Brooklyn teen tries to steal Air Jordans, loses arm in Craigslist robbery gone wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he was looking for a five finger discount. He tried to strong ARM the reseller.

On the serious note :The kid did t even look like he was running or anything. Just strolled off. Driver story is suspect.

Once the kid pulled out his gun, the self defense card is valid IMO. 

Losing your arm over some Jordans though? 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Once the kid pulled out his gun, the self defense card is valid IMO. 

Losing your arm over some Jordans though? :x
Homeboy ran away after stealing the shoes. The guy in the truck aka seller chased him down in his car n hit him.

Def attempted murder imo

Bruh....are there cameras literally everywhere in NY or what????? 
laugh.gif

How in the hell is the whole incident captured on video in different angles?

Idk man...Who hits a lick and walks away that calmly?? 

You pull a gun on him and pull the trigger, but it jams and you get out the 

whip and stroll away like its nothing? Type savage 

I don't feel bad for the teen at all.

Of course he has to say self defense..........

Bruh....are there cameras literally everywhere in NY or what????? :lol:
How in the hell is the whole incident captured on video in different angles?
Idk man...Who hits a lick and walks away that calmly?? 
You pull a gun on him and pull the trigger, but it jams and you get out the 
whip and stroll away like its nothing? Type savage 

Street light have cameras in them

Pre meditated
He will lose because he turned around and hit him
If the teen pulled a gun and then he hauled off and the teen fell out of the car victim would be safe
However he had time on think before running him over

Last edited:
Even though the seller took it too far...you know what someone points a gun at you in your car and jacks your Jordans. **** that. This idiot got exactly what he deserved. Sad thing is that now both of their lives will be impacted forever after this. The thief's arm will never be the same and the seller now has an attempted murder charge along with several other reckless endangerment charges for sure.

I have had nothing but good experiences on buying and selling all kinds of stuff on CL for a decade now. I have never had trouble with any buyer or seller throughout the city, Queens & BK. And I'm not one of those people that request a public place for safety. Stuff like this just further harms one of the best pure marketplaces available today.

What you mean you don't request a public place? So you're saying you just invite cats to your crib? Or do you just go to theirs? Either way, not a smart move despite your streak of success. I used to know ppl when they were alive before they went to meetup for sneakers/iPhones. I used to know them. Meaning they're dead. This ain't a game.

I always say inside of a grocery store. You pull a strap? Multiple cameras and witnesses watching you. You swipe shoes/cash out my hand and try to run? Multiple opportunities for me to catch up to you and tackle you into a conveniently placed center aisle stock display of paper towels or just harder for a thief to make it to the entrance plus there's still the parking lot you'd have to get thru. Even sold a MacBook in a Kroger Starbucks bar

Last edited:
Grocery store for meetups? Youre just waiting for someone to run so you could tackle em through a table of cookies. :lol:

Or you could always do inside of a bank, tons of cameras and people and if you are a buyer then you can just deposit the money right away (ward off fake bills).

What you mean you don't request a public place? So you're saying you just invite cats to your crib? Or do you just go to theirs? Either way, not a smart move despite your streak of success. I used to know ppl when they were alive before they went to meetup for sneakers/iPhones. I used to know them. Meaning they're dead. This ain't a game.

I always say inside of a grocery store. You pull a strap? Multiple cameras and witnesses watching you. You swipe shoes/cash out my hand and try to run? Multiple opportunities for me to catch up to you and tackle you into a conveniently placed center aisle stock display of paper towels or just harder for a thief to make it to the entrance plus there's still the parking lot you'd have to get thru. Even sold a MacBook in a Kroger Starbucks bar

I never bring anyone I don't know to my crib. I usually deliver and do the deal in my car or next to it. Sometimes I've gone to their place. Other times the seller has requested a safe spot and I'll direct them to a block that has enough traffic and just do it on the street. I know how to handle myself and use my intuition to know when a buyer seems like he can give me trouble. I used to have a problem with certain substances so I know what I'm doing.

Sad this dude will lose his life over this dumb kid but that's on him.

Btw if you sell on CL check your local police station. I know mine is a designated CL meetup area

I never bring anyone I don't know to my crib. I usually deliver and do the deal in my car or next to it. Sometimes I've gone to their place. Other times the seller has requested a safe spot and I'll direct them to a block that has enough traffic and just do it on the street. I know how to handle myself and use my intuition to know when a buyer seems like he can give me trouble. I used to have a problem with certain substances so I know what I'm doing.

i like how this dude thinks

i'll do a meet in a local bank
always get a number of the buyer/seller

talk to the person before you meet

i do and i can get an idea if the buyer is serious on meeting or wasting time

80% to 85% when i do that you can get an idea if the person is serious on buying and is not wasting your time and get a feel for who your meeting

with me no text app or app number
it has to be a cellphone contact number
also no texting i use phone where i can receive a text but cant answer it

i also dont deal with app numbers
working cellphones only

not meeting somewhere if i cant get a hold of the buyer
for me no number from the buyer no sale
i'm not mobile and i'm not going out of my way to sell to anyone

Btw if you sell on CL check your local police station. I know mine is a designated CL meetup area

i dont believe nyc has this

you can get arrested with out a vending license in nyc

ithis happen to a well know re-seller and myself in the street

Last edited:
Grocery store for meetups? Youre just waiting for someone to run so you could tackle em through a table of cookies. :lol:

Or you could always do inside of a bank, tons of cameras and people and if you are a buyer then you can just deposit the money right away (ward off fake bills).

Yea fam, somebody try me and I WILL send them into the harris teeter dinosaur with the 'please take one' sugar cookies. [emoji]128074[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji] :lol:
But meeting at the bank is a good idea. Like you said, safe place and easy to check for fake bills. It's funny, but during meet ups I use a counterfeit detector marker for cash. I get the "you doing too much" line sometimes but ain't nobody bout to run off on me with some fugazzi bills.

Man I've been pulled over by cops who were heated that I didn't stop right away. There's a certain level of danger being in someone's stomping grounds and you are less familiar to the area. Cop thought I could have been setting him up, leading him into an ambush or something, idk :lol: but I knew the point he was trying to make. Thing about stories like this, a lot of times its younger individuals that are involved pulling stunts like this and that's how they think, "my neighborhood, I know my way around, I'll get away". Nevertheless, the selling of substances is a whole different world of experience dealing with human interaction and I'm sure you got all this down on your side. I just want the readers and lurkers to know, some of these dudes will blow your head clean off your neck and literally separate limbs off your body. All over some 8s :lol:

i like how this dude thinks

i'll do a meet in a local bank
always get a number of the buyer/seller

talk to the person before you meet

i do and i can get an idea if the buyer is serious on meeting or wasting time

80% to 85% when i do that you can get an idea if the person is serious on buying and is not wasting your time and get a feel for who your meeting

with me no text app or app number
it has to be a cellphone contact number
also no texting i use phone where i can receive a text but cant answer it

i also dont deal with app numbers
working cellphones only

not meeting somewhere if i cant get a hold of the buyer
for me no number from the buyer no sale
i'm not mobile and i'm not going out of my way to sell to anyone

i dont believe nyc has this

you can get arrested with out a vending license in nyc

i this happen to a well know re-seller and myself in the street

waat? its one person selling another a personal item, its not like peddling in the subway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom