Breaking News::::: NORTH KOREA has fired FOUR short-range missiles..... (South Korea confirms)

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by THE FAME

smh.gif
at this thread.
On some real +##% though. This country deserves to get blown up.

Why are you so angry?

Afghanistan who knows where that will end. Iraq we ended up winning by mistake and still the cost outweighed the benefit.

We are/weren't fighting against an army in these two situations.

If you go to war, you go to win. The problem with Iraq and Afghanistan is that they were too politicized, there is no reason why we were in Iraq and Afghanistan for so long. They shouldve sent in enough troops to finish the job completely and leave, the surge was a few years too late and couldve saved lives if they sent in the proper amount of troops.

We got raped in vietnam. Just because our military is superior, there is no way we would win a war if we attacked that country.

We did lose 50,000+ troops, but they lost damn near a 1,000,000 people. I agree that even with our superior technology is doesn't necessarily the winner bydefault, if you look at the total military between us and lets say China, they outnumber us more than 2-to-1 and that is only the military. They have 2 billionpeople and can gather anybody and throw them at our troops.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Famines in the last decade? Yes that's bad, but look at the statistics about America. The annual murder rate hovers around 17,000. Then we have the number of people incarcerated in America, the poverty rate, etc. You can find things of that sort for every country.

I have absolutely no problem with any response, but I would much rather push for diplomacy before aggression.

We have all seen the videos of the pride North Koreans have over their country. Their sense of nationalism is just as strong as ours. To under mind them and treat them as a "little brother" or "annoying child" is a terrible approach, and will only lead to more aggression and tension between us.
I'm sure you'd enjoy a tea party with Kim Jong Il too wouldn't you?
There have been ongoing attempts to talk to this dude & he's just doing whatever he wants.... CLEARLY

Like I asked before to someone in this thread (maybe you).... what's your solution?

Originally Posted by Prez T

some of yall REALLY need to look up the history of NK before you enter this thread

Mo Matik - are you seriously trying to compare the living conditions of NK to the US ?
do you realize what percentage '17,000' is of 306 million ?
Exactly.... I kind of got the feeling he was trying to compare the 2..... but I really hope not
I am comparing the two. Of course I understand the percentage makes it a big difference, but my whole point is that statistics can be misleadingabout the overall morale of a countries people.

If someone told you "The United States has less than 5 percent of the world's population. But it has almost a quarter of the world'sprisoners," what would you think about that country? 36 million Americans live below the poverty line. What would you think about America?

You are telling me that North Koreans don't have a strong sense of nationalism and pride? Of course they do. They thrive on their hatred to the bullyingwe continuously take part in.

We (Americans) need to get off our high horses. All I'm saying. Of course, what he is doing is threatening.

But again, missile testing is not enough reason to "nuke them" or some ridiculous response like that. Countries test their missiles all the damntime, but N. Korea, because it's been added to the propoganda machine "Axis of Evil", people automatically freak out.

The responses I see here are over the top. All I'm saying.

My response is of course, appeasement and diplomacy, like any sane person would.

Something isn't really right here....

This thread on NT being one of them. Here's our problem, we have 12 year olds trying to have a conversation about nuclear weapons and North Korea.

If the U.S. goes to war with North Korea.

Enlist me for the army. Draft me.

I'm all for killing them. Tired of this Dictator.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by freewayfrankie

It is a Fox news headline, so they probably only lit off a few bottle rockets. Fox are fear-mongerers.
Actually if you read the post you'd see that it was an MSNBC breaking news headline.... yeah the left wing MSNBC..... stop it with such stupid posts.
Originally Posted by DubA169

all of your playground analogies are ridiculous, please stop

nukes>fireworks
How are they ridiculous?
Oh yeah because I don't know nukes > fireworks
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
stop it

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

The U.S won't do anything untill they attack us first.
You are most likely correct.
Originally Posted by lyfeis2short

