BREAKING NEWS: Yao's career might be over

I know it might be too early to speak, but check out this article, it would really suck if he retires, he could of been an all time great center

ohwell.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Yao-Ming-s-career-could-be-over?urn=nba-297005

Houston Rockets center Yao Ming(notes) has a stress fracture in his left ankle, the injury is related to the ankle sprain that he suffered earlier this year, and you have to wonder if this streak of injuries is ever going to end.
Clutchfans.net has the news:
An MRI performed today on Rockets center Yao Ming revealed a stress fracture of the Medial Malleolus in his left ankle. The fracture, which is related to his previous injury of the Tarsal Navicular bone, presented itself during the course of his current rehabilitation program. There is no timetable for his return at this time.
It should be noted that this stress fracture isn't related to the stress fractures Yao has had to deal with in his actual feet, and that it's only related to the ankle sprain he suffered in November, but if the guy can't come back from a sprained ankle without one of his bones developing a crack (stress fractures aren't clean breaks, but they're serious stuff nevertheless), how is this ever going to work?
Yao's Rockets still have legitimate playoff aspirations. They've had a bad luck streak in losing both Yao and point man Aaron Brooks(notes) so far, and the team's 10-15 record isn't quite representative because they've lost quite a few close games. But this is news that tends to enervate, to say the very least.
It could also be the best thing for all involved, as the Rockets start to properly rebuild, and Yao takes another near-full year off to work his feet back to health. But a silver lining like that is just too depressing to consider right now.
As it stands right now, this could be the injury that ends Yao Ming's career. Hopefully he has the wherewithal to ignore what many of us would have done by now (accept retirement) and work his way back to health.

I know it might be too early to speak, but check out this article, it would really suck if he retires, he could of been an all time great center

ohwell.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Yao-Ming-s-career-could-be-over?urn=nba-297005

Houston Rockets center Yao Ming(notes) has a stress fracture in his left ankle, the injury is related to the ankle sprain that he suffered earlier this year, and you have to wonder if this streak of injuries is ever going to end.
Clutchfans.net has the news:
An MRI performed today on Rockets center Yao Ming revealed a stress fracture of the Medial Malleolus in his left ankle. The fracture, which is related to his previous injury of the Tarsal Navicular bone, presented itself during the course of his current rehabilitation program. There is no timetable for his return at this time.
It should be noted that this stress fracture isn't related to the stress fractures Yao has had to deal with in his actual feet, and that it's only related to the ankle sprain he suffered in November, but if the guy can't come back from a sprained ankle without one of his bones developing a crack (stress fractures aren't clean breaks, but they're serious stuff nevertheless), how is this ever going to work?
Yao's Rockets still have legitimate playoff aspirations. They've had a bad luck streak in losing both Yao and point man Aaron Brooks(notes) so far, and the team's 10-15 record isn't quite representative because they've lost quite a few close games. But this is news that tends to enervate, to say the very least.
It could also be the best thing for all involved, as the Rockets start to properly rebuild, and Yao takes another near-full year off to work his feet back to health. But a silver lining like that is just too depressing to consider right now.
As it stands right now, this could be the injury that ends Yao Ming's career. Hopefully he has the wherewithal to ignore what many of us would have done by now (accept retirement) and work his way back to health.

Unfortunately this is just what Yao was destined for. No one his size could stay healthy for a career in my opinion.

I wish he could have been dominant for longer, but it's sad when players careers are shortened due to consistent injuries.

Unfortunately this is just what Yao was destined for. No one his size could stay healthy for a career in my opinion.

I wish he could have been dominant for longer, but it's sad when players careers are shortened due to consistent injuries.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

He would have been around for a few more years if China didn't treat him like a child laborer.

He would have been around for a few more years if China didn't treat him like a child laborer.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

mad.gif

laugh.gif
 i chuckled.

but big j his size? it didnt stop shawn bradley

(kanye shrug)

mad.gif

laugh.gif
 i chuckled.

(kanye shrug)

co-sign

co-sign

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif
 i chuckled.

(kanye shrug)

Shawn Bradley's soft $*$??

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif
 i chuckled.

(kanye shrug)

Shawn Bradley's soft $*$??

Very sad, but the Chinese national team has to share a lot of the blame. Him not wanting to say no to them also has a lot to do with it.

Very sad, but the Chinese national team has to share a lot of the blame. Him not wanting to say no to them also has a lot to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom