BREAKING NEWS Mike Vick to the Eagles Confirmed

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

any word on how he looked in practice?? i know the first half he only ran scout team... but still...
http://blogs.mcall.com/ea...p-in-first-practice.html
[h2]Michael Vick sharp in first practice[/h2] [h3]Total People in Discussion: 4[/h3]
Categories: Eagles

Posted by Andre Williams at 04:14:23 PM on August 15, 2009

trans.gif

By Andre D. Williams
OF THE MORNING CALL
PHILADELPHIA - Michael Vick practiced for the first time since 2007, throwing a barrage of crisp passes, two off deep spirals to rookie wide receiver Jeremy Maclin on 50-yard pass plays during one-on-one drills at the Philadelphia Eagles' NovaCare Complex today.
Overall Vick, who was signed to a $1.6 million contract by the Eagles on Thursday with a $5 million club option for a second year, demonstrated that he he has not lost his touch, step, and according to Maclin, his professionalism.
"That's part of his competitive nature," Maclin said. "I'm sure he doesn't want to go out there and look sloppy. I'm pretty sure he's been working on throwing the ball a little bit.
"Obviously, he wants to play quarterback. We'll see what we can do with him."
The Eagles only practiced in jersey and shorts, but will go full pads on Sunday and Vick will participate, coach Andy Reid said.
Today, if he had jitters, Vick didn't show any in warm ups or drills. He smiled often, laughed, even gave teammates a fist pound.
Vick, wearing his trademark No. 7, is back in the NFL, despite major protests that included a small airplane flying past Ocean City, N.J. with a banner that read, "Shame on Eagles, boycott game."
But Vick, who was conditionally reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on July 27, has the backing of his teammates, who have not prejudged him for the 18-month prison sentence he served for federal dogfighting charges.
"I can imagine how he felt stepping out there with his No. 7 jersey on, just feeling a part of something again," cornerback Asante Samuel said. "I'm happy for him."
Never mind the protests.
"We can't worry about that," Samuel said. "We are just going to play football. We're not worried about the distractions. We are just going to go out herer and try to win some games and hopefully they [fans] will be excited for that."
Vick's first practice also included him participating in 7-on-7 drills and all his pases were on target. His top three highlights were on his bomb connections, twice to Maclin and once to wide receiver DeSean Jackson.
[email protected]
610-820-6529
Vick is back like he never left.
pimp.gif

He's still got the long ball on lock
pimp.gif
I wonder if he'll ever be able to develop accuracy and touch on his short passes though, that's what was holding him back from being a great passer.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif

I know this isnt the best thing to hope for, because well, its another man's money, but I hope McNabb gets tears his acl and is out for the season
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

I know this isnt the best thing to hope for, because well, its another man's money, but I hope McNabb gets tears his acl and is out for the season
devil.gif
Shizzots fired

^
smh.gif
to wishing injury. also, no penny, but just judging by definition in vick's calves it looks like he still has kept in shape for sure. Not saying hehas 2006 speed yet but I don't think he is that far away. A hungry, explosive athlete. I am definitely not looking forward to the Bears game.

devil.gif
smh.gif

There's a reason why Vick ended up in Philly, as insurance just in case McNabb goes down. Keep in mind McNabb has a history of major injuries during hisNFL career:

Broken ankle/fractured fibula in 2002. Missed the rest of the regular season but came back to play in the playoffs.
Sports hernia in 2005.
Torn ACL against the Titans during the 2006-07 season.

devil.gif
Shut up.
I want Vick to throw a couple this year.
But I would really love to see Mcnabb finally win one.

sensaciondelbloque wrote:
HE'S BAAACCKKK!!!

(be advised, this video will give u the chills, well worth the 8:30)

this was my reaction watching this video.......��
glasses.gif
grin.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

This _�� be darting out the pocket like a bolt of lightning... i swear one play started at the 10.... and he took off and ended at the other 10.
dude is a phenom!!!!� cant wait to see him back on the field.
one of my fav players in the L

^^^ word...I just watched that too like.
eek.gif
smh.gif
.. I'm ready to see whathe looks like on the field, I'm sure he has alot left in the tank..dude is gifted..If Andy/McNabb can get him settled in as a better pocket passer.. Goingto be a problemo.
sick.gif

^yes the video is amazing no doubt. I'm just saying why did the uploader have to put that Requiem for a Dream soundtrack on it? Got me thinking about themovie more than the plays. Plus, that soundtrack is used so often it drives me crazy. $+## is sinister.

Back
Top Bottom