel like it could be a key player, or it could just be more draft picks.

roll.gif
nobody can read that unless your name is Clark Kent...good look intyping it.

But I'm glad the Jets are going ot make a string push...(if true)

Now I can sit back and watch Jason have his contract year in the same offense! If he can put it all together he has the guns around him to start a war.

-Santana Moss
-Devin Thomas
-Malcolm Kelly
-Chris Cooley
-Fred Davis

and Clinton Portis opening up the passing games doesn't hurt at all!

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

DoubleJs07 wrote:
Originally Posted by Proshares

DoubleJs07 wrote:
franchise3 wrote:
Reportedly the Skins are going hard for Cutler.

Already offering Jason Campbell to an undisclosed team for a 2nd rounder, that would be part of a package for Jay.
[h1]******** Trying to Land Cutler (Update 2)[/h1]

The Washington ******** are actively pursuing a trade for disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler tonight, according to NFL sources.

One source said the ******** are trying to complete the deal as quickly as possible although at least two other teams, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets, are also reportedly interested in acquiring Cutler. The two-year starter became available today when the Broncos announced they would trade him. Denver officials could not be reached for comment tonight.

The ******** declined comment.

The source said ******** owner Daniel M. Snyder has been pushing for the trade in an attempt to finally solve the team's decades-long pursuit of a franchise quarterback.

Another NFL source said a high-ranking ******** official contacted one NFL team today about the possibility of trading quarterback Jason Campbell for a second-round pick in the upcoming draft. That source said he interpreted the ********' overture as an attempt by Washington to put together a package to acquire Cutler.
Link

smh.gif
there we go giving up a pick....
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
You think if this doesn't go through Campbell will start complaining and demand a trade?
I just have a feeling that he isn't in the Skins long-term plans anyways....he's in the last year of his contract, but no extension has been offered. That says a lot in the grand scheme of things as far as what many in the Skins FO think of Jason Campbell. I think Campbell should get this last year to show what he can do with NO EXCUSES. I'm just not a believer in Jay Cutler succeeding in the Skins system, especially behind the current O-line (which may be hurt even more if we give up a pick to get Cutler). He (Cutler) had the luxury of playing behind one of the best O-lines in the NFL, but it's like a 180 when you compare the Broncos line to the Skins. He's not going to have that time to get rid of the ball like he did with the Broncos. Also, the 18 INT's is real high considering how good the people were in front of him. His #'s would take a huge hit assuming he was traded to Washington.

Maybe the Broncos view Cutler as a "system" guy, and I hate that term. Yeah, he's talented...but I guess he's easily replacable in the system that they run and also the the O-line that they have. If Campbell is traded for him, they must not feel like there is going to be a huge drop-off in production if #17 is under center in Denver. They've traded Portis becuase they can get production from other RB's in their system, and I guess they feel the same way when viewing Cutler....

If Cutler is brought into DC...great. I wish him the best of luck. However, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high as far as what he's going to do with our current O-line and contrasting passing system (compared to Denver) that is run here in DC....

Man its like here we go again the skins are chasing a big name...Because they arent sure what Jason Campbell can do. How about yall stop changing the offense and let him settle in for a couple of years and see what he really has. If we got Cutler I really wouldnt approve of it, because I know we are going to give up way to much for a slightly better upgrade the Jason Campbell. Turnovers are big when playing in the NFC East , I'd rather take a sack then an forced INT anyday. I hope the ******** understand with Cutler he will be on the move constantly playign against the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys. If he throws 18 int's with a time just imagine how many he is going to throw when pressured.

Man I'm behind Jason Campbell in this one...at least you don't here him coming out in the media complaing about where he wants to play. Jason Campbell has the perfect attitude of a young NFL QB not to high on himself and not to low. If Jay Cutler sensitivae *+# comes to DC you think he will be able to deal with are media? he cant even take Denvers media
smh.gif

The ******** should stay content on what they have...We know Jason has damn near the same arm as Cutler and he improves every year he gains experience. Give Jason this last year...and if things don't work out let him walk. The skins have plenty of options for next year. Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy are going to be in the Draft plus you have "dare I say it" Colt Brennan
smh.gif
laugh.gif
on the roster. If Zorn can transform him into a satarting caliber QB then give him a shot or let him run the show until we can get somewhere better.

