Breaking News: D-Miles signs 10 day contract w/ Grizzlies Vol. Haha

Blazers & Grizzlies dont play each other until 2/18 at Portland .

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Wallace could use this to his advantage. Don't play Miles those two games, and the Grizzlies receive some kind of lopsided trade down the line.
nerd.gif

Open up the trade talks. If Wallace doesn't get an offer he likes, Darius plays at least two games and Portland is essentially financially handcuffed. Pretty simple.
im pretty sure thats illegal and would only help portland if they were to follow through with their lawsuit
laugh.gif

It's just a little behind-closed-doors negotiating. If Portland wants to play the joint venture card, they should be open to this idea. It would be lessdetrimental to them than straight up losing eighteen million dollars for nothing in return.

I'm not suggesting a Brandon Roy and Rudy Fernandez for Greg Buckner swap or anything ridiculous like that.

Dmiles is not a bust dude improved every year. Anyways Blazers deserve this, you never threaten ALL of the other NBA teams.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Originally Posted by jepeh21

D. Miles is the one who looks like a clown in this one, even though he gets paid.
and why is that?
He's just gonna get waived again. He's just being used as bait.

Nobody seconds away from collection $18,000,000 looks like a clown...unless of course they somehow don't end up getting it. He's probably losing sleepat night knowing he is so close to getting money I'm sure he thought he would never see.

Wallace could use this to his advantage. Don't play Miles those two games, and the Grizzlies receive some kind of lopsided trade down the line.
nerd.gif

Open up the trade talks. If Wallace doesn't get an offer he likes, Darius plays at least two games and Portland is essentially financially handcuffed. Pretty simple.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif
@Portland

I hope the Grizzlies aren't up to some shady business and
Miles gets backinto the league as has an impact.

That's a long read Nowitness, but IMO, that post is much ado about nothing.

The Grizzlies signed him to a 10 day contract, and who's to say what is their INTENT if they do play him the 2 games (Or more. Or less.)? People canassume that they're in it to sabotage the Blazers, but, the Grizzlies were one of the teams who signed him earlier in the year. Was it their intent thento mess up the Blazers? Is it now? What about when the Celtics signed him? I don't see how the Blazers can win this in court if they bring it there. First off, nobody told them to give D. Miles the contract in the first place, and while it was assumed it was a 'career ending' injury, D. Miles canobviously still play somewhat, because if it was that serious, dude wouldn't even be able to get on the court. Dude wants to get on the court andhopefully play the two games and collect his money obviously, but, who knows. Maybe dude still has some game left, and all he really wants is a chance. Wordto Bonzi out in China. Kudos to the Grizzlies and
laugh.gif
@ the Blazers.

nerd.gif

The Conley-Outlaw deal needs to be made NOW
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by phillipprettyugly

can't the blazers just trade for him, then bench him?
Nope, players who sign contracts must wait at least three months before they can be traded.

ESPN should have in game coverage of when Miles steps onto the court for that second game.

Originally Posted by ohboy716

Originally Posted by jepeh21

D. Miles is the one who looks like a clown in this one, even though he gets paid.
and why is that?
He's just gonna get waived again. He's just being used as bait.

Nobody seconds away from collection $18,000,000 looks like a clown...unless of course they somehow don't end up getting it. He's probably losing sleep at night knowing he is so close to getting money I'm sure he thought he would never see.

he's going to get the money regardless, its just a matter of who's going to pay it. The Blazers or the insurance company. If he plays it counts againstthe Blazers cap and he'd still be on their payroll. If he doesnt its considered a career ending injury and the money will be paid by insurance over alonger time period.

"I wish I could do this without me having to put money on [Portland's] salary cap,'' Miles told reporters last month when he joined the Grizzlies. "The only reason they say something about me is because of their business decision. They decided they didn't want me to play for that team anymore. It's kind of like the [Stephon Marbury] situation and everybody labeled me like I was this bad dude.''

......Those plans could be scuttled now if Miles signs and plays two games with any other NBA team. He already has second, third and fourth medical opinions on his side, all apparently contradicting the verdict on which Portland waived him, and Miles now needs only a fifth. Boston signed and used Miles in six preseason games (opinion No. 2). The Clippers worked him out (opinion No. 3) but passed with claims that he wasn't in shape and would take too long to contribute.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/steve_aschburner/01/09/miles/http://sportsillustrated....e_aschburner/01/09/miles/

I think that's a little too fair, considering the circumstances. Outlaw for Buckner is what I was thinking.

1gp3ip.jpg
laugh.gif

Touche...I'd ask for a daft pick too.

Originally Posted by ohboy716

Nobody seconds away from collection $18,000,000 looks like a clown...unless of course they somehow don't end up getting it. He's probably losing sleep at night knowing he is so close to getting money I'm sure he thought he would never see.

D Miles' money is guaranteed, he's getting paid whether he plays or not.. What's at stake is whether or not the Blazers take thesalary cap hit.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

I dont see the purpose of this besides throwing away money.
The Grizzlies actually gain money in the deal. Adding Darius back to the Blazers' payroll pushes them over the luxury tax limit. They nowhave to pay tax to all teams that are below the limit. I read that the Grizzlies would be receiving $250k from the Blazers in luxury tax revenues.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom