BREAKING NEWS: Shots fired at U.S. Capitol; building on lockdown

Capitol police said Thursday that shots were reported fired outside the Capitol and all staffers were warned to stay inside and away from doors.

“If you are in an office building, shelter in place,” an audio message broadcast to Capitol offices said, also warning those on the grounds outside to seek cover.

Officers were scouring the area just outside the Senate with rifles at the ready. At one point an officer was crouched with a rifle to his shoulder as he guarded visitors who had been walking up a path around the Capitol.

A notice broadcast on the internal television system ordered employees to “close, lock and stay away from external doors and windows.”

Minutes after the alert went out, police had barricaded off Constitution Avenue and had shut down the grounds.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-lockdown/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

I know NT hates conspiracies but infowars has been posting a lot lately about something crazy going down in the DC area. I hope this isn't it.

My guess is its an upset government employee who is currently "unemployed" because the inability of the lawmakers to hash out a budget/ as some try and hold out on agreeing on a budget to withhold government services in a last ditch effort to repeal "Obamacare". :smh:

The higher ups are still getting paid as they argue but loads of others on the bottom will be jobless for a while.

Last edited:
My guess is its an upset government employee who is currently "unemployed" because the inability of the lawmakers to hash out a budget.

The higher ups are still getting paid as they argue but loads of others on the bottom arent getting paid for a while.
That'd be my guess too.

2852596-url.jpg

Someone was trying to run through a barrier and shots were fired by law enforcement agents in response. Person has been detained.

This whole thing in DC is getting out of hand. My program will be shut down in 3 months if this continues... I honestly don't see it lasting that long but this is scary.

My guess is its an upset government employee who is currently "unemployed" because the inability of the lawmakers to hash out a budget.
I hear ya but my guess would be soon Tea Party affiliate.

Report of a woman suspect already being killed. :wow:

ABC News ‏@ABC 4m
#BREAKING: Source says female suspect reported dead on scene at U.S. Capitol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom