Brooklyn Nets official thread: 20-21 season

Missed the Bucks game. But I assume Giannis did that thing barrels himself into defenders most of the game and gets the foul call :lol:

Def folded in OT vs Mavs. I felt like they should've had that damn game. Making very slight progress no doubt but still. Patty Mills got picked on :lol:

Joe Harris would've helped a lot yesterday. But I think Seth is coming back soon. He's practicing with the G-League team now :pimp:

here's a stat

Nets gotta stop letting other stars get whatever on offense. They're damn near averaging 40 pts against the Nets. I thought Royce and/or would help with that but nothing so far. Maybe its the defense scheme??

Another day, another loss. :lol:

I don't plan on reading too much about this team right now bc I already know there will be a ton of negativity (justifiably so).

And I doubt the player's only meeting will help bc the personnel is still the same. But let's see what happens in the next week or so.

yeah first game vs the Pacers was STINKY :lol: :lol: :lol: much better effort the second game

I should start a petition to move Ben to bench. Let him be the first sub in. The team needs Joe or at least Seth there more than they need Ben, especially if he's not quite healthy yet.

Yep, I've said the same thing. Ben needs to come off the bench until he's ready.

As for the game, much better defensive effort all around. B2B tonight so we'll see if the legs are there.

I think Nash is a good guy and I wish things had worked out.

However, he was in over his head from jump. Best of luck to him in the future.

As for the Nets, I have very low expectations for them for the immediate future. Not sold on Ime becoming the next coach.

I'm just glad more and more people are seeing how bad of an owner Tsai has been so far.

Finally, as for Kyrie, he has donated money to the ADL, he has said he meant no ill will towards any community, and I have yet to hear a single boo from the supposedly predominantly Jewish home crowd in the 3 games he played since the news broke. So it seems as if the team can move forward now.

You and Michael Grady made a GREAT decision! :rofl:

Is there any room for me on the Wolves ship? :nerd: :lol:

Anyway, this team is about to get blown up and tbh, the Nets deserve every bit of the heat they have gotten this year.

I remember Nash's first year. Dude didn't know when to call timeouts lol. He didn't do himself any favors along the way.

It's funny seeing people who were initially saying Nash shouldn't have been in first place, now saying he was treated unfairly. IMO dude was unfit to be a head coach.

Tsai, Marks and the players share equal blame thus far. It's early. I wonder what's next. Nothing would necessarily surprise me :lol:

This organization is sad and pathetic. I used to be a fan and this was the team I could root for and go to games. Then they started to get all the players I didn't like (kd, adolf irving, harden, simmons). Now they want to hire a coach who has his own issues.

Marks should just take the blue pill and rehire Atkinson, trade KD for Fro and some picks, trade KI for Dinwiddie and act as if the past 4 seasons didn't happen. :lol:

I don't know, we'll have to see about that. :lol:

Nets have earned the mess they're in now.

Shoulda traded KD and Kyrie, ease Ben back in with a rebuilding roster around him so that the pressure would be low, and cut ties with Marks.

But Tsai is obviously too stubborn for his own good.

At this point, it's time to blow it all up and clean house.

After seeing an actual Ambassador tweet that Ky was “put in his place” I ride with him. He took the link down, apologized, had his apology scrutinized for authenticity, Ramona Shelbourne been riding him all week, then to have an Ambassador say that Kyrie was “put in his place” was over the top for me. Opinions will vary, and I respect that.

I don't know, we'll have to see about that. :lol:

Nets have earned the mess they're in now.

Shoulda traded KD and Kyrie, ease Ben back in with a rebuilding roster around him so that the pressure would be low, and cut ties with Marks.

But Tsai is obviously too stubborn for his own good.

At this point, it's time to blow it all up and clean house.
Ben Simmons is mentally weak, has zero dog in him and can’t make a basket outside of the restricted zone, including free throws. Doesn’t matter how talented he is. You can’t win a championship with a guy like that as your point guard.

…no matter who you put around him.

After seeing an actual Ambassador tweet that Ky was “put in his place” I ride with him. He took the link down, apologized, had his apology scrutinized for authenticity, Ramona Shelbourne been riding him all week, then to have an Ambassador say that Kyrie was “put in his place” was over the top for me. Opinions will vary, and I respect that.
Had his apology scrutinized for authenticity?

Um…yeah…because he repeatedly refused to apologize until he was suspended.

I think by any reasonable standard that makes it inherently disingenuous.

1667621840532.png

You and Michael Grady made a GREAT decision! :rofl:

Is there any room for me on the Wolves ship? :nerd: :lol:

Anyway, this team is about to get blown up and tbh, the Nets deserve every bit of the heat they have gotten this year.

Oh theres room, but be careful what you ask for ! :lol:

GRADY IS DOING AN AMZING JOB. There alot of cats that miss Benz and I understand that completely, but MR Grady makes and amazing experience every night EVEN BETTER FOR ME, and THAT ISH AINT EASY !

HE till calls out "CASH"..................... just not as much :angry:

The day they traded J Allen was the beginning of the end IMHO. I know hindsight is 20/20, but man THAT CAT WAS AND IS THE MOVE.

IF kyrie didnt act a fool with the VACCINATION stuff, Harden would not have left and PARADISE would be upon the Nets.

Basketball Gods having their way with this team.

Still would like to see them win the east if not Phila, which aint happenin

YOUR SEAT IS SAVED shuges !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYTIME !!!

grady.jpg

50 or 60 something consecutive made FTs and KD misses the 2 that would've the game to OT lol

overall team is playing better and holding teams to less than 100 pts in always a plus.

Tsai on some bs with those requirements for Kyrie smh.

also CAM THOMAS HAS BEEN FREED!!! :pimp: :pimp:

the team responded to KD basically saying they aren't good enough right now (and he's right lol) especially after that nasty game in Sac

Kyrie looks to be coming back :pimp:

I haven't been on NT in like a week or so but I've been watching the games and kept up with the news.

Looking forward to tonight's game is all I'm going to say for now.

People are excited that Ben has been putting up steady numbers lately.

But honestly, I feel it's a bit of an over-reaction.

Just like earlier when he was struggling, I thought people were over-reacting then too.

He still is super hesitant to take it all the way to the rack. And he still has yet to take an actual set jumper.

The team and the fans just have to be patient with him. He'll be fine once his comfort level returns.

Pathetic performance.

If you can't beat THAT Philly team they threw out there last night, then you aren't a serious contender.

Nets should've been able to do what the Pels did to GS the other night and smoke Philly right out of the gym. :smokin

I'm tired of saying how much this team lacks interior size as well as some toughness. No idea what Marks is doing. :smh:

Both KD and KI seemed to just be going through the motions last night.

There's a reason KD requested Marks be fired. And there's a reason him and KI keep mentioning the roster construction.

Not sure what Tsai sees in Marks. But at this point, the only way to keep KD beyond this year is to fire Marks.

But the likely scenario is that Tsai allows Marks to trade KD, the team bottoms out, and Marks gets fired in a year or two anyway.

And then Tsai will be left with no KD, no Marks, and likely a roster filled with young, developing talent.

Back
Top Bottom