I just don't have a good feeling about Jay Cutler under center for the Skins!

That's a great point Brandonb

I think at this point it's just a bunch of bloggers putting our reports and local medias are following them.

I really hope so...and I usually take what LilStarZ/marleysprotege/cherio says w. a grain of salt in the first place....however, the Skins did offer Cincy two1st round picks for Chad Johnson
laugh.gif
So, there may be some truth in these rumors

Rightguard wrote:
cutler will have no receivers in washington he should go to detriot jets or bucs...
I have to disagree with your statement 100%

-Santana Moss has been a proving option/down the field threat at WR as long as he is healthy!

-NFC TE's
1)Jason Witten
2)Chris Cooley

- We still have young (BIG) Pups that we havent developed yet/ its theier 2nd year: (WR Devin Thomas 6-2, 218lbs,WR Malcolm Kelly 6-4, 220lbs, and TE FredDavis 6-4, 250lbs)

what targets do the Jets/Bucs have to offer that are better options then that?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I really hope so...and I usually take what LilStarZ/marleysprotege/cherio says w. a grain of salt in the first place....however, the Skins did offer Cincy two 1st round picks for Chad Johnson
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
best believe it ... IF I WAS A SKINS FAN, i wouldnt havebeen big on the haynesworth signing or the hall resigning or their recent draft woes ... BUT IF I WAS A SKINS FAN, i would be writing letters, calling in toradio stations etc.. etc.. to get jay cutler ... not only because jason campbell is doo doo brow poop sauce, but because every successful franchise needseither a star qb or a dominant defense ... the ******** could potentially have both

Originally Posted by bkmac

gal_back_04_02.jpg

If you can't read it, the bottom caption says "Jets are putting together a game plan to land Jay Cutler, and it appears they would be willing to trade first round pick - and maybe more - to Denver to disgruntled QB."

They are definitely going to have to trade away the first rounder, but the more part worries me. I feel like it could be a key player, or it could just be more draft picks.
Supposedly, the Jets locker room is opposed to having Cutler, but management is full steam ahead with the idea.

No doubt Rhodes is mostly behind it.

Guess we'll see in the coming days.

LilStarZ07 wrote:
DoubleJs07 wrote:
I really hope so...and I usually take what LilStarZ/marleysprotege/cherio says w. a grain of salt in the first place....however, the Skins did offer Cincy two 1st round picks for Chad Johnson
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
best believe it ... IF I WAS A SKINS FAN, i wouldnt have been big on the haynesworth signing or the hall resigning or their recent draft woes ... BUT IF I WAS A SKINS FAN, i would be writing letters, calling in to radio stations etc.. etc.. to get jay cutler ... not only because jason campbell is doo doo brow poop sauce, but because every successful franchise needs either a star qb or a dominant defense ... the ******** could potentially have both

Okay you tell me what are the big diffrences between A. Jay Cutler and B. Jason Campbell and dont be bias be truthful

because I see the same QB, Jason just doest have as much confidence to throw into windows "yet" mainly because he has been in multiple systems. Theyboth have cannon's and both are able to scramble.

EDIT:Yes Jason tends to hold onto the ball and that may sway people to think he has no QB vision but I believe that is just him not being completly comfortableout on the field in the "offensive system" if the QB knows and has played in the system and still sucks then okay I would agree with you completely.But Jason has never really settle into one system like others ...

So what do you think?

Kiddin Like Jason wrote:
because I see the same QB
LOL.

Don't blame it on the offensive system.

No really can somebody/anybody give good reasoning to what sets them apart?

Has Jay Cutler ever had a winning season? (like you say lets not play the blame-game, so don't blame the Broncos Defense)

Yes Jay puts up #'s but he also has a lot of TO's some even in the red zone...

I know he has the attitude I can make any throw no matter how tight the defender is playing...but come on.

I don't dislike Jason Campbell in fact I would hope the Vikings would go get him if the Skins are truly danglin him for offers, but you have Jay Cutler whowas in his first full year of starting (correct me if I'm wrong) and had 4500 yds 25 tds and 18ints...yes the INTs are high, but he'll cut down on themI would think.

Theres no reason why 90% of the NFL shouldn't at least be inquiring about him and if you can get him without giving up your future then you should do it

And off topic, but why do fans of other teams especially on this board, get so mad at the decision the Skins make with their personnel?

Back
Top Bottom