Are you serious? No country wants it with us? Sounds like you need to go to your school and get your money back.....coz you didn't learn a thing.
This is what makes me laugh bout the USA Govt (before Obama). They invaded Iraq because they thought Iraq had WMDs. Also, Iraq has never said at any time that they wanted to invade the US or were making any plans to do so! .........Now, here's Nth Korea on the other hand, that have verbally attacked the US, Japan and Sth Korea. They're actively testing WMDs and have told the US to stay the hella out the way or they gonna lay a major smack down on em! And what does the so-called > country in the world do?.,.........NOTHING! The USA has known for years that Nth Korea has been slowly arming itself and that those guys over there are NUTSO! But they go start trouble with a small country that was minding his own business in the middle east....Whose getting punked now?
Yes I'm serious. US > any country in the world when it comes to military, life, anything really
Who's getting punked now? Yeah the US is getting punked right?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i gotta co sign... north korea has been telling us they got WMD's and ready to shoot... but we go mess with iraq... "looking" for it that $#@!... while another country is flaunting it.....
bush jr just wanted to finish off what his daddy didnt do..
Kim Jong Nut Job ain't about to do a damn thing
Originally Posted by INFAMOUS199

lol north korea and their antics. Please dont nobody in the world want it with the U.S. especially them. Off the bat we just send our allys to deal with them (japan,southkorea,russia) and if need be we jump in and shut it down and if worse comes to worse we all know what happens radiation time
Pretty much.
It'd be nice if some countries like China or other countries close to North Korea would actually DO SOMETHING
But we know that's not going to happen

Originally Posted by Biggie62

There is much more to war than just technology. I'm curious how the US would react if some country actually reached its mainland. Since the US hasn't had a foreign power on its mainland since the war of 1812.
You serious? We'd win.
Originally Posted by Illuztrious

America's dominance of the playground is over
laugh.gif
Seriously..... what a STUPID POST....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The Koreans have good reason to hate America. America tore their country apart for its own reasons and ever since kept it a pariah, denying it a place in the World because it doesn't fit the American model. No wonder the Koreans hate the Americans. Ditto the Vietnamese, Iranians, Iraqis, Afghans, Somalis and all the other countries that sent America packing every once in a while.
What the hell are you talking about? The people were oppressed before the US says/does anything and if the United States didn't exist the people would still be oppressed. These countries commit human rights atrocities on a daily basis.

Exactly.
Originally Posted by DublBagn

I am not trying to be the cheerleader type saying "America! we are the best"....but I am saying that we really are the best
Exactly.
Originally Posted by Biggie62

Learn to be humble. Arrogance never gets you anywhere. Look at the Persian and Roman Empires. Dominance lasts only so long. They US could lose a lot by involving itself in even more wars. And like someone said earlier. We have enough problems in our own homeland to waste another trillion dollars on another war. And lets add to the fact that people are considering a move to the Euro as the world currency for trade. Which would make the dollar drop even more in value. Thus weakening the US. Damn arrogance, it only leads to downfall.
I don't think we need to be in any more wars either.... bring the troops home from Iraq.... put some in Afghanistan & we're good.
Then focus on CLOSING our borders so no more illegal immigrants get in & securing our boarders will increase our safety.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

They're like them dudes in club parking lots that pull their strap out and shoot in the air.

Not worried...
laugh.gif
That's what I'm thinking too....

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Well if NK people had access to the internet to see how homes look like in American than I doubt it.

Do you people realize how many millions of North Koreans have died to food shortage in the last decade? I mean google North Korea Famine and research for yourself.

SMH at people thinking we're bullying North Korea. Our country just last year removed them from the list of State Sponsored Terrorist and we were to provide their country with aid called the aid-for-disarmament deal.

The US is doing what it can to help NK but when this country continues to test nukes underground and test fire short range missiles what do you think we're going to do?
Exactly.

