BROOKLYN NETS Off-Season Thread - Welcome KG P2 and Jet

Interesting article, but I wouldn't say Reggie is the most underrated. My opinion would have to be toko shengalia. He is very talented but played sparingly off the bench last season

good article... i feel like reggie is gonna be a huge asset for us this season (again). i like him coming off the bench because he'll bring in energy & a quick spark & he'll be able to give KG rest while still getting all the dirty work done. at the same time, if we have KG & reggie on the court together, that gritty play from both of them will have the paint well under control. another key to his play this season is with all the scorers on the team this year, whether in the starting lineup, or off the bench, he won't have to worry about his lack offense (to be nice :lol: ) at all. he can just come in & do what he does best, as opposed to last season when him struggling in the paint & at the line hurt us.

one player to watch out for this year (imo) is mirza... kidd has talked about giving him more minutes & giving him some freedom out there in the offense & i think if J can get him enough minutes to where he can get comfortable & find a groove, he can definitely flourish as a stretch 4. his quick offense is something that could be a perfect fit with our lineups.

good article... i feel like reggie is gonna be a huge asset for us this season (again). i like him coming off the bench because he'll bring in energy & a quick spark & he'll be able to give KG rest while still getting all the dirty work done. at the same time, if we have KG & reggie on the court together, that gritty play from both of them will have the paint well under control. another key to his play this season is with all the scorers on the team this year, whether in the starting lineup, or off the bench, he won't have to worry about his lack offense (to be nice :lol: ) at all. he can just come in & do what he does best, as opposed to last season when him struggling in the paint & at the line hurt us.

one player to watch out for this year (imo) is mirza... kidd has talked about giving him more minutes & giving him some freedom out there in the offense & i think if J can get him enough minutes to where he can get comfortable & find a groove, he can definitely flourish as a stretch 4. his quick offense is something that could be a perfect fit with our lineups.

I almost threw up reading that. Reggie was a giant reason - GIANT reason that we got bounced by a depleted Bulls team. I'd be happy if he never played a minute for us again. I honestly hope he gets traded for a 2nd round pick or a nickel. We should leave room open for Mirza to back up PF, for AK47, for Blatche to play PF. Evans just jams up the rotation and I'm honestly more than tired of him. :smh:

IMO Reggie helps the team but can also be a liability. His lack of offensive game really puts the team in bind, but his rebounding is off the charts. So, they both cancel each other out. The biggest problem for most of last season was his defense, especially vs the Bulls. Boozer and his damn fade-away-behind-the-head jumpshot of his killed the Nets. Reggie couldn't stop anything Boozer did. Blatche had more success vs Boozer at times.

And Gerald Wallace didn't help much either. But that's another story. :smh: :lol:

Brooklyn Nets Schedule announced 2013-14

During a special on NBA TV, the league announced team schedules tonight. The long wait is over, Nets fans, since we know know exactly what we'll be doing for 82 nights from the end of October until the middle of April.

Brooklyn will open the season on October 30 at 7:00 PM against the Cleveland Cavaliers, and will play their first home game on November 1st against the LeBron James and the Miami Heat.

They will play 26 nationally televised games, including a Christmas Day game against the Chicago Bulls at home on 12:00 PM (ESPN). The breakdown is as follows: TNT 8 times, ESPN 9 times and NBA TV 9 times.

The Nets were on TNT (3) and ESPN (9) a total of 12 times in 2012-13. In addition, five other games were on NBA TV. They were not on TNT or ESPN on 2011-12.

And, yes, they play in London on January 16th against the Atlanta Hawks, a road game for the Nets.

They play the Knicks on January 20th at 2:30 PM (ESPN) for the Martin Luther King, Jr., matinee.

Of course the highlight of the schedule is December 10th when the Boston Celtics come to Brooklyn for the first time since the big trade and then on January 26 (ESPN) when the Nets play in Boston for the first time.

Their longest road trip is February 13th through March 1st, where they play a 7-game "circus road trip."

that national coverage :pimp:

& believe me, reggie's offensive & defensive struggles last year are definitely duly noted :lol: however, his rebounding, tough play, & someone known to do the dirty work on the court is something that, matched up with KG, could bring a lot of energy & grittiness to the court (imo). i think that combo has a lot of potential in certain situations this year.

Last edited:
Honestly, after seeing him steal rebounds from teammates, turn the ball over, brick layups, not attempt to block any shot in hopes of getting a rebound and generally mess up our entire offense - I don't give a damn about his toughness or grit.

Give me someone that plays defense or has skills, Reggie showed me how silly rebounding stats can be last year. It got to the point where no one else would try getting the rebound because Reggie was willing to
Barrel into his own teammates and cause turnovers for that precious rebound. It wasn't helpful. I hope Mirza takes all of his minutes or he gets traded for a PS4

The Truth is an azzhat... Brooklyn and NYC don't need more beef. It's just a game to him but that bs he's spouting can get real after the wrong cats had a few drinks. He sould be worrying about Miami and not the Knicks. SMH

The Truth is an azzhat... Brooklyn and NYC don't need more beef. It's just a game to him but that bs he's spouting can get real after the wrong cats had a few drinks. He sould be worrying about Miami and not the Knicks. SMH
huh?

Just read Brook did show up.

Reggie, Dray, AK47 didn't and only 2 others didn't either

Last edited:
I'll make the thread this year.

I wouldn't have been able to update the threads in previous years, but I can now.

I'll probably make it when training camp starts in October.

Back
Top Bottom