The United States doesnt get NEARRRR the credit it deserves for helping out other countries

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by Prez T

NORTH KOREA has fired two short-range missiles..... (South Korea confirms)
STILL aint shook of these dudes ... they arent a threat to us , some of yall need to stop getting shook everytime they make some type of noise

and when TBONE says 'United States > any country in the world' hes talking about military power
I believe he is talking about overall and military power.. The 1st one is subjective (I think it is but for me it is the best, I'm not naive to think it is the best in the world because someone might think China or Japan is, that is why it is subjective).. The 2nd is up for debate.

You're crazy.... for #1 & #2

We the best country to live in... even with our troubles right now and we are definitely the military power of the world

Thats BS, There is more unhealty, unhappy people in the USA than in many other countries throughout the world. I believe Scandinavian countries rank high forhappiest in the world. The US falls short of the top 20: http://www.hongkiat.com/b...-countries-in-the-world/ I ve been to Denmark before andit seems like a really cool place to live in. People are really friendly, it's another world. I am hopeful because I see the US going in the same directionas these countries. I have a danish friend who had the chance to work in the US, but decided to go back to Denmark to work for less pay. He was gonna work onmadison ave. in NY at an Ad Agency.

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

Originally Posted by dalilboy

a really bad time to live in cali were gunna get hit first
smh.gif
NORTH KOREA DOESNT HAVE ANY MISSILES THAT ARE CAPABLE OF REACHING THE MAINLAND OF THE UNITED STATES...

???????????

What are you thinking? Of course they don't have missiles that would reach your country. Nor did Bin Laden for that matter but that didn't stop himopening the whoop -@ss can on the US (if you beleive he had something to do with it). You honestly think that NK is gonna fightfair? No country fights fair.....so what their missiles can't reach your country...I bet it sneaks up on your embassy's in China and Japan and says"knock knock......BOOM!!!!!!....and those are classified as US soil.

All I know is that the USA told NK to stop making weapons and halt all testing....or else. NK pretty much told the USA to step the hell off before it startssomething that it can't finish.......and the USA dropped nutz....went back into the corner and started sucking its thumb. So I don't wanna read allthis "no one wants to mess with the USA talk" because it's not true.

Stop the press people!

Thats BS, There is more unhealty, unhappy people in the USA than in many other countries throughout the world. I believe Scandinavian countries rank high for happiest in the world. The US falls short of the top 20: http://www.hongkiat.com/b...-countries-in-the-world/ I ve been to Denmark before and it seems like a really cool place to live in. People are really friendly, it's another world. I am hopeful because I see the US going in the same direction as these countries. I have a danish friend who had the chance to work in the US, but decided to go back to Denmark to work for less pay. He was gonna work on madison ave. in NY at an Ad Agency.

roll.gif
At taking those as fact. How are you going to base something that is sosubjective?

They have one of the highest tax rates in the world, I hope to god we aren't moving that way. Oh wait, we are.

Thats BS, There is more unhealty, unhappy people in the USA than in many other countries throughout the world. I believe Scandinavian countries rank high for happiest in the world. The US falls short of the top 20: http://www.hongkiat.com/b...-countries-in-the-world/ I ve been to Denmark before and it seems like a really cool place to live in. People are really friendly, it's another world. I am hopeful because I see the US going in the same direction as these countries. I have a danish friend who had the chance to work in the US, but decided to go back to Denmark to work for less pay. He was gonna work on madison ave. in NY at an Ad Agency.

roll.gif
At taking those as fact. How are you going to base something that is so subjective?

They have one of the highest tax rates in the world, I hope to god we aren't moving that way. Oh wait, we are.

I guess fat people are pretty jolly?

Originally Posted by Breakyaneck3000

roll.gif
At taking those as fact. How are you going to base something that is so subjective?

I guess fat people are pretty jolly?

I see so many patients that are obese, overweight, and even skinny people who have Diabetes. I have to say that a larger percentage of the overweight/obesepeople live a better quality of life than the skinny people. They are happier and are even more outgoing than the ones that are skinny. Like I said, thosepolls are so subjective that they are